Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Train Trusted players better
(12-22-2019, 09:23 PM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 07:25 PM).ceebeast Wrote: Certain trusted players seem slay hungry as if they're dying to prove that they have powers and want to add to the community. For example, MrPorky02, cannot see what is wrong with his slays, he loves em. 

Player A calls out Player B. I kill player B. They are innocent. I proceed to kill Player A as they called out an innocent and did not offer any explanation as to why they called them out. When I ask about why I'm being slain, I receive the response "he had reason to kill, Player B damaged him first." Player A shot at player B first, Player B damaged player A first. I ask how am I supposed to know what happened, I just followed the KOS, and MrPorky02 gives the most hilarious response of "if you don't know who started what then you shouldnt join it." So players shouldn't follow KOS' because they are invalid, as others don't know what started what. 

I think you guys should consider training your trusted players or making sure that they are mentally capable to see situations from more than one angle other than "slay slay slay," meaning they aren't simple-minded. Porky isn't the first trusted I've seen do this, it just annoyed me enough to make a post.

Damn may have to train the mods better too lol

before i examine this more closely, are these comments really necessary?, you're bringing up a serious topic right now, but you'll make shitposts/insults to people while speaking? you might need some training while bringing up a discussion if you have an issue with something. 

i have no actual input on this, but generally if someone koses an inno in most situations, its generally a sus. you said they didn't respond, but they might not have heard you or were busy dealing with something else at the time.

You have nothing to add to this conversation, you point out what I said that you don't necessarily agree with. 75% of the staff here lacks communication skills when doing their duty as an enforcer of the rules. Stop stirring the pot and commenting for no reason, regardless of my vocabulary or emphasis of certain things in order to get my point across, everything I mean to convey is in the post. Now let's analyze:

First bold: half serious, half funny. "he loves his slays" lol

Second bold: trusted players/ mods don't see every aspect of a situation; for example in this situation nothing should have happened. Player A shot at Player B, Player B hit Player A first, causing Player A to call out Player B. Player C kills player B according to the callout, then kills player A as there was no explanation and there was a false KOS called. Slays are meant to punish people for breaking the rules. Everyone in this situation acted accordingly and did not break rules. Most staff lack the ability to see situations in an unbiased fashion from every angle. 

Third bold: Previous post said something about mods having to do with the situation and I made a joke

TL;DR Brown, if you want try be relevant and increase your post count on the forums, don't do it on my thread where you have nothing to add.
I agree'd with a lot of what you posted, I even made my own thread about RDM chain's and punishing the person who starts them, not the ones to follow, and this kinda follows the same idea. Some staff aren't taking into factor what player's saw or what was said/done, just going straight to the logs. Some people are too quick to throw slay's on simply because they don't want too investigate or are scared of upsetting the people who make the reports. Age is a factor in all this. Most of the staff are pretty good at doing things, but there are a couple, well. Who aren't good at it.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
I was going to go really into depth about why I think I slightly agree with you @".ceebeast" but I'm like half asleep and afraid that it probably wouldn't make any sense but like, I don't think you should've been slain. However, I do think that is advisable to stay out of those types of situations. The rules are on your side here though.

Let me ask you though, were both Player A and Player B innocent? If so, the only thing you did wrong was killing Player B. If you would've not killed B and let A kill him, then ID his body finding out he was inno, you could've killed Player A all day long, given that he was not, as you said, proven.
(12-22-2019, 09:41 PM).ceebeast Wrote: You have nothing to add to this conversation, you point out what I said that you don't necessarily agree with. 75% of the staff here lacks communication skills when doing their duty as an enforcer of the rules. Stop stirring the pot and commenting for no reason, regardless of my vocabulary or emphasis of certain things in order to get my point across, everything I mean to convey is in the post. Now let's analyze:

Second bold: trusted players/ mods don't see every aspect of a situation; for example in this situation nothing should have happened. Player A shot at Player B, Player B hit Player A first, causing Player A to call out Player B. Player C kills player B according to the callout, then kills player A as there was no explanation and there was a false KOS called. Slays are meant to punish people for breaking the rules. Everyone in this situation acted accordingly and did not break rules. Most staff lack the ability to see situations in an unbiased fashion from every angle. 

Third bold: Previous post said something about mods having to do with the situation and I made a joke

TL;DR Brown, if you want try be relevant and increase your post count on the forums, don't do it on my thread where you have nothing to add.
You know when you type it out, you cant exactly tell sarcasm in writing compared to speaking. Its impossible to see whats on your face when its behind a screen.
Let me also say that this is a public thread, and that all players are allowed to say what they think. i said i had no input because i was not there when the incident happened. nonetheless, neither were some of the other players here that have posted.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(12-22-2019, 09:51 PM)SNAK Wrote: I agree'd with a lot of what you posted, I even made my own thread about RDM chain's and punishing the person who starts them, not the ones to follow, and this kinda follows the same idea. Some staff aren't taking into factor what player's saw or what was said/done, just going straight to the logs. Some people are too quick to throw slay's on simply because they don't want too investigate or are scared of upsetting the people who make the reports. Age is a factor in all this. Most of the staff are pretty good at doing things, but there are a couple, well. Who aren't good at it.
I completely agree. Every situation should be handled on a case-by-case basis, and not with a blanket statement referring strictly to the report menu. Especially when a player is getting slain and offers a valid rebuttal for not getting slain. People are way to quick to throw slay's on and that probably has something to do with, as you mentioned, not wanting to investigate or upset people who make reports, but also with the fatigue of monitoring the server for what can be hours at a time. Age can also play a role, but I have met quite a few people (not really on this server) who are better staff members than the older staff members. I've met 13 year olds who outperform 18+ year olds and even 30+ year olds.

(12-22-2019, 09:51 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote: I was going to go really into depth about why I think I slightly agree with you @".ceebeast" but I'm like half asleep and afraid that it probably wouldn't make any sense but like, I don't think you should've been slain. However, I do think that is advisable to stay out of those types of situations. The rules are on your side here though.

Let me ask you though, were both Player A and Player B innocent? If so, the only thing you did wrong was killing Player B. If you would've not killed B and let A kill him, then ID his body finding out he was inno, you could've killed Player A all day long, given that he was not, as you said, proven.

GO IN DEPTH BABY

(12-22-2019, 10:00 PM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 09:41 PM).ceebeast Wrote: You have nothing to add to this conversation, you point out what I said that you don't necessarily agree with. 75% of the staff here lacks communication skills when doing their duty as an enforcer of the rules. Stop stirring the pot and commenting for no reason, regardless of my vocabulary or emphasis of certain things in order to get my point across, everything I mean to convey is in the post. Now let's analyze:

You know when you type it out, you cant exactly tell sarcasm in writing compared to speaking. Its impossible to see whats on your face when its behind a screen.
Let me also say that this is a public thread, and that all players are allowed to say what they think. i said i had no input because i was not there when the incident happened. nonetheless, neither were some of the other players here that have posted.

Actually this thread is invite only and you got taken off the list after your terrible first reply, and a slightly less terrible second reply. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean that others don't. The TL;DR stands!
There's really no need to be this toxic towards somebody who was trying to give input.
(12-22-2019, 10:02 PM).ceebeast Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 10:00 PM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote:

Actually this thread is invite only and you got taken off the list after your terrible first reply, and a slightly less terrible second reply. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean that others don't. The TL;DR stands!
Your response to this makes you seem as if you are a child. This thread is open to anyone who feels the need to make a comment on the situation.
I'd like to reiterate this one time, please be mindful that this is a public forum where everyone is allowed to participate in. Everyone has their own perspective and perception on how things are being said and handled. 

As mentioned before, let's not stray any further and get into any further hostility / toxicity.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
So, to reiterate, you went out of your way to be twat because "ha lol is funny joke eksdee" while openly stating the Trusteds are utter trash basicly. While I have faith in the Mods ability to train folks it is genuinely in their best interest to ALLOW them to make mistakes. As long as said mistakes are not exceptionally big, I believe they should be able to make them. As that is, if you ask me, the best way to learn.

From the example given I can tell that Mr. Porky went out of his way to ask a Moderator to assist him with assessing this particular situation, wich in and of itself shows that he's either feeling lightly uncomfortable dealing with reports or uncomfortable dealing with reports that are fully situational and require good insight of several events prior to the reason of the report. I am not going to assume anything. I applaud that he understood that he might want a hand and ask for help, definitely a good way to go, as a good way of learning is also the monkey see monkey do approach (Not trying to be a cunt, at the time of writing cant think of a better metaphor).

This leaves out one of the bigger factors. The Human ability to randomly decide to fail at a task. Faults are unpreventable. Mistakes happen, and it is always. ALWAYS in the best interest of parties to make reports of these. Understand that the word abuse is thrown about quite heavily, but a post on that subforum means nothing more then "Hey, I do not agree with the actions taken by X, can this be reviewed please." and I implore anyone, to not stop posting these, with the appropriate amount of evidence for their case so that either it can be proven that the actions taken by X were appropriate, or not. So that if they were indeed inappropriate they can be talked to, or when they were appropriate then can understand and move on.

The one thing that has no reason here, is the flaming of people here. Even if you think its a funny joke, others might not take it like that. Especially if you make a thread on them (Basicly) like this.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(12-22-2019, 11:17 PM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: So, to reiterate, you went out of your way to be twat because "ha lol is funny joke eksdee" while openly stating the Trusteds are utter trash basicly. While I have faith in the Mods ability to train folks it is genuinely in their best interest to ALLOW them to make mistakes. As long as said mistakes are not exceptionally big, I believe they should be able to make them. As that is, if you ask me, the best way to learn.

From the example given I can tell that Mr. Porky went out of his way to ask a Moderator to assist him with assessing this particular situation, wich in and of itself shows that he's either feeling lightly uncomfortable dealing with reports or uncomfortable dealing with reports that are fully situational and require good insight of several events prior to the reason of the report. I am not going to assume anything. I applaud that he understood that he might want a hand and ask for help, definitely a good way to go, as a good way of learning is also the monkey see monkey do approach (Not trying to be a cunt, at the time of writing cant think of a better metaphor).

This leaves out one of the bigger factors. The Human ability to randomly decide to fail at a task. Faults are unpreventable. Mistakes happen, and it is always. ALWAYS in the best interest of parties to make reports of these. Understand that the word abuse is thrown about quite heavily, but a post on that subforum means nothing more then "Hey, I do not agree with the actions taken by X, can this be reviewed please." and I implore anyone, to not stop posting these, with the appropriate amount of evidence for their case so that either it can be proven that the actions taken by X were appropriate, or not. So that if they were indeed inappropriate they can be talked to, or when they were appropriate then can understand and move on.

The one thing that has no reason here, is the flaming of people here. Even if you think its a funny joke, others might not take it like that. Especially if you make a thread on them (Basicly) like this.

He may have been heated when he was posting but his point's and arguments are quite clearly spoken. He never wrote the word abuse anywhere, and if he was to write it in the abuse sub-forum, it most defintely would have came off as one. You start off your paragraph with calling him a twat. Also saying he's calling people utter trash? Now your just making stuff up to further push your toxic reply.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]