Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Travis Trusted Application #2
i know i am not staff or doner but i just want to say this. travis is a good person, he may have his downs but he is able to come back from them stronger then he was. he has helped new people learn new things that they can use in their everyday lives. when you need him and if he is available most likely will come when you need him. all of this might just seem one sided but what i say is what i mean. he would be a amazing staff member if he had the chance to again. and if anything he if he rises he might help the people below him better understand their role. travis is the kind of person you want around to not only be a friend but to help when you need it. i really don't want to say much because i am really not supposed to even be here, but i hope what i said at least says something to all of you about how travis is from another prospective.
[Image: 1109-transparent-animated-gif][Image: tumblr_mcm1ec68fN1qfqgb9o1_1280.gif]
People are allowed to have a life outside the server. I recently returned after taking an extended break and guess what happened? I got back on the server and did my job just as well as I always have. Being gone for awhile made no difference to my staffing ability. I gave the rules a quick once-over to make sure there weren't any rule changes and I was back in full force.

If Travis, or any staff member, has to or feel like taking a break for a little while, that is not a crime. It's understandable and something that shouldn't result in such contempt.
(01-31-2019, 09:57 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: I understand the concerns about how I am and how I've become recently. The concerns about my attitude are well warranted due to how adamant about my opinion I can be. I feel like I'm a reeasonable person and have done my best to open myself up and try to listen to other people's perspectives on issues and will always continue to work on that. As for staffing adding onto stress, staffing doesn't stress me out. It's quite fun for me and is something that I would look forward to because of how I enjoy doing it and keeping the server calm. Becoming staff would not add on extra stress. Knowing when to stop messing around with people is something that I normally pride myself on and that was merely a slip up that I had. I apologize for that and will work on myself for that. What I truly have an issue with is that people think I'm ready to cause drama. The reason I said anything of that nature is beause literally everyone that is friends with me on staff has complained to me about how things are on the server. They've complained about how things have gotten swept under the rug and how things aren't done  the way it should be done. The only things that I meant in that I would go "head to head" with a would-be admin is that I would merely stand my ground on situations and not back down. As for the "following" I'd create, it was more of a culture change that I would try to bring about as I would try and help people understand that it's okay to stand up for themselves and not just let stuff get swept under the rug. I can promise I have no intentions of starting my own server again. It's more stress than it's worth and all I wanted to do was fight for what was right here.  I have my suspicions on what conversation has been brought to light and will send one Moderator the full context of the conversation.  I'm more disappointed that nobody even told me about anything until about 6 hours later after it started to surface. This should've popped up before as most of my talks happened before I even applied for staff. For this reason, I'm rescinding my staff application and am asking it be locked and archived. I don't care about the position anymore. I just want people to realize that I actually do care about this place. It was my home for months. I love the game mode of Prop Hunt and am sorry for causing any issues in my time here. Have a good day.

Travis1421

This is the kind of reply I was hoping to get from you.
I still maintain that you can be aggressive from time to time with staffing, usually its only with me on. We've agreed on why that happens/etc. Things are twisted easily, and it should have been brought up to you rather than on here. My apologies on that, on my end.
You do know the job, you know it well. You do it well. You know the rules, and as I said before I see 0 issue in a break. You've taken them before and come back and acted the same.
I am confident in your ability to staff and keep yourself together on server in situations with trolls.
However. The community is still unsure whether to trust or not.
I do. So +1

also gg on my vote bouncing
Denied, sorry. You can re-apply March 12.