Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod App
Ace does reports, maybe not as much as others but he does handle them from what I’ve seen.
(05-14-2018, 05:34 AM)๖♥Helen♥๖ Wrote: Arguing with staff members on how much they’re wrong and you’re not on your promotion app is a really good way to get denied, there are plenty of times where staff have come on and seen that you haven’t done, or you’ve cherry picked reports to do and left other sitting there, I know that I’ve come on the server and sat in spec for 2 or 3 rounds studying logs from the previous map trying to deduce what happened when it could have easily been done by you, the staff that was on the server at the time. I know we’re not the most active people, I’m in my last semester of high school and I’ve been working like a horse lately, but we’ve been here long enough and we’ve been staff long enough to know redeeming qualities of someone looking for a promotion, you could’ve easily fixed your problems and reapplied later on, simple as that, but now you’ve made this whole situation much more difficult for you and I don’t know if anybody can help you out of it.

Is defending yourself against the rules now?
I have played with ace too many times to count he is a good tmod and would be a good fit for mod. Everytime Ive been on with him hes always doing reports and I do agree they do get extremely boring but that doesnt mean you shouldnt do them. As I am no longer on TTT as much as others Im gonna leave this with a +0 since I havent played with him in quite some time. Also I wouldnt call it arguing with staff since he is fellow staff and he was just telling you his opinion on the subject. Thank you.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I didn't say Ace never did reports. I did say that Ace doesn't do reports when I'm on. If no other staff member is on, I'd expect Ace to do reports. I can see where you think that some lowly Moderators have all the power over someone's application, but that's not the case. All I'm trying to say is that you can't be expected to receive positive feedback if the people who are on with you aren't seeing you do your job. If you're doing your job with no one watching, great. Keep doing that when no one's watching AND when people are watching. Yeah, doing reports can get repetitive. Yeah, I don't do every report because they can get repetitive and boring, but do one. Just do one report every once in a while. I didn't say you were a trash TMod who's not deserving of a promotion. I didn't say you don't contribute anything to server. In fact, if we go back to my original post, I sung your praises. Just do reports every once in a while. Heck, you tagged Gabe and Lycan, and they do reports when you're on. I don't understand why we keep going back and forth. Just do more reports while staff members are on.

Has everyone said everything on their hearts and minds yet? I surely hope so.
Hopefully this is the last point I have to make about this subject. All I'm saying is that the deciding factor of my approval or denial of this application should not mainly be in the hands of staff that are barely on but, more so in the hands of the people who are on more often than not.
[Image: IMG_1792.png?ex=65dbf028&is=65c97b28&hm=...height=620]
(05-14-2018, 12:32 PM)Ace1579 Wrote: Hopefully this is the last point I have to make about this subject. All I'm saying is that the deciding factor of my approval or denial of this application should not mainly be in the hands of staff that are barely on but, more so in the hands of the people who are on more often than not.

I'm with you, I'm totally with you, but you have to play the game. The game is that the Admins (who rarely, you already know how rarely the Admins come on) have the final say. Staff decisions should be made with both staff and community input, as well as how well the member in question performs. We'll have to wait and see what the Admins have to say.
(05-14-2018, 12:32 PM)Ace1579 Wrote: Hopefully this is the last point I have to make about this subject. All I'm saying is that the deciding factor of my approval or denial of this application should not mainly be in the hands of staff that are barely on but, more so in the hands of the people who are on more often than not.

Mods dont decide anything it's all up to the admins. Otherwise this thread wouldn't be a public thing and would be in a private forum that only we could see. Admins take everything into account including what regulars say.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(05-14-2018, 02:08 PM)Foxka Wrote: Mods dont decide anything it's all up to the admins. Otherwise this thread wouldn't be a public thing and would be in a private forum that only we could see. Admins take everything into account including what regulars say.

If the admins don't see u in game who do you think they will go to for a accurate input.....members or mods?
[Image: IMG_1792.png?ex=65dbf028&is=65c97b28&hm=...height=620]
@Ace1579 If you would like for your application approval/denial to be more dependent on the feedback from regulars, then you should solicit more responses from them. While I hate to ask people to do stuff like that, having a bunch of +1's from the people you play with daily can prove very helpful. Unfortunately, you only got Rethink and Maxxie to post in your favor from the regulars pool.

Something I've noticed in these applications is that if the first two replies are negative, all further responses will also be negative or no one else will reply. Most people tend to "follow the leader." My advice for your next application would be to have 4-6 regulars post in your favor very soon after you make the application and get any staff members that like you to post as well.

Sorry that this application didn't go the way you wanted, Ace. I wish you good luck and my advice to you would be to work on getting a few more ban requests in. If you do that, then I will be happy to give you an unambiguous +1 in your next application.
Your application has been Declined. We feel that your community involvement isn’t enough as in the forums and discord. Especially ban request, those are important factor I personally look at. With the mixed reviews on your app we feel you need a bit more time and can improve a bit before stepping into the role of moderator.