Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punishment Poll: Noire and Jack
Hello all. By now you’ve been informed of what has occurred in the community recently. If not, please read Scoovie’s most recent thread. I’m creating this thread as a follow up to it all. This is to serve as a vote on how we believe the punishments were issued. This is NOT a discussion board. Scoovie’s thread is for discussion. If your vote reflects your post on that thread, obviously there’s no point in saying it again. Obviously whatever the majority say here is meaningless. But based on what most people want, with their reasoning in that other thread, we can get clear idea of the opinion of individuals. 

Noire was using an alt to supposedly stir up a reaction from staff. He allegedly wanted them to believe he was hacking in order to get a response from them, seeing how they addressed the issue. He used staff resources, such as relay and staff discord, in order to do it. 
His punishment: Demotion from Mod to tmod. A permanent strike on his record. 

Jack was accused of assisting noire and of not taking action to turn him in. This was through his ability to see staff chat when noire couldn’t through his alt. Jack was accused of feeding information to the alt. His punishment was ONLY a permanent strike on his record. As a result, his moderator application was instantly denied. His application had majority community support. 

On the issue of Noire and Jack’s punishments, were they (the punishments) right or wrong? 

Please just say your vote for each one. If you have more information behind what either staff member did, please objectively state it here. This is NOT a forum for debate, just a thread to get the opinion of the community. 

My Views: 

Noire punishment: Wrong.

Jack punishment: Wrong. . 

Do NOT purposely like or dislike individuals based on their opinion. If you see someone with negative opinion, please like their post to make it zero. If it is positive, please dislike to make it zero. Your vote shouldn’t be on what you believe the community wants. You also shouldn’t fear mass dislikes.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
How the Strike System Works:
Failure to adhere to the duties and expectations of your staffing position can and will result in termination, penalties, non-eligibility for promotion, etc. Depending on the offense, termination may be immediate. However, in most cases termination is based on a strike system. Verbal warnings may also be issued with no strikes. Any Staff who receives 3 strikes will be terminated/demoted from their staffing position. Strikes are CUMULATIVE AND DO NOT EXPIRE.  Each situation will be handled on a case by case basis with the admins having discretion on what will receive warnings and strikes.

So from what i'm seeing here though he did have the backing from community, however he did receive a only a strike its not like he cant re-apply in a month and go again. He did feed admin chat to a player to help troll in a sense. I mean we all do stupid shit at times but i feel that we have to own up for what we did instead of pushing off as if we'd act different this happened to someone else. Granted i feel that it was a bit rushed in the decision making on the punishments, however i feel this is a step towards what people want which is others being held responsible in the community for there actions regardless of who they are. This is just my thoughts on it nobody here is in the right but lets just learn from mistakes and grow as a community. more coming soon tired
Raider I really appreciate the support man but its best to just let it go this wont change or solve anything. As much as I disagree the decision is final just hope we can all learn something from this and just move on. I will just reapply when I can.
[Image: 46713d688f8087b1f2d3b92a79d7afea.png]

Future owner  :D
I know I don't play ttt

But I don't agree with Noire punishment
My reason: So from what i'm taking on this is that Noire was trolling on an alt... I really don't see the problem with that because that's just gmod
Jack punishment:Right...
My reason:I'm sorry to put this But Jack you're hella chill But what you did was unprofessional...

Like I said I don't play ttt but Alts are used for a lot of things so just want to add my opinion on this Please don't hate me for my comments^ Fyi I think both of you guys are good at your jobs of staffing the server <3
[Image: AthleticYoungLamb-max-1mb.gif]