Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unjustified Slain
I’m on my phone right now, so forgive me for any grammatical errors.

Even if Mr. Mackey was not proven, the KOS on him was called off. Not by him, but by people in the surrounding area. Conspiracy acknowledges that the KOS was called off. If we take out the body bomb factor of this report, then yes, what Mr. Mackey did was traitorous and he could be killed for it. But with the body bomb, Mr. Mackey saying that a body has a body bomb on it, and the fact that a KOS was called off, yet Conspiracy stilled killed Mr. Mackey is ultimately why I added a slay to Conspiracy.

I think Milk Man’s hypothetical scenario is a better one than mine. If an Innocent RDMs another Innocent and the second Innocent kills the first, you’re left with the same two options as Conspiracy was: kill and be slain or let the second Inno walk away because you have no concrete evidence saying that the second is a Traitor. Conspiracy couldn’t prove or deny that the body had a body bomb on it, and because of that had to either take Mr. Mackey’s word or kill him and be proven wrong. He chose the latter, and because of that he was slain.
(01-11-2018, 12:03 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: *snip*

I think Milk Man’s hypothetical scenario is a better one than mine. If an Innocent RDMs another Innocent and the second Innocent kills the first, you’re left with the same two options as Conspiracy was: kill and be slain or let the second Inno walk away because you have no concrete evidence saying that the second is a Traitor. Conspiracy couldn’t prove or deny that the body had a body bomb on it, and because of that had to either take Mr. Mackey’s word or kill him and be proven wrong. He chose the latter, and because of that he was slain.

Except killing an inno is a reason for KOS, so the person who followed this rule would not be able to be kos'd for following a kos. You could Sus them, sure, but killing an RDMer (RDMing detectives for an example) isn't kosable.

The correct action to be had here is let bygones be bygones because the whole situation is difficult to please any party. I would have handled it the same way in killing Mackey, and i don't think you should be slain because he was, to an inno, carrying an unidentified body which is a traitorous act.

To put it simply, Conspiracy should not have been slain in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(01-11-2018, 02:32 PM)Foxka Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 12:03 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: *snip*

Except killing an inno is a reason for KOS, so the person who followed this rule would not be able to be kos'd for following a kos. You could Sus them, sure, but killing an RDMer (RDMing detectives for an example) isn't kosable.

The correct action to be had here is let bygones be bygones because the whole situation is difficult to please any party. I would have handled it the same way in killing Mackey, and i don't think you should be slain because he was, to an inno, carrying an unidentified body which is a traitorous act.

To put it simply, Conspiracy should not have been slain in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents
I don't know what you're saying in the first sentence. Killing an RDMing Detective is not a reason to be killed. But if someone kills you for killing the Detective, that's RDM. Killing someone for holding an unIded body is fine. Killing someone after being told that the body has a body bomb on it, and after a KOS on that person has been taken off is RDM and he was slain for it. 

To put it simply, given all of the information that he had, Conspiracy should have been slain, in my opinion.
i would have also issued a slay in this situation
[Image: cFcBPPs.jpg]
Personally, I really don't approve of making abuse threads for unjust slays unless a staff member is intentionally targeting you or something like that. This is simply not the case. This is just a difference of opinion. No real reason to make such a thread. This is something that you could have addressed with EpicGuy on your own, with one individual upper staff member, or just lived with.

On to my opinion of the slay. A body bomb is audible when placed. Mack must of heard one placed and had reason to be suspicious of unIDed bodies. It seems that he was able to narrow it down to a specific unided body as well. Good for him. Apparently, he was even able to explain to you that the body was rigged before you murdered him. You should have been listening for body bombs as well. Why would a traitor throw an unided body off in front of you, explaining their reasoning without shooting you? In addition to his reasoning, this should have been a red flag. Most traitors try not to do traitorous things out in the open. Instead you decided to blast him to kingdom come. There was no longer a KOS on him apparently so you decided to act on your own fruition. Unfortunately, your own reasons do not suffice as a valid reason.

If I was in the same position as Epic, I would ask for a second opinion from another staff member because, no doubt, one or both of you were whining your heads off in admin chat. When players get especially whiny and the case isn't a quickie, then I try to ask for assistance if possible. However, my opinion would be a slay for Conspiracy.

Sorry about all these nonsense reports on you Epic.