Tears of a Clown
Ingame Name: tenki.cs

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:65883840

Who Banned You: Penguinslayer4

Reason For Ban: trolling

Length of Ban: permanent

Reason for Admins to Unban: Staff member that banned me had decision influenced by a personal discussion not related to the server. I'm also slightly responsible considering I directly requested to be permabanned. I also said multiple times over voice chat that I wanted a way to get permanently banned without really hurting anyone's feelings (I was saying/doing a lot of stupid stuff that day including outside of the server because I was in a bad way.) I'd rather not get into our conversations. The discomfort associated with our conversations and anxiety about potentially being asked about them is why I didn't appeal sooner. Also, upon looking at the rules, I believe the offense I was banned for, if it's even an offense, would fall under nothing other than trolling. I think I'm past the 4th offense at this point (I have no idea how this server defines trolling and it's such a vague term), but the 4th offense is listed as a 1 week ban with staff discretion listed underneath. Unless the staff discretion means asking joke questions such as 'can the detective say the n word' is worthy of a permanent ban. It really reads to me like a misuse of staff powers to get rid of someone a staff member has a personal distaste for in this case.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): I was banned at least 4 times for different reasons but the first one was the only one I found record of in the forums. The decisive offense for my permaban was asking if the detective was allowed to say the n word and a bunch of other dumb, innocuous questions. https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...t=tenki.cs

Other: I don't know why I'm adding this, but I dislike that I'm expending effort toward improving someone's server through discourse without compensation when such could be used to the benefit of ideas I disagree with fundamentally. I guess I just missed some people even if not everyone misses me. I've been far from a perfect person, even in cases where I wasn't punished or warned, so whatever. Can't even remember all the names I want to apologize to, but the staff member who banned me isn't one of them, and the incident I was permabanned for isn't one of the events I feel sorry for, which is why I'm here.
-1 on unban
You were banned by 3 different staff, and from reviewing the bans it looks to be that you're hot headed.  
The bans included offenses like: Racism. Targetting plays, trolling,  and ignoring staff. 

Your responses here prove nothing beyond the fact that you're prideful and unapologetic.  Yes you're human and make mistakes, with that being said I support a ban reduction to 12 months to 3 years instead of permanent. 

KOS you later
 the incident I was permabanned for isn't one of the events I feel sorry for, which is why I'm here.’

Well this just invalidates you’re whole appeal. If you are not sorry for what you were banned for and therefore are likely to do it again then there would be no point in you being unbanned. Multiple bans also show a lack of understanding and progression. 
[Image: unknown.jpg]
Imma have to give a -1 banned 4 times harassment and trolling and I'm guessing you're prolly toxic when you get heated from all the "Take a break and come back" ban reasons i see.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Aight, so here goes, I classified this as trolling due to the fact I didn't think someone, who had already be given 2 other chances to stop, would possibly think it is a good idea to harass someone a third time. So I figured, he must be trolling. Regardless, it was unwanted and uncalled for and you had been told multiple times, by more than just me, to stop.

Incidents that lead to your bans:

#1 you harassed a player for several rounds/maps for cussing at you and kept attempting to rdm him and stated in voice chat that you would not stop until he apologized for cussing at you. <--this lead to a 1-2 week ban from me.

#2 you tell someone to stop door blocking in a doorway in fairyworld (that map a ttt member made us) that had more than enough room to get through, he makes a "succ my pp" comment, you rdm him for it and claim door blocking. You then start going off on staff about how you were sexually harassed by him and that he should be publicly warned not to make "succ my pp" comments. <--this lead to Turner banning you for constantly arguing with staff.

#2.5 this one here is why I blocked you on steam but did not play into your ban but is why you think I made a biased decision on your ban. After Turner banned you, you proceed to message me about how I should have stepped in, despite 3 staff members handling YOUR case alone. You already had 2 mods (Nicol Bolas and Turner) as well as an, at the time, trusted (Brown Sugar). I told you to stop and that I was done talking about it cause there were more than enough staff members handling your case. You continued, so I blocked you.

#3 you waited out your ban, got on server, and decided it would be a good idea to constantly message me via psay about the incidents in #2 and #2.5, I tried to be nice and explain the situation, you didn't like that answer, and decided to continue harassing me via psay. I told you to stop. You did not. So I consulted some admins ONLY using things you were saying ON SERVER as a weight for how long they thought you should be banned. 

Your ban had nothing to do with "can I say the n word as a detective?" It just so happens that that is how you were deciding to troll at that moment. It had everything to do with how you were choosing to conduct yourself on server and how you were asked to stop and refused.

"I'd rather not get into our conversations. The discomfort associated with our conversations and anxiety about potentially being asked about them is why I didn't appeal sooner" <--these conversations are exactly why you were banned. So I find it funny you don't wanna talk about them.

But hey, if you want I have 98 items (between videos and screenshots) I would be more than happy to upload and post here if you'd like when I get home from work tonight. Then people can see WHY you were banned.

TL: DR, you deserved your bans but don't want to talk about what lead up to your bans. And I have never had so much proof of harassment on anyone EVER in my history of staffing (both between my time on prophunt and ttt,) especially in such a short time.
So almost all of the things about this ban have been addressed.
I would believe that this would be a simple -1.
However, if you would be willing to admit your mistakes after being shown all of this. I would not mind a reduction to see whether or not you actually care about this server.
Well regardless, my opinion depends on what you'll think of all of this
-1 on full unban
+0 on a 1 year reduction.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
Damn she’s got 99 problems and you’re 98 of them

I’m already on the fence when we do month long unban timers, and am against any longer than a month, so suggesting a year or whatever is far left field. Considering you’re constantly having this problem I’ll -1 and suggest you come back later

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I remember some of these incidents. I personally don't see the point of a year reduction due to how long of a time that is. With 4 bans with similar situations I'm going to -1.
Cherry-picking sycophants lol. Imagine being so deceitful as to say I feel no remorse @"Old Man Voss" @"[pink] Pixie Soldier" when I've already stated otherwise ("Can't even remember all the names I want to apologize to", thanks for doing everything in your power to deny me that opportunity, which is a big part of the reason I appealed my ban) for pretty much everything except the reason I was banned this last time, and I declined to appeal any of my other bans or even comment on them in the forums until now. Of course I'm not gonna kiss the ring and pretend I agree with every decision that went down here. That'd be a betrayal to every friend who's ever told me a horror story of what happens when people venerate TTT servers so highly (not saying my case is anywhere near that bad, it'd be an insult to those friends, but the culture I oppose so strongly will lead to something really bad happening if left unchecked like you lemmings seem so intent on, the worst part being the server will probably just go on with the offending party being among the staff and everyone just taking their side by default). Honesty is really important.

And of course the staff member who banned me made no mention of their mistreatment of me outside the server, going so far as to pretend it didn't happen. Well aware of my dealing with something that makes me a bit more on edge that I hope they will at least have the decency not to disclose here. Treating me as a fully rational actor that should be fully accountable for his actions to the point of deserving a permaban in spite of this when they clearly know better and treating me like a rabid dog after having pretended to be my friend for a period of time. I feel betrayed, thanks for making me say it. That's no remorse. I know it is because that staff member blocked me when I said I felt hurt by something they did in private that none of you will ever see, then used my dissatisfaction with this as an excuse to ban me. That's why I don't feel like apologizing here. That's how it is and I'm not going to be docilized into pretending otherwise. The staff member should also know my desire to apologize to certain other people is genuine (maybe it's why they insist on doing everything in their power to keep me banned so I won't get the opportunity), but I doubt they'll admit it given how they've treated me.

The decisive ban was illegitimate and the listed offense was not one where a permaban is recommended in the rules. Are people just chiming in on how they personally feel without actually reading into the case and server rules? That reeks of Salem. Are you familiar with the term "precedent"? It'd be a pretty bad one set if I were to remain permanently banned. If my last offense is seen as a legitimate trolling offense, I'd be fine with a reduction to 4 weeks from the event, but I think going from 1 week to a permanent ban over an offense where the maximally listed penalty is 1 week on the 4th offense with staff discretion also listed (I'd be on the 5th offense given this is the first time I've received more than a week ban). Maybe the proper ban is another 1-week one, or 2. I don't know. A permanent ban for my offense, or a year ban, is simply absurd even if I am as guilty as people falsely claim I am. @"ChokeMeGrandpa"

Why not advocate a proper ban length rather than tell me to 'come back later' and repeat this process if you think I shouldn't be banned longer than a month? Either say I should be permabanned or say I should have a ban reduction rather than saying we should waste everyone's time with a second appeal? @matt_st3 (Strongrule)

Kindly leave the discussion if that's all you're going to add. If you weren't a witness to anything and all you're going to do is look at how many times I was banned and what the ban reason was for (without even checking the rules for how long to ban someone for given nth offenses), you're not adding anything to the conversation. @"Near"
If denied, you wouldn’t be able to make another appeal for one month. Since I don’t like extended times let because they feel subjective and/or pulling number from thin air, I’m advocating that your unban be denied and that you come back some time after that month when you feel is right. If I were to pick say 3 months, that’s nowhere listed and random. If you come back and make an appeal, we can evaluate your standing again. This was a time suggested by admins from what I’m reading, so I doubt you’ll get a full unban. The suggestion of not making some call about how long of a ban is directed towards them.

So TLDR, id rather see you come back in a month+ and evaluate if you would still troll then.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon