Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Voice Chat Battery
Im on the fence for this. While it would make it easier in some instances, I feel that it could also be a pain for people who just use their mics a lot but don't necessarily excessively talk if that makes any sense. If there was a way to toggle it on and off or affect one player with it, it could still go both ways because it would have a lot of staff disgression as when to use it.
maybe if there was a way to make it sorta like the gag/mute function where it limits their voice instead of completely blocking it ( maybe starting with an empty battery if possible to knock the point home) as a sorta "calm down" message
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
Hear me out

If the staff actually did their jobs, this wouldn't be such a huge problem. There's only a metric fuckton of micspam because it's being allowed to get to that level. 

Man, if only you guys didn't drive away/ban all the good staff

[Image: 227da009804b741ea0a2a4b7b3119979_preview_featured.jpg]
I know voice battery can be dumb sometimes and punish people that are just trying talk normally
There are plugins that can enable / disable voice batteries that we could give to Mods to deal with this. While I do agree and want this, I can understand those who are against it. Could eventually be lowered to Trial Mods once its a comfortable time to do so, but I think a test period would be cool to see how effective it works. The battery time itself could also be tweaked if necessary, I don't really think it'd be a bad idea.

Just a thought to consider.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(12-01-2019, 11:13 PM)Christian Wrote: There are plugins that can enable / disable voice batteries that we could give to Mods to deal with this. While I do agree and want this, I can understand those who are against it. Could eventually be lowered to Trial Mods once its a comfortable time to do so, but I think a test period would be cool to see how effective it works. The battery time itself could also be tweaked if necessary, I don't really think it'd be a bad idea.

Just a thought to consider.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=812003816

Something like this, where it could be set to only activate when there are a set amount of players could possibly work.

(12-01-2019, 09:19 PM)ice water turned atlantic Wrote: Man, if only you guys didn't drive away/ban all the good staff

owie :(
[Image: b_560x95.png]
as someone who likes chaos and toxicity, from time to time (always), no thanks.

scenarios:
Cannot talk out of a SUS (scenario(s) too long, or were talking before)
Cannot talk out of a KOS or call multiple KOS (scenario(s) too long, or were talking before)
Can't lie out of KOS/SUS as a tratior (almost a guarantee death for you)
Traitors talk a lot with other traitors for coordination (better to go solo)
Detectives talk a lot with others to solve problems (detective goes solo)
Orrrr… you guys focus on actually staffing when this amount of redicilous micspam is going on. Y'know, as you're supposed to? I don't see the use of this other then to literally kill overall communication necessary for a gamemode like this, people talk, its not a bad thing. People who spam, are a bad thing. Lets not go out of our ways to punish everyone, for what a smaller group does.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
OMFg best suggestion ever +1
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]
I've been on a server that rarely got mic spam (mostly from randos looking to troll that scream hard-er in the mic) and even their staff had a ulx command that if i remember correctly is similar to a battery. I like Christians middle ground suggestion even if its just for a trial.
[Image: J6yUs0g]