Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ULX Console Commands, ULX Targeting and Keybinding Explained
Hello.
I notice that binding and console commands helps me exponentially when staffing on the ph server, and just in general.
So this is a guide explaining binding processes and how you can use the console in collaboration with ULX admin mod.

First, lets talk about the say command. Say is a console command that prints a message in chat. Visualize the command like this: say is the command, and the text afterwards is what is printed. So, if you typed say hello there in console, it would print hello there to chat, because the command looks for all arguments that is typed after say to print. say [Typed area detected by command]. Simple right?? Well, there is more. BINDING it is a whole different story.

Binding is very simple in practice, but hard to understand, which is the purpose of this guide. Lets take xgui for example. xgui is a console command that opens the ulx menu when executed. Its one command, so it does not require quotes.
Code:
bind <key> xgui

However, a command like say with multiple words/arguments in it, needs quotations, so you would bind it like this.
Code:
bind <key> "say Hello!"

This binding principle applies to all multi word commands. If you were to bind unmute all, it would look like this.
Code:
bind <key> "ulx unmute *"

Now, you should know the principles of multi word command binding, so lets move on to multi command execution/binding.

So, I personally love this shit right here. Since I dont have multiban and there is no multikick command, using the console can create the same effect even if you do not have the permissions. For the console, semicolon is the universal symbol to represent new command. Here is an example of kicking 3 afk's with one console command.
Code:
ulx kick <player> AFK; ulx kick <player> AFK; ulx kick <player> AFK

Remember that in the console, the semicolon is not recognized as a letter. It is the universal symbol for new command. Notice that semicolon is directly next to AFK in the kick command, but it is never printed as the reason for kick, it is just there to say that after this symbol is a new command. Here is an example for an unmute/ungag all command.
Code:
say You have been unmuted; ulx unmute *; ulx ungag *

Binding it works on basically the same principle, just with quotes.
Code:
bind <key> "say You have been unmuted; ulx unmute *; ulx ungag *"

Binding multiple commands has to be in all quotes because there are spaces in between semicolons, meaning it is multi argument. This can effect some things, but it is too rare of an occurrence to bother describing. Now, I am going to be moving to the final portion of this guide, ULX targeting.
So, there are multiple ways to target in ULX, other than typing names. Lets start simple. If you type !unmute bob,bill (Works in console too, use commas though.) it will target both of them. Some commands are exempt from multitargeting, so use the console method instead. There are multiple symbols however, that represent targeting variables. The ^ symbol defaults to target self, the * symbol defaults to target all, the #<groupname> defaults to target group name, the %<groupname> defaults to target group inheritance*, the $<steamid> defaults to target by steamid, and finally, ! is special. If put infront of a targeting SYMBOL, not name, then it will inverse the targeting selection. So, if you did !unmute ^ it would unmute self, but if you did !unmute !^ it would unmute everyone EXCEPT self. If you did !unmute #donor it would unmute everyone online in the donor group, but if you did !unmute !#donor, it would unmute everyone except  for  people in the group donor. Since you cant do this with actual NAMES, you can do it by steamid if you need to (!$STEAMID to unmute all but that steamid.).

*Inheritance and can_target(ADVANCED)
Inheritance is a feature in ULX groups. I will try to make it simple. We'll start with regular and trusted.
So, you have your member groups permissions set in the groups tab with psay, asay, thetime and friends. Now, if you set the group trusted to inherit from member, instead of you having to completely set permissions again, the permissions psay, asay, thetime and friends are already granted because it inherited from the group. Heres another example, trusted has the permissions tp, kick, stopsounds, mute and gag. Since tmod inherits from trusted, it already has all the permissions of trusted, but you can still add the additional permissions such as slap, slay, bring, csay, vote and changemap.
Group can target is also a setting when configuring a group. Its a blank line that you can set with a target. This is a target condition that sets what group can use commands on what group. The group superadmin, or owner, cannot be targeted. Normally can target is set to *, but every group exept for superadmin is set to !%superadmin, meaning that nobody can target the group superadmin. Superadmin can target is set to *.

Hope this guide helps and hope its not too technical, but this does contain good info.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Thx this is pretty kool.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
Code:
Bind "mouse1" "say !kick *"
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
(02-21-2017, 02:17 PM)reed1103 Wrote:
Code:

You cant select more than one target with kick or ban without using multiple commands.
Code:
bind mwheelup "impulse 100"; bind mwheeldown "impulse 100"
Flash spammer, annoying af.
#Griefed
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
(02-21-2017, 02:20 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
Code:

You cant select more than one target with kick or ban without using multiple commands.
Code:
#Griefed

O
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
(02-21-2017, 02:22 PM)reed1103 Wrote:
Code:

Code:
#Griefed

O
When reed finds out more annoying shit to do on TTT
[Image: tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
(02-21-2017, 04:27 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
Code:

Code:
#Griefed

O

i didnt know your school laptop had gifs
:P
(02-21-2017, 04:29 PM)⌠ƒ€ѦГ⌡kramberry Wrote:
(02-21-2017, 04:27 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
Code:

Code:
#Griefed

O

i didnt know your school laptop had gifs

No fucking joke, I put this here when I got home because all the gif websites are blocked.
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
Something very informative and useful for staff and users?
Babump.
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR