Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things needing a fixing
This thread is for things needing fixing on the TTT server. Note that these changes may or may not be implemented. Changes are up to the admins/Dink/Dakody.
  • Mods should have the power to change people's time
  • Mods should be able to choose the hp bonus on the man of the match page

That is just what I can remember rn. If there is anything you need changed, be sure to post it below.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
Mods had the power to change people's time but a few abused this power so it was stripped away.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(04-21-2018, 03:27 PM)TheDerpGamer Wrote: This thread is for things needing fixing on the TTT server. Note that these changes may or may not be implemented. Changes are up to the admins/Dink/Dakody.

That is just what I can remember rn. If there is anything you need changed, be sure to post it below.
Your topics:
Time ) How would that ever be useful for mods to have besides abusing it? Time is one of the main factors for deciding whether or not people are eligible for certain positions, plus it's a bit of a trophy to see how many hours you've played. That goes out the window if mods have the power to change that. iirc, it can be changed by upper staff if needed currently, so if it's really needed in the event of a glitch or act of god, it can be fixed without having to worry about abuse. It seems unnecessary, and could cause more harm than good.

HP Bonus
) Why? If I recall, that's reserved for donors only. Giving that to mods over regular players is kinda fucked up, as it's really just a bonus for people who pay to keep the server running, not a bonus for being a mod. I feel like that would ruffle a few feathers if that were implemented, as it would basically be favoring mods over regular players, which would be alienate them from the playerbase.

My Suggestions:

The bird bomb) Please remove this, it goes against ttt. The whole point is to find who the traitors are and kill them, and this wep disrupts the flow of the game. It allows T's to get free kills without exposing themselves, puts themselves in almost no danger, and is quite frankly quite frustrating to play against. Even when I shoot down a bird bomb I still feel shitty, because I gain nothing from it other than not dying. No points, no fewer T's, nothing. And I have no idea who the T is from killing it.

The closest comparable thing is RCXD, which loudly gives away the T's position at launch, and is thus balanced because it allows innos to get to the T. Plus it cant instantly cross the map, and takes a bit of practice to get kills with.

All other T weps have some form of A) giving away the T or proving innos, or B) revealing the T, or C) giving you an opportunity to kill the T, all of which progress the round. The bird bomb does none of these, and is honestly not fun to play with. Please remove it.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

(04-22-2018, 09:10 AM)ReThink Wrote: My Suggestions:

The bird bomb) Please remove this, it goes against ttt. The whole point is to find who the traitors are and kill them, and this wep disrupts the flow of the game. It allows T's to get free kills without exposing themselves, puts themselves in almost no danger, and is quite frankly quite frustrating to play against. Even when I shoot down a bird bomb I still feel shitty, because I gain nothing from it other than not dying. No points, no fewer T's, nothing. And I have no idea who the T is from killing it.

The closest comparable thing is RCXD, which loudly gives away the T's position at launch, and is thus balanced because it allows innos to get to the T. Plus it cant instantly cross the map, and takes a bit of practice to get kills with.

All other T weps have some form of A) giving away the T or proving innos, or B) revealing the T, or C) giving you an opportunity to kill the T, all of which progress the round. The bird bomb does none of these, and is honestly not fun to play with. Please remove it.

Agree 100%. Bird bomb just feels like a cheap kill, and unless you use it out in the open or in an extremely obvious spot, odds are the bird bomb will never out a traitor. It's pretty much just a guaranteed, and worse yet a safe, kill. I don't think I've ever even seen or heard a bird bomb coming any of the times it's killed me. If it isn't removed, it at least needs to be more obvious.
(04-22-2018, 09:10 AM)ReThink Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 03:27 PM)TheDerpGamer Wrote: This thread is for things needing fixing on the TTT server. Note that these changes may or may not be implemented. Changes are up to the admins/Dink/Dakody.

HP Bonus
) Why? If I recall, that's reserved for donors only. Giving that to mods over regular players is kinda fucked up, as it's really just a bonus for people who pay to keep the server running, not a bonus for being a mod. I feel like that would ruffle a few feathers if that were implemented, as it would basically be favoring mods over regular players, which would be alienate them from the playerbase.
Okay but pretty much every mod / tmod have donated before or have had the rank of donator, so this makes it unfair for us not to be able to still pick those options.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
HP bonus is really dumb and should just be removed.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
(04-22-2018, 12:58 PM)Foxka Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 09:10 AM)ReThink Wrote:

HP Bonus
Okay but pretty much every mod / tmod have donated before or have had the rank of donator, so this makes it unfair for us not to be able to still pick those options.

Noted, but again, applying that option to the entire mod rank doesn't make sense, as explained in my previous reply.

To your point, wouldn't it make more sense to tie it to both Donor ranks and by steam ID? Or maybe some kind of dual rank for people who are both mods/donors? Or some sort of "supporter" flag? I'm not sure how the code works for that setup so I don't know the right verbiage, but you get my point. There are more elegant solutions than just handing it out across all mods.

I do agree that it's unfair for you all who have donated and  are mods to have that overwritten because you want to help the server. I just don't agree to your quick fix, that's all.
If there's any other options I'm not thinking of please feel free to brainstorm

EDIT: 
Rational responses not allowed, bandwagon thread only.

(04-22-2018, 09:31 PM)Foxka Wrote: We all donate our time to help the server too, so theres another reason everyone donor and up should have it

That's great and all, but at the end of the day your time doesn't pay the server bill ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@"Dinkleberg >:(" 
Would probably agree
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

We all donate our time to help the server too, so theres another reason everyone donor and up should have it
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(04-22-2018, 08:55 PM)ReThink Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 09:31 PM)Foxka Wrote: We all donate our time to help the server too, so theres another reason everyone donor and up should have it

That's great and all, but at the end of the day your time doesn't pay the server bill ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@"Dinkleberg >:(" 
Would probably agree

That's a stupid explanation. If staff didn't exist, there would be no server for Dink to run. Staff members give their time and energy to keeping this server running smoothly and they should get something for their troubles. I'm not sure if extra health should even be something on the server, but regardless, if donors are able to have it, so should all staff members.

Staff members are very important. You, sir, are mistaken if you think otherwise or if you believe the owner thinks otherwise.
Mods are not allowed to have the change time plugin cause you would have to have full access to the plugin. So for now its going to remain in admin and above control