Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The TTT Dump
(07-15-2018, 08:18 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: Summer, thanks for your post. I won't lie. Your abuse thread against Exiled fell through the cracks. We spent our time talking about ReThink's behavior in that thread, rather than the reason why the thread was made in the first place. I'd like to personally apologize for that. I do agree with you in that each person's tolerance to harassment is different. I'll use Guru as the example because he made this thread. If Guru finds someone's, say text hat, offensive, he should let us know, because we're not Guru. What I may not find offensive, someone else might. If you feel that something has encroached your line of comfort, let a staff member know.

I understand that staff get busy, and there isn't a need to apologize I do appreciate it though. I never really thought about it, because it wasn't that much of a big deal. It was more of a thread to say "Look, what you did was wrong" and he ended up acknowledging it. I do believe that the server will have less harassment, but it will take some time.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I would have hoped more would have read this thread to get a basic understanding on the server's condition. I remember a couple mentioning it in game when I posted it originally, neither saying anything positive in their remarks. When logging on today, I came into a conversation on me because another player was taking longer than they wished. Following my connect a rather large group of regular players decided to berate me for no reason.

I decide not to respond to it or report them, but a lack of moderators didn't help the situation since it continued on. The only one capable of stopping the nonsense (Trusted) was part of the group of, for a lack of better term right now, bullies. Insults, put downs, racism, metagaming even if they refused to admit it. Even one player who wanted to be a mod asked where I was among the team of Traitors where I was so they could knife me, not even checking to see I was a fellow T until after the statement.

I've seen no one else victim to this issue at least to when I'm on. There is a jest with Jimbo being a shotgun in player form for how awesome he is at killing when a Traitor, and with a couple players that their talking voice is their lying voice ( a reference to Tom on Yogscast, the Forever Traitor ), but nothing is taken past such humor into the realm of insults and harassment to the same extent.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(07-18-2018, 07:43 PM)Guru Drak Wrote: I would have hoped more would have read this thread to get a basic understanding on the server's condition.  I remember a couple mentioning it in game when I posted it originally, neither saying anything positive in their remarks.  When logging on today, I came into a conversation on me because another player was taking longer than they wished.  Following my connect a rather large group of regular players decided to berate me for no reason.

I decide not to respond to it or report them, but a lack of moderators didn't help the situation since it continued on.  The only one capable of stopping the nonsense (Trusted) was part of the group of, for a lack of better term right now, bullies.  Insults, put downs, racism, metagaming even if they refused to admit it.  Even one player who wanted to be a mod asked where I was among the team of Traitors where I was so they could knife me, not even checking to see I was a fellow T until after the statement.

I've seen no one else victim to this issue at least to when I'm on.  There is a jest with Jimbo being a shotgun in player form for how awesome he is at killing when a Traitor, and with a couple players that their talking voice is their lying voice ( a reference to Tom on Yogscast, the Forever Traitor ), but nothing is taken past such humor into the realm of insults and harassment to the same extent.
At this point, I'd recommend some type of screen recording software so we can nip this in the bud.
One of them might be K-Chaotic as I heard him
merry christmas xbox
(07-14-2018, 06:36 PM)Guru Drak Wrote: Before writing this, I spent some time browsing the list of migration, exit, and other like-titled threads where players have grown disgusted or disappointed in TTT for its community and lack of civility.  As addressed in EpicGuy's thread, this has even spilled into the forums ( I have no wish to go onto discord to see what kind of monster lives there ).  Baiting, racism, antisemitism, and basic hatred for players based on impatience and unresolved daddy issues.

Over the past month this has increased by 300% if not more.  Usernames that are blatant rules violations go without conflict, as well as Text Accessory used to flaunt the username rule and avoid saying it in chat.  Verbal abuse is rarely monitored by online staff or Donor leveled individuals.  Screaming like a banshee or singing a love song 4 keys out of keys while they strangle their cat.

From the day I joined the server, there has been advertisements during map load for Staff.  New staff join eventually into the mix, promotions such as Ace and Gabe to full moderators; but there has been an equal or greater decrease in staff hours or activity.  Some I've seen demoted lately due to their conduct or of their own free will.  Lycan I've seen fluctuate between staff levels, as of recently Mr. Doug was demoted to Donor+, and Foxka stepped down from being pressured to undo actions which may or may not have been overreacted upon.

With the short staff appearance, the toxicity levels from players have risen greatly.  The server used to suffer from RDM when staff were offline and that was the only problem we faced for a couple hours (maps) and it was all resolved when someone got on.  Now, whether staff are online or offline, player abuse, teasing, and bullying occurs without resolve.  The more severe offenses such as moderator disrespect and blaring racism are taken care of, but other areas of abuse are ignored and let to continue.   TTT has become quite the hostile place to play in that under advice from a moderator I've had to begin muting players voices, leaving any callouts on mic, whether on me or others, to be unheard and result in RDM or other happenings in the game.  If they ever live check I'd not here it because I'm trying to be civil and mute their hatred from my household having to hear them.

My nature of gameplay might be different, but I prefer to play the game as it was designed; deduce who is your enemy if innocent and eliminate through proof, or as traitor, STEALTHILY eliminate the innocents.  This isn't Team Fortress 2, Halo, or PUBG.  You shouldn't be expected to shotgun down people in plain sight only to die to the guy you didn't see behind you when a traitor, you are supposed to do so without suspicion so the small team of players you have can take on the force 3 times your size.  If you die early because you made a mistake, you don't take it out on your team for it, you move on.

A game taking longer than you like while your dead isn't reason to become an ass either.  Not everyone was RDM'd by a 1 round player that gets banned like you, nor blown up by the jihad at 10 seconds into the game.  If you are impatient, a game with a timer isn't for you.  Go to minecraft or jelly rancher, even youtube.  It isn't your job to troll and harass other players just because you're dead or bored.

6. Do Not Flame Or Troll Players

Flaming, harassing, trolling, or targeting other players is prohibited. Offensive language (racism, sexism, etc) is NOT allowed in any form.

(copied from TTT rules page)

I think You are absolutely right.

I'm not playing on Dinkle's for a long time.. I think about 3 months now. So I don't know how it was before that.

In the beginning it was fun and nice, so I decided to devote more time on this server. After a while it really gotten worse fast. I do see 'light at the end of the tunnel' though. 
When it comes to Staff, My opinion is that the players who became staff lately, or being promoted, are well capable of changing things for the better. It just takes a little time to get rid of all the 'rotten apples'.
I know inside the chat bar there's the hints and such that players can use to understand the game. Is there a way to have the Harassment form link implemented into that system? I feel it would give the players an opportunity to see the proper way to handle harassment and let others know that we do not tolerate harassment.

If need be, create a Form for Harassment that the victim can fill out, similar to a ban request if not suggest they fill out a ban request form if they feel they're being harassed and have the proof to back it up. 

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but staff isn't always on and players need to know that there's still help even when staff isn't around.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ill fixing this when i become trusted : )
Jack of some traits, Master of none
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
(09-10-2018, 07:40 PM)๖ۣۜ A Festive Fireball 1804 Wrote: Ill fixing this when i become trusted : )

necroing threads won't make you any more viable for staff
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-10-2018, 07:42 PM)๖♥Helen♥๖ Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 07:40 PM)๖ۣۜ A Festive Fireball 1804 Wrote: Ill fixing this when i become trusted : )

necroing threads won't make you any more viable for staff

OuCh i mean i was trying to be positive and my app was already accepted so that wasnt why i posted this
Jack of some traits, Master of none
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]