Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test or KOS?
Every community is different, and yes while a following rule may have worked for one community, I've seen it abused by trolls and regulars on other servers (even to a point where one of those servers removed the rule). It's a hassle for players (bc with how the rules are here I see rdming going to happen more) and it's a hassle for staff to always be able to prove someone followed following guidelines for kos. With that being said I don't think a following rule should be added. As for test or kos, I can see it being test or sus with kos in overtime being an alternative to this rule.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(12-15-2019, 10:13 PM)Avi Wrote: Every community is different, and yes while a following rule may have worked for one community, I've seen it abused by trolls and regulars on other servers (even to a point where one of those servers removed the rule). It's a hassle for players (bc with how the rules are here I see rdming going to happen more) and it's a hassle for staff to always be able to prove someone followed following guidelines for kos.  With that being said I don't think a following rule should be added. As for test or kos, I can see it being test or sus with kos in overtime being an alternative to this rule.

This. Stop following or KOS is dumb, as Epicguy said, if I need ammo, I now can't go down this hallway because I'm "following" someone.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
I think you should only be able to test or KOS in OT, or something equivalent to that such as test or sus. Instead of the D blowing a buy on a tester at the very start of the round and maybe proving 3 people or finding a T, he can test or KOS in OT where there's like 4 people left and the T isn't doing anything. It would make the tester generally a lot more useful as a tool for breaking stalemates instead of half assed speeding the game along by cucking a T out of his round, or completely wasting it by proving 3 people inno that are probably just going to get knifed anyway.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
To me the traitors are already heavily favored in the rules department with there only being like 3 (seeing them shoot at/kill people, walking past an unid body, DNA) total reasons to kill T's without Test or KOS outside of OT. While I have been inactive for a while I rarely ever witnessed this ruining someone's T round at the very start. It is not a common occurrence for 1) A player to buy the tester immediately at the start of the round, and 2) Drop it fast enough to where a T who was next to them did not have time to run away or kill them. Test or KOS actually forces T's, especially those who aren't willing to take any risks (i.e waiting until every single person isn't around them to take 1 single shot then run) to pay attention to their surroundings and be on their toes. The Test or KOS rule is the only sure defense a detective could possibly have against an approaching T who wants to kill them, and that is only if 1) They have the tester near them and innocents haven't used it already to prove themselves, or 2) They have saved the tester for a situation where they are suspicious of someone following them and want to be 100% sure on their judgment. Overall, the case of it being used on a T at the very start of the round is extremely rare, and the benefits and potential for counterplay the rule offers otherwise outweigh the very small downside of it possibly occuring at the start of the round to a T.
[Image: ehzhie1yovv21.jpg]