Unban or reduced ban?
Narancia Ghirga
Pretty sure this is my steam ID: STEAM_0:1:116036594
Scoovie banned me
Reason: "Spoopy ghosting"
Length: Not listed

I'd like to be unbanned because while I did ghost, the player I ghosted was already dead at the time of my ghosting. I was angry because I got rdmed by my T buddy so I ghosted them and I understand that ghosting is wrong and I should have just gotten them slain for that. This is my second offense, my only other one was when I left the server before I was slain but I had no clue that leaving the server with a slay was bannable because I was new (Edit: can't find a link to that instance because It was so long ago and I had a different username at the time).
I don't have a history of ghosting and I promise I won't do it again. Please at least consider this, thanks. At the very least I'd like a shortened sentence because this seems a bit harsh for what's basically a first time offense.
[Image: fa5.gif]
The punishment for ghosting is a permaban no matter the circumstances or how many offences
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-03-2017, 11:05 AM)๖♥Helen♥๖ Wrote: The punishment for ghosting is a permaban no matter the circumstances or how many offences

Does it still count as ghosting if the person you "ghosted" is dead? It's basically just informing a living person the role of a dead person, it isn't ghosting because they were able to retrieve that information by pressing tab and reading who was a traitor.
On this server, ghosting constitutes as this: "Ghosting includes sharing information with someone who would not otherwise know it, including staff." They would have known otherwise because they could have read the upper right hand corner of the screen where it says "x is a traitor" or something to that effect.
Therefore, it was not ghosting as the person I messaged would of already known that information.
If the person was already dead then you shouldn't have been banned.... @Scoovie
(10-03-2017, 11:22 AM)Foxka Wrote: If the person was already dead then you shouldn't have been banned.... @Scoovie

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you check the logs you'll see that they died before I "ghosted". I would check myself but, you know, I'm banned.
(10-03-2017, 11:26 AM)Narancia Ghirga Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 11:22 AM)Foxka Wrote: If the person was already dead then you shouldn't have been banned.... @Scoovie

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you check the logs you'll see that they died before I "ghosted". I would check myself but, you know, I'm banned.

Yes but were they identified or mia
(10-03-2017, 12:44 PM)Foxka Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 11:26 AM)Narancia Ghirga Wrote:

Yes but were they identified or mia

I'm relatively certain that they were identified although I'm not 100% sure. Is there a way to check that?
If the person was already dead and id'd then why send a msg like this.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...0CA5DE5D4/

If they were dead and id'd before you sent that msg then there would have been no need to send it, not to mention the intention was malicious.
(10-03-2017, 01:33 PM)Scoovie Wrote: If the person was already dead and id'd then why send a msg like this.
c

If they were dead and id'd before you sent that msg then there would have been no need to send it, not to mention the intention was malicious.

Yeah, the intention was certainly malicious. If you look after that I said something like "wait nvm they're dead". I wouldn't call it ghosting, I'd call it attempted ghosting. I'll accept a temp ban for that but I don't think a perma ban is fair.
At the time I said that, I believed that malumoroni was alive but after consideration I realized that he probably died after he rdmed me because he rdmed me in proximity to other people. Malumoroni then left the server shortly after he responded to my report on him after he rdmed me (http://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/show...p?tid=2918) if I remember correctly. Therefore if he left there would have been blatant proof of him being a traitor regardless of my "ghosting".
you tried to ghost, you did with full intent. Ban is gonna stand
[Image: cFcBPPs.jpg]