Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Train Trusted players better
(12-22-2019, 07:50 PM)MAKEOUTHILL Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 07:32 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: 1. Foxka was proven, 2. Aethor shot him first so he had reason to kill him. 3. Even if Foxka wasnt proven, kosing an inno is only sus due to the fact you dont know who started it, for all you know Aethor could have been rdming people.

Porky consulted Nicol and I on this slay as he was unsure.

As per MOTD: Note:  You should not KOS someone acting in self defense (they got attacked first and returned fire)

You did not know who started it, so the only thing that should have happened here was Aethor died due to kos and a sus be put on Foxka (he was proven inno though so)

"kosing an inno is only sus due to the fact you dont know who started it"

In this situation, yes. 

In general, no.

Calling false KOSes is KOSable in itself.

Completely situational. It is kosable to call a false kos on a detective or proven. Otherwise, it depends on the situation. If I walk in on two people shooting each other, I do not know who to shoot. RDM throws a wrench in there. It does not logically follow that if an innocent loses the fight that the winner is a traitor, there are too many ways that fails.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(12-22-2019, 08:26 PM)JustKuono Wrote: Why don't you do us all a favor and go ahead an make an abuse report if that's what you're going to turn this into. Otherwise, it would be wise of you to know the Trusted and up learn how to staff TTT on a case-by-case situation.

Didn't mean to turn it into an abuse report, penguinslayer just butted in with completely incorrect facts and I wanted to correct him. I have noticed the overall quality of moderation has been relatively inadequate compared to when the semester started in late August, and that is the main purpose, porky is just an example.
Many people who think the lower staff aren't trained well are mistaking mistakes for incompetence. We have a training committee that does a very good job, and I trained porky myself. People make mistakes. This, however, was not a mistake. I personally gave permission for this slay.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
To follow that up though, the staff member must factor in what was seen, but cannot just say “he had a reason, rdm”. If the third party does not have a kos called, saw the attack start, or other valid kosable reason, then they do not have a reason to kill. Staff should not decided based off of evidence that was not in play.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(12-22-2019, 08:55 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 07:32 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: 1. Foxka was proven, 2. Aethor shot him first so he had reason to kill him. 3. Even if Foxka wasnt proven, kosing an inno is only sus due to the fact you dont know who started it, for all you know Aethor could have been rdming people.

As per MOTD: Note:  You should not KOS someone acting in self defense (they got attacked first and returned fire)

You did not know who started it, so the only thing that should have happened here was Aethor died due to kos and a sus be put on Foxka (he was proven inno though so)

In this situation, yes. 

In general, no.

Completely situational. It is kosable to call a false kos on a detective or proven. Otherwise, it depends on the situation. If I walk in on two people shooting each other, I do not know who to shoot. RDM throws a wrench in there. It does not logically follow that if an innocent loses the fight that the winner is a traitor, there are too many ways that fails.

Calling a KOS on a Detective isn't KOSable here. Otherwise, yeah, situational.
(12-22-2019, 09:05 PM)MAKEOUTHILL Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 08:55 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:

In this situation, yes. 

In general, no.

Calling a KOS on a Detective isn't KOSable here. Otherwise, yeah, situational.

True it’s actually killing the Det in this case, bc everyone kos the detective for memes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few things to put out there: We can only do so much training. Its not like an acadamy where there are years of training. Its a fucking gmod server, we go over the basics and let them ask questions if needed. No one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes. This situation was handled correctly. Most of staff training comes from mistakes and questions answered by upper staff on how to deal with situations. Lastly, as Kuono said, if you have a problem with how a staff member did their job, make an abuse report.
To his credit, he pointed out a situation as an example but his point was in general.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(12-22-2019, 08:42 PM)Foxka Wrote: Porky is new, let him learn for fucks sake.

He's been staff for almost two months not really "new" if you ask me, even if he was new I think ceebeast's point was multiple trusteds new or not don't know what they're doing and need to be trained better. I don't agree with him 100% because the only thing I think staff should improve on is catching cheaters or not ban/try to have them banned because of something suspicious Other than that I think the staff is doing fine. I also think mrporky does fine and also pretty sure he's just using this situation as an example as matt said.
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
(12-22-2019, 07:25 PM).ceebeast Wrote: Certain trusted players seem slay hungry as if they're dying to prove that they have powers and want to add to the community. For example, MrPorky02, cannot see what is wrong with his slays, he loves em. 

Player A calls out Player B. I kill player B. They are innocent. I proceed to kill Player A as they called out an innocent and did not offer any explanation as to why they called them out. When I ask about why I'm being slain, I receive the response "he had reason to kill, Player B damaged him first." Player A shot at player B first, Player B damaged player A first. I ask how am I supposed to know what happened, I just followed the KOS, and MrPorky02 gives the most hilarious response of "if you don't know who started what then you shouldnt join it." So players shouldn't follow KOS' because they are invalid, as others don't know what started what. 

I think you guys should consider training your trusted players or making sure that they are mentally capable to see situations from more than one angle other than "slay slay slay," meaning they aren't simple-minded. Porky isn't the first trusted I've seen do this, it just annoyed me enough to make a post.

Damn may have to train the mods better too lol

before i examine this more closely, are these comments really necessary?, you're bringing up a serious topic right now, but you'll make shitposts/insults to people while speaking? you might need some training while bringing up a discussion if you have an issue with something. 

i have no actual input on this, but generally if someone koses an inno in most situations, its generally a sus. you said they didn't respond, but they might not have heard you or were busy dealing with something else at the time.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020