Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Vector
Now thanks to the interesting responses from the thread I made about the Bull$hite, I decided to use the comparison method to weapons I believe are too strong and are in dire need of a nerf. As of now I will avoid the Shitgun as a target, but I may target it later along the lines.

As the thread title says, today I am tackeling the Vector. In-Game this weapon feels quite overpowered indeed, hell I've become snarky towards people who actively use this weapon, anyway going off topic. I have decided to compare the Vector to the Shotgun, the H.U.G.E. and the Famas. Why these three weapons? The shotgun for raw damage output, H.U.G.E. for rate of fire and Famas for the standard assault rifle available to everyone. I must say I am genuinly suprised by the stats...

So lets begin with the standard, damage output. Note that for the shotgun I use one pellet instead of the whole shot (Wich has 8 pellets).

Limbs:
    Vector: 12
    Shotgun: 11
    H.U.G.E.: 4
    Famas: 9

Body:
    Vector: 22
    Shotgun: 22  
    H.U.G.E.: 7  
    Famas: 17

Head:
    Vector: 28
    Shotgun: 44 (Scuse me?)
    H.U.G.E.: 15
    Famas: 46

Now I hear you say, damage does not matter much cuz they're all automatic weapons. (Semi-auto for the shotgun) This arguement would be correct if I didnt record myself shooting a clip empty and pinpointing exactly how long it takes to empty a magazine, do some calculations and voila.

Vector: 663.5 Rounds per minute (11.1 shots per second)
Shotgun: 78.6 Rounds per minute (1.3 shots per second)
H.U.G.E.: 970.8 Rounds per minute (16.8 shots per second)
Famas: 575 Rounds per minute (9.6 shots per second)

Knowing this, doing some more math we learn the raw damage output of each of these weapons if all shots hit the target in damage per second (DPS). Note the damage of the Shotgun was amplified by 8 because it fires 8 pellets.

Limbs:
    Vector: 132.7 DPS
    Shotgun: 115.3 DPS
    H.U.G.E.: 64.7 DPS
    Famas: 86.3 DPS

Body:
    Vector: 243.3 DPS
    Shotgun: 230.6 DPS
    H.U.G.E.: 113.3 DPS
    Famas: 162.9 DPS

Head:
    Vector: 309.6 DPS
    Shotgun: 461.1 DPS
    H.U.G.E.: 242.7 DPS
    Famas: 440.8 DPS

Here we see that in terms of limb and body damage the Vector leads the charge in terms of damage output however in headshot damage it loses to the Famas and the Shotgun. Now I got into all the calculating so I thought of myself, why not calculate how long it takes for each of these weapons to blast someone if all of the shots hit. Note that I dont take rate of fire into account here. Also I am leaving the shotgun out due to the pellets and its low rate of fire. 

Limbs:
    Vector: 0.75s
    H.U.G.E.: 1.55s
    Famas: 1.16s

Body:
    Vector: 0.41s
    H.U.G.E.: 0.88s
    Famas: 0.61s

Head:
    Vector: 0.32s
    H.U.G.E.: 0.41s
    Famas: 0.23s

Now overall, while limb and body damage is on the high side, it amazes me how on paper it seems decently balanced. The only thing I can really say is potentially nerf the limb damage to 9, body damage to 19 and leave the headshot damage be. While it seems like a tiny nerf, for a weapon with this rate of fire, small damage changes can affect it alot.

In terms of accuracy etc. I have screenshots of the recoil and accuracy. All of the shots were taken from the same distance. Note that for the H.U.G.E. screenshot in recoil I fired 50 shots and not all 150. Note: For the Famas recoil screenshot, its the line of bullet holes from the middle.

[Image: tKMHuhI.jpg][Image: 8j6Vyjc.jpg][Image: S3kzzKt.jpg][Image: nEghh1t.jpg][Image: g7NLo04.jpg][Image: COgzKrY.jpg][Image: Bhg7xpC.jpg][Image: TFJc1VG.jpg]
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(02-09-2018, 01:38 PM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote:     Shotgun: 44 (Scuse me?)

If you get shot in the head by a shotgun, you should be dead
That's one pellet

I mean this is cool and all, but I don't want to see any more weapons messed with until the shotguns are fixed for the gamemode.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Interesting.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
vectors a nice gun :)
[Image: KEURa1F.gif]
might as well nerf Lycan if you nerf the shotty
Rethinking this, I'd actually be quite interested in nerfing the shotgun. My longtime favorite weapon for nearly 4 years now but honestly, I'm trying to branch out now. I've enjoyed the AK-47 recently but its hard to use it when the shotgun is so much more powerful. When I am trying to kill people with the AK when they have the shotgun, it is quite difficult. So the shotgun should be weakened big league to make it more fair. Perhaps, dare I say, even removed? Of course, if it is removed then there needs to be some fun replacement guns that are on equal level with other submachine guns.
(02-09-2018, 09:35 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: Rethinking this, I'd actually be quite interested in nerfing the shotgun. My longtime favorite weapon for nearly 4 years now but honestly, I'm trying to branch out now. I've enjoyed the AK-47 recently but its hard to use it when the shotgun is so much more powerful. When I am trying to kill people with the AK when they have the shotgun, it is quite difficult. So the shotgun should be weakened big league to make it more fair. Perhaps, dare I say, even removed? Of course, if it is removed then there needs to be some fun replacement guns that are on equal level with other submachine guns.

So the Bass Cannon?
The vector is definitely a strong gun, able to compete with a shotgun since the dps is so high, if the first shell from a shoty doesnt kill and you hit your shots a vector will melt people. But you forgot the other SMG the MAC-10, which is easy to do with the fact that it is pretty low tier in comparison with most of the other guns in the server, i feel it should of been in your comparisons as they are the only 2 SMGs in game, well except the MP7, WHICH STILL NEEDS TO BE FIXED AS IT DOESNT SEEM TO HAVE AN AMMO TYPE, Unless i am retarded which is likely, it needs to be fixed. But again fasda, a nice thread that i hope doesnt die like the last one as quickly and these suggestions get taken in a speedy matter.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
[Image: IMG_1676.jpg]
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]