Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The REAL Problem.
Hello, yes it's me, creating yet another post about this stupid idea created by the one and only admins. I'll try to keep it a PG so I don't get banned, like I'd care anyway.

The real problem within this trainwreck of a community is the staff, more specifically, the admins. I don't want to say all staff members are the problem because some of them aren't. I have been part of many communities, some good and some bad. After seeing how things are really run here, I'd confidently say that Dinkleberg's is ranked top 3 of the worst communities I've ever joined and tried to be a part of. The level of communication between the admins and the community is god awful. Do the admins even read forum posts? Do they even know what a community is? They clearly don't because they run this show the way they want and don't want feedback for the community. This is why every decision they make results in a shitshow. 

Another thing I want to say is the staff ranking system is actual shit. Do mods even have a say in anything or are they just robots who do bans? Do trusted members or t-mods have a say in anything? Like I've said before, I've never seen anything so awful for a ranking system. Also, as a donor, I would like to feel that my opinions are heard, just like everyone else. If I could go back in time and stop myself from buying donor on here, I would gladly stop my past self and prevent myself from being involved in this mess of an admin-ran community. Honestly. 

Enough with being negative and stating the obvious. Here is a simple, easy solution that would greatly improve this community:

Get new admins. Clean house. Demote, or even ban, the current admins who are inactive and provide nothing positive to the community and promote the few good mods that are active and want to see positive change throughout Dinkleberg. Unban the wrongfully banned and reinstate the staff who resigned because of this mistake if they want.

Anyway, this post will probably get deleted since having an opinion is banned here. I'm out and won't be back unless a positive change is made, even then maybe not. Laterrrrrrr, byeeeeeeeeee.

***By "admins," I am referring to anyone with the rank admin or higher.***

yes, we ban opinions its totally not like we have people in the dinks discord that meme and poke fun of the admins often or did you never see the useless elites comments or the fact people make fun of TTT admins and dink they aren't active. Was it wrong of them to use SSs from other discords yes, but there is a big difference between having an opinion and just being a prick.

The REAL problem is this fucking mob mentality.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
You might as well tag the admins so they can see your opinion of them.
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
You could’ve gotten your point across without being so passive aggressive, in my honest opinion.

Like Happy said, the ganging up on and mass -1s are mob mentality like and is a big issue.
The real problem is we have no active staff now
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]
I'll add this. I agree with your stance that the communication sucks.

I've seen stuff get added and no one was notified about the change until after people started to complain about it.

Now for your stance on cleaning house. I dont think that would work at all. It's never smart to just do that unless there is a REALLY good reason.

I'd suggest maybe rotating admins for a certain time period. Yall might be like "well what does that mean?"

-Everyone is a mod and after lets say a 6 month rotation new admins get chosen. The current admins are then returned to a moderator rank.
- How the admins get chosen is a voting system that include the current active staff members: Trusted, TMOD, and Mods. The Mods are the ones that have the opportunity to be promoted to Admin. The 3 current admins will not have their names in the vote. The Mods cant vote for themselves and must be a mod for at least 6 months to be in the vote.

Anyways calling out people in a forum post doesn't truly solve anything. Talk to them personally first and if you cant get the answer you want then I believe a forum post would be necessary.
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
Ur right the admins didn't do anything good since this is a classic display of the shit they were trying to stop but you can't stop the majority.

I wasn't gonna say anything because this place is emotionally taxing but
Speaking from personal experience, I've been attacked by people here for months before. Getting constantly shaded or having people shit talk me for simply stating a concern and have them turn it around and respond to something miniscule that wasn't even my point. Having people make shit up and spread it around. I literally had to take a break and learn to stop caring because of the amount of shit I was getting was mentally exhausting. People giving me shit from my mod app made me very close to rejecting the position but I was told to keep it yet the reason I was getting executed for it is the same shit others displayed. 

It's not even policing dm's or opinions in other discords imo, from how I see it it's the way people go about it. It's the backbone of mob mentality, people mindlessly following their friends. I'm already aware people shit talking me in their own groups, I've had them come up and tell me that they are. It's toxic, people I've never even spoken to before hate me because of x,y,z. I can't even openly say anything without feeling concerned I'm gonna be attacked by someone's attack dog. Support is great and all but stomping on others for them isn't the best way to go about it but hey, I realize everyone's upset.

I'm not going to come in here and act like I'm some poor sick animal innocent of the things done here, I admit I've wronged some people in here too but I admitted fault and asked for forgiveness. I'm not out here following my friends and going out of my way to attack someone.

I welcome u all to attack me once again since I'm pretty used to it from this place  :s
Newly appointed purple prick here coming at you with some opinion. 

So, let's start with what all sides have done that could lead to this. No one ever wants to admit they're wrong or even think they're wrong, really. We get it. Gaming is competitive and you want to win. But that same principle many times carries over into community/interpersonal relations and that's one of the several factors that leads to drama. 

Going into specifics, here's where I'm at right now of factors that could lead to the mess this community is now.

Admins/Ownership: None of you are bad people at heart. You did a lot of work to get up to the position. And being an admin can be an inherently difficult position because you in many cases may have to end up putting friendships aside to do what you believe is best for the community and that can be a very difficult thing to do. However, in this community, I do believe the administration can be very out of touch with the community and even its own staff and the most recent decision shows that. There has been a string of decisions I disagree with/make no sense to me, but this recent thing is the best example I think. There were plenty of opportunities to address it individually, or have a staff meeting with administration presiding, or mediate the main parties involved in issues. But from what it looks like, this all waited until things blew up and even those who are believed to be guilty by association are punished in the same way as others who may be more involved in drama. This just comes along as making an excuse to get rid of people you don't like/never liked, but that's secondary. Here's what seems to be missed with it:

IT DOES NOTHING TO SOLVE THE ISSUE. It's just "okay, they're not here, problem solved, let's go home"
So, your dog (the person or people who started an issue) shits (the issues) on your floor (the staff/regular members) next to a rug (the rest of the community). You have options. You pick up the shit (get the small things out of the way), clean the floor (have a discussion on the issues), and train your dog to not shit on the floor (find a way to prevent the issue in the future).

Using this metaphor, I'm going to describe the handling of the recent situation: 

The dog shits on the floor, you proceed to push the shit under the rug, and then shoot the dog and declare victory. So, you have a dirty floor (your own staff turn against you), now a dirty rug (the rest of the community catches on and turns against you), and dead dog (the people you community banned). That's pretty much where we're at now. 

The Community/Other Staff: Now, there is still a community factor involved in this too, and just because the staff mishandled, doesn't mean there isn't any fault within it. Firstly, I think part of it has to do with a lot of the community is still high school/recently out of high school age. The kind of drama in the community is par for the course with it. And it's okay to have friend groups. Disagreements happen to. But no matter how boneheaded or detrimental something may be perceived as, or how much you dislike someone, it's not like high school where the school won't come down if one group has a problem with another person or another group. Civility is absolutely necessary for this community to be healthy and I have seen a lack of civility in many of the recent issues. But given that things already happened and the dog is dead, the best thing to do is learn from what's an unfortunate situation. That's what maturity is about, and I think was the biggest thing lacking during the situations that led up to this on the community side of things. 

As someone who has seen it before, these are the things in the end that do end up killing a community. So it's up to those that are now the base of this place to make improvements and do what's necessary to keep it going if they want it to survive. 
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I agree that the staff ranking system sucks. Actually, this is the first server I came across that had a "Trusted" rank. I once wrote to Dink with a suggestion to change it and what worked best for me since I've been owner of multiple Communities plus been lead admin on multiple servers (Not only gmod). You can guess what answer I've got, none xD.

Dink being inactive is what it is.. He has the right to be inactive and do whatever the fuck he wants, that's his right.. After all, he's the owner.
Ofcourse it's not recommended to have an inactive Owner, but normally a Lead/Head admin should be able to take over his tasks. Problem is that Dink doesn't trust anybody enough to give them extended rights and privileges as in editing/managing the server(s) properly (At least that's what I've heard.). Plus given the fact that most current admins are way too inactive to lead/manage the community/server. After all, I think it's mandatory that an admin connects with his/her fellow staff and players so that they know what's going on in the community. This is one of the big reasons it's going downhill for a while already. A simple example is there's no communication whatsoever regarding adding/deleting stuff from the server. Shit just gets added while there's no opinion asked of the most important people here, the regulars/donors. Instead of adding new content, first fix the problems everybody is asking for. Now I know even admins have limited power but still.

Some really good staff members and players have left or have been banned, sadly. Admins.. Please get yourselves together and fight for this community by being involved, active and committed. If not, be honest to yourselves and make room for the ones who are active and involved in the community. Because if you don't, this community will sooner or later die and I wouldn't like to see that happening.

Sorry Hani, gotta insult u.
HO-NI
Greetings, 
Swartsy
The deal with some long time and mostly active members being banned without proper warning is dumb by itself, but I agree that the communication between admins and the community is a pile of horseshit. What lift said about the admin rotation seems like an actual good idea, so things stay “fresh” in the higher up ranks. We also just need more admins in general. There are only 2 of them, only one of which is active when it comes to server time.

Here are my suggestions:

-Offer those banned who were active and caused minimal actual problems a free and immediate unban, or at least a reduction to a week or 2.

-Remove sponsorship for staff apps, as a lot of staff members resigned and we need more to restore “order”.

-Consider allowing admin apps, since there are only 2 and the community could use a few more.

-Increase punishment for GENUINE TOXCICITY, not just someone’s opinion that contradicts someone else’s opinions/ideas.
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]