Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Train Trusted players better
Certain trusted players seem slay hungry as if they're dying to prove that they have powers and want to add to the community. For example, MrPorky02, cannot see what is wrong with his slays, he loves em. 

Player A calls out Player B. I kill player B. They are innocent. I proceed to kill Player A as they called out an innocent and did not offer any explanation as to why they called them out. When I ask about why I'm being slain, I receive the response "he had reason to kill, Player B damaged him first." Player A shot at player B first, Player B damaged player A first. I ask how am I supposed to know what happened, I just followed the KOS, and MrPorky02 gives the most hilarious response of "if you don't know who started what then you shouldnt join it." So players shouldn't follow KOS' because they are invalid, as others don't know what started what. 

I think you guys should consider training your trusted players or making sure that they are mentally capable to see situations from more than one angle other than "slay slay slay," meaning they aren't simple-minded. Porky isn't the first trusted I've seen do this, it just annoyed me enough to make a post.

This isn't an abuse post, this is an example situation;
Quality of moderation has severely decreased since August
Staff sucks at communication overall (not everybody, but most)
Learn to view situations from multiple angles:
(12-22-2019, 08:58 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: To follow that up though, the staff member must factor in what was seen, but cannot just say “he had a reason, rdm”. If the third party does not have a kos called, saw the attack start, or other valid kosable reason, then they do not have a reason to kill. Staff should not decided based off of evidence that was not in play.
1. Foxka was proven, 2. Aethor shot him first so he had reason to kill him. 3. Even if Foxka wasnt proven, kosing an inno is only sus due to the fact you dont know who started it, for all you know Aethor could have been rdming people.

Porky consulted Nicol and I on this slay as he was unsure.

As per MOTD: Note: You should not KOS someone acting in self defense (they got attacked first and returned fire)

You did not know who started it, so the only thing that should have happened here was Aethor died due to kos and a sus be put on Foxka (he was proven inno though so)
Staffing TTT is hard, plain and simple. It's not like there's a set in stone procedure you follow like DarkRP or Prophunt, every single situation is different, with what the player intended to do, how it happened, why it happened, etc. I've tried it before, and it was stressful as hell because there was so much to consider on just one report. It amazes me to see TTT moderators who have been here for years throw down on reports like they've done it every day of their life.

Training staff is obviously an important step, but you can't TEACH intuition. You have to develop those neural connections in your brain by actually sitting down and doing it, and the more you hone your skill by doing it, the better you are at it. There's a reason they get put to trusted first: there's less to worry about, and less damage to be done when they inevitably make a mistake.
(12-22-2019, 07:32 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: 1. Foxka was proven, 2. Aethor shot him first so he had reason to kill him. 3. Even if Foxka wasnt proven, kosing an inno is only sus due to the fact you dont know who started it, for all you know Aethor could have been rdming people.

thats an actual dumb rule. Kosing/killing an inno should always be killable
(12-22-2019, 07:43 PM)悲しい子ね Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 07:32 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: 1. Foxka was proven, 2. Aethor shot him first so he had reason to kill him. 3. Even if Foxka wasnt proven, kosing an inno is only sus due to the fact you dont know who started it, for all you know Aethor could have been rdming people.

thats an actual dumb rule. Kosing/killing an inno should always be killable

You just described a scenario where an inno would RDM someone, you would shoot back, and you would take a slay for killing him. Doesn't exactly scream fair..

As per MOTD: Note:  You should not KOS someone acting in self defense (they got attacked first and returned fire)

You did not know who started it, so the only thing that should have happened here was Aethor died due to kos and a sus be put on Foxka (he was proven inno though so)

Damn may have to train the mods better too lol

1. Nobody stated in chat that he was proven. 2. Foxka shot him first "*DEAD* Foxka: i shot and said wait id the body and then aethor shot me" 3. Foxka started it all.

https://pastebin.com/URUwwuYJ

So according to this logic, anyone who calls anyone out that is innocent is only suspicious, they cannot be killed. So if I am a traitor and I call out innocent people one after the other, I cannot be killed or slain as others do not know what transpired. And anyone that kills me is falsely killing me so I can submit a report against them.

As per MOTD: Note:  You should not KOS someone acting in self defense (they got attacked first and returned fire)

"kosing an inno is only sus due to the fact you dont know who started it"

In this situation, yes. 

In general, no.

Calling false KOSes is KOSable in itself.
I agree that most staff either need to be retrained by admins or higher mods, mistakes are happening way to often as of late, earlier today, I had a report that wasn’t finished by staff TWICE, I’m not gonna name anyone but something has to change.

I mentioned this issue here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...er-for-mod
Why don't you do us all a favor and go ahead an make an abuse report if that's what you're going to turn this into. Otherwise, it would be wise of you to know the Trusted and up learn how to staff TTT on a case-by-case situation.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
Porky is new, let him learn for fucks sake.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions