Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The server is declining in quality. We need to talk.
Please read the entire post before replying. I do expect this to raise some eyebrows, but I'm not trying to start a huge argument.
I'm trying my best to not make this thread about me, but as a community, as a whole. If I don't go into detail on something, it is because if I do I will get personal.
First off, this isn't directly related to me being banned. I decided since I'm taking a leave from the server for a week, I would just have a lengthy discussion on this. And I've been meaning to have this for a while.

The server's quality is declining. Fast. I'm not trying to disrespect anyone or anything, it's just a concern for the server I used to love so much. What's happening?
Some disagree with me on this. And that's fine, it really is a perspective thing. But there are those people who have also played for as long as I have and agree.

When I was on this server for the first time, I think way back when I was just 13, this server was excellent. Great staff, no drama, no BS. You had a thriving, fun community to play in and always felt welcome no matter what you were. You had a bunch of familiar faces who logged on every single day and we had a bunch of fun with them. 
But now I am nearing 18 and am a high school graduate. Now when I connect, those familiar faces are gone. There are no more people who regularly connect and are loyal to the server. Instead, you have a bunch of guests and randoms. I mean, that's good- having a community expand is great toward the server. But these guests connect once and just don't come back.

Staff is declining in quality along with the server. Statistically, they used to be on all the time, and you pretty much had the whole staff team playing. Now, there's rarely any on, and when there are, there's like 1-2 staff members and they don't nearly do as great a job. Don't get me wrong- some staff do as they always have- but then you have other staff who are disrespectful toward players and just don't care, people like t-mods who blatantly use cheats and get away with it. 
Some other staff that used to be on are just in, like, a club. They play games together, ignoring server duties. It makes me wonder how they haven't gotten demoted for being inactive.
There's staff who are banning people willy-nilly with little to no evidence (and i am NOT talking about my ban- i understand mine). Even sometimes staff handling their own situations and banning the person who somehow concerns them, which is the equivalent of handling your own report. It's.. it's just stupid.
Staff expect respect, yet only give off disrespect. In fact, here's a video of Scoovie saying he could ban me for no reason and get away with it.
They all hold grudges and draw conclusions about everything, even grudges that have lasted for years.
There's an extreme bias with staff, and some staff can get away with things that non-staff cannot. Sometimes Trusted's and Moderators just RDM me for no reason. I don't report because I'm not petty, but it does go on.
Related to the video is the main, base problem in staff: disagreement. All staff agree that the -er ending of the n word is bad, but it's a half/half problem with the -a ending. Half agree it's fine, the other half disagree.
The same appears to go for rules: half the staff abide by traditional rules, half the staff are aware of new rules put into effect. 
And when new rules do go into effect, there's really no warning. You're just expected to know them immediately. Not everyone keeps up-to-date on the forums, in fact not everyone even has a forum account.

I hope this server can improve and get better. I really loved this server, but now it just hurts to stay online and see the community I used to love so much be deteriorated by internal problems.
Good luck and good vibes everyone.
[Image: laXmwYH.gif]
Interesting how you only post 16 seconds of a couple minute conversation where I'm telling someone to change their name because it's not allowed, and you arguing with me that it's fine, and telling the person he doesn't need to change his name. The thing is EVERYTIME you come back you cause drama, you've harassed members of the community, you been caught lying and rdming, making up rules, and in general breaking the server rules, so tell me do you really care about the community and server? You've been on thin ice for awhile and you just keep stomping around making cracks in it.

As for changing the rules, the motd has a change log, the forum post has a change log, and we post the changes so the thread gets bumped, there is no reason not to know when the rules change. Racism and bigotry isn't allowed in any form, how much clearer can we be?

Staff have lives and are not required to be on the server 24/7. A hacking tmod thats blatantly getting away with it you say? Who? Proof? First time I'm hearing about this it seems.

Proof of your attitude and the drama you cause.

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...f-Commando
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...ed-2-slays
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...ys-I-m-out
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
Thats a yikes out of 10 for me
[Image: giphy.gif]
aren't you the cause of 90% of what you just said?

lol.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(06-25-2018, 06:41 PM)Scoovie Wrote: Interesting how you only post 16 seconds of a couple minute conversation where I'm telling someone to change their name because it's not allowed, and you arguing with me that it's fine, and telling the person he doesn't need to change his name. The thing is EVERYTIME you come back you cause drama, you've harassed members of the community, you been caught lying and rdming, making up rules, and in general breaking the server rules, so tell me do you really care about the community and server? You've been on thin ice for awhile and you just keep stomping around making cracks in it.

As for changing the rules, the motd has a change log, the forum post has a change log, and we post the changes so the thread gets bumped, there is no reason not to know when the rules change. Racism and bigotry isn't allowed in any form, how much clearer can we be?

Staff have lives and are not required to be on the server 24/7. A hacking tmod thats blatantly getting away with it you say? Who? Proof? First time I'm hearing about this it seems.

Interesting how you refuse to read considering the topic includes you. I was explaining how half of the staff team think the a ending is okay, and half do not. I was telling him it was fine before you even told him because so many staff before you have told me it's fine and have not punished. I was not trying to combat you.

Now, the threads you linked:
-I refuse to see how the "Sorry guys, I'm out" thread is proof of my attitude or drama. It was simply me announcing a break to take from the server and asking to be demoted so that I wouldn't cause any more problems. If anything, that's controlling drama.
-2 of the threads are from the same event
-The accidental RDM appeal was accepted and my sentence was shortened.

These aren't me trying to cause drama or have a bad attitude, and my bad attitude comes from being the victim of pretentious behavior from staff like you. Nobody on the server who still plays regularly has had problems with me except for staff like you because you saw me in a bad phase of my life. Simple as that.
This entire thread looks like a declined Special Olympics advertisement.
==================== L i l y =====================
[Image: tumblr_ne6mgl5MRJ1s3ci0uo1_500.gif]
"Nah, google it up, shitlord."
The world is but a treat, when you're on easy street
========================================================
(06-25-2018, 06:48 PM)Foxka Wrote: aren't you the cause of 90% of what you just said?

lol.

I don't think I am but I do know you're the reason I posted about staff handling their own problems and banning users on their own because they offended them.

(06-25-2018, 06:53 PM)Lily Wrote: This entire thread looks like a declined Special Olympics advertisement.

I really don't see why you need to disrespect me, or mock those with disabilities. I have never disrespected you and I don't even know you.
But I will thank you for proving my point. I can't even hold an intellectual discussion with the community without some stupid, negativity-provoking comment such as this.
(06-25-2018, 06:23 PM)Setro Wrote: First off, this isn't directly related to me being banned.

When I was on this server for the first time, I think way back when I was just 13, this server was excellent. Great staff, no drama, no BS.
But now I am nearing 18 and am a high school graduate. Now when I connect, those familiar faces are gone. There are no more people who regularly connect and are loyal to the server. Instead, you have a bunch of guests and randoms. I mean, that's good- having a community expand is great toward the server. But these guests connect once and just don't come back.

Staff is declining in quality along with the server. Statistically, they used to be on all the time, and you pretty much had the whole staff team playing. Now, there's rarely any on, and when there are, there's like 1-2 staff members and they don't nearly do as great a job. Don't get me wrong- some staff do as they always have- but then you have other staff who are disrespectful toward players and just don't care, people like t-mods who blatantly use cheats and get away with it. 
Some other staff that used to be on are just in, like, a club. They play games together, ignoring server duties. It makes me wonder how they haven't gotten demoted for being inactive.
There's staff who are banning people willy-nilly with little to no evidence (and i am NOT talking about my ban- i understand mine). Even sometimes staff handling their own situations and banning the person who somehow concerns them, which is the equivalent of handling your own report. It's.. it's just stupid.
Staff expect respect, yet only give off disrespect. In fact, here's a video of Scoovie saying he could ban me for no reason and get away with it.
They all hold grudges and draw conclusions about everything, even grudges that have lasted for years.
There's an extreme bias with staff, and some staff can get away with things that non-staff cannot. Sometimes Trusted's and Moderators just RDM me for no reason. I don't report because I'm not petty, but it does go on.
Related to the video is the main, base problem in staff: disagreement. All staff agree that the -er ending of the n word is bad, but it's a half/half problem with the -a ending. Half agree it's fine, the other half disagree.
The same appears to go for rules: half the staff abide by traditional rules, half the staff are aware of new rules put into effect. 
And when new rules do go into effect, there's really no warning. You're just expected to know them immediately. Not everyone keeps up-to-date on the forums, in fact not everyone even has a forum account.

Red = Omegalul

Purple = Granted, some staff are definitely not an par with the rest, but that's what the mod abuse forum is for. You should have brought your video to that discussion so that it was on record. Some staff definitely have more leverage over the rest when it comes to making decisions and not having the ability to be vetoed by anyone other than Dink, but to be fair that's the point of upper-level staff.
Any evidence of misuse should IMMEDIATELY be reported and documented to ensure the people at the top are accountable. Making wild claims like the ones in this thread are meaningless and do nothing except start drama unless they are backed by hard evidence, like the video. That's the only proof you provide in all the claims you make here.

orange = @Scoovie seriously man, even with context what you said in the video is a fucked up thing to say regardless. (and @"Setro" , you conveniently left out the "no reason" was that you had a name that broke the rules. I bet you were the little brother that hit your older sibling and then cried to your parents when he hit back.)

green = People join and leave this server/community all the time. That's how things work. Part of it is the fact that gmod doesn't quite pull as many people as it used to, part of it could be lack of staff timeslot coverage. There are other factors to consider as well. Trying to blame it all on one thing, however, is dumb, especially considering it really hasn't dropped much.

As @Scoovie said, read the damn !motd changelog. It's not hard to type !motd and read it. I do it all the time. You're expected to keep up on the rules because the rules are required to play the damn game. Maybe if you read them you wouldn't have issues.

There is a discrepancy with how some rules are carried out, I'll give you that. I think the !motd need to be expounded upon whenever "grey area" situations arise to prevent the same rules being questioned all the time. Perhaps a "rule suggestion" thread for advanced or detailed situational rules.

(06-25-2018, 06:41 PM)Scoovie Wrote: Interesting how you only post 16 seconds of a couple minute conversation where I'm telling someone to change their name because it's not allowed, and you arguing with me that it's fine, and telling the person he doesn't need to change his name. The thing is EVERYTIME you come back you cause drama, you've harassed members of the community, you been caught lying and rdming, making up rules, and in general breaking the server rules, so tell me do you really care about the community and server? You've been on thin ice for awhile and you just keep stomping around making cracks in it.

@Scoovie he does have a point about staff sitting in discord a lot when few seem to be online during pseudo-peak hours. Obviously anecdotal, but you have to admit a ton of people hang in the discord instead of the server when a lot of people are on.

And jesus christ how many times has @"Setro" been banned?

Final thoughts: Setro, you have maybe 1-2 valid points in there, but the rest is drama and bullshit. You break (from the evidence provided here and in other threads) a TON of rules constantly; I am shocked you have not been perma'd with how things have been going.
Stop breaking rules and maybe they won't ban you. Every time you do shit like that you contribute to the "decline of the server" that you lament so much.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

(06-25-2018, 06:56 PM)Setro Wrote:
(06-25-2018, 06:48 PM)Foxka Wrote: aren't you the cause of 90% of what you just said?

lol.

I don't think I am but I do know you're the reason I posted about staff handling their own problems and banning users on their own because they offended them.

(06-25-2018, 06:53 PM)Lily Wrote: This entire thread looks like a declined Special Olympics advertisement.

I really don't see why you need to disrespect me, or mock those with disabilities. I have never disrespected you and I don't even know you.
But I will thank you for proving my point. I can't even hold an intellectual discussion with the community without some stupid, negativity-provoking comment such as this.

Jokes on you, I'm not even apart of the community anymore. I've also been here for 3 years, so I seriously doubt that you don't know me considering you were on my friends list for two of them. Yes, I'm mocking people with disabilities because I pointed out the utter retardation that is this thread. Personally, I think you're an alright guy, but if you keep causing trouble almost every time you visit the forums, it's no wonder why others see you in a negative light.
==================== L i l y =====================
[Image: tumblr_ne6mgl5MRJ1s3ci0uo1_500.gif]
"Nah, google it up, shitlord."
The world is but a treat, when you're on easy street
========================================================
(06-25-2018, 07:05 PM)Lily Wrote: Jokes on you, I'm not even apart of the community anymore. I've also been here for 3 years, so I seriously doubt that you don't know me considering you were on my friends list for two of them. Yes, I'm mocking people with disabilities because I pointed out the utter retardation that is this thread. Personally, I think you're an alright guy, but if you keep causing trouble almost every time you visit the forums, it's no wonder why others see you in a negative light.
I mean, I have hundreds of friends on steam. It's nothing personal, I just can't keep track of each and every one.

(06-25-2018, 07:05 PM)ReThink Wrote: Final thoughts: Setro, you have maybe 1-2 valid points in there, but the rest is drama and bullshit. You break (from the evidence provided here and in other threads) a TON of rules constantly; I am shocked you have not been perma'd with how things have been going.
Stop breaking rules and maybe they won't ban you. Every time you do shit like that you contribute to the "decline of the server" that you lament so much.
Thank you for actually holding a discussion and having a post that goes beyond a simple insult or one-sided argument. I won't try to make excuses, I do indeed do some wrong things now and then.