Poll: What kind of server are you wanting / player are you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bhop server / player
80.00%
8 80.00%
Normal Server / player
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What DR player are you? (aka what kind of DR server do you want classic or BHOP)
Didn't know where to put this so I put this here in the DR section, as it's related to DR, but it's more of a question than anything.

So if you aren't aware me and dink (when he's not busy with other things) are working on the DR server. However we don't know how to go about things as far the player appeal.
For DR there are two types of players; the Bhop players, and the Normal players.

Bhop Players: these players are the players that are jumpy, they bhop through the map, finishing a lot quicker than normal players. Jump is usually higher (which is why the jump pack was added to help with the gravity). On our server their speed is capped to 500, but if it's going to appeal to them the speed has to increase. So deaths will have to learn how to time traps to be able to kill the bhoppers.

Normal Players: These players are as on the tin, they play DR normally, where they go to one trap and basically try to juke the death out. For us to appeal to them. It's actually quite simple remove Auto hop, aka remove the ability to hold space to keep jumping, majority of the DR bhoppers cannot bhop without it (tho it is possible to do so, but it is much more difficult to do so). However I have yet to play on a populated server that is a normal DR server and not a Bhop.

Imo Bhop server would be better for long term, as eventually the courses people tend to really not care about, it's the Finish times that really get people playing, we least for the servers that I've played, but me and Dink would like to hear from you guys. What kind of server would you like us to aim toward. It is IMPOSSIBLE to aim for both. Normal players see bhoppers they tend to leave, or if a bhopper cannot bhop they leave.

Please respond to this seriously as we're trying to fix the server **cough cough** @Dildo Shwaggins **cough cough**
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
Bhop never played a populated normal dr
[Image: J6yUs0g]
>DR player

wat
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Coming from a Normal players perspective. 

When the little group I used to play DR with, it was more like you described. It was more about tripping up the Death bringer, than it was about the time to complete the course. So for us, it was more about the fun of the game type than about winning the fastest time. Yes, we hoped to get to the final arena and go head to head with the death bringer but it was also fun just to have a good group to joke and play with. 
Ultimately for us, it was more like a content creator. We had fun dialogue while trying to trip up the death bringer, and would have fun dying (odd as it may sound).

What bothered us though was having Bhoppers jump in and spoil the fun. They were more about completing the course as fast as possible, and on many occasions it was difficult for the death bringer to even get to some of the traps to try and kill the person. 

Before you ask, no I don't Bhop nor have I taken the time to try to Bhop. It has no appeal to me.
 I also don't have a desire to have the fastest time on DR, because I enjoy the conversations that go on while trying to avoid death more than being super fast.

I of course haven't played DR in quite some time, as for my opinion form playing. I preferred the normal standard because I felt it took a bit more skill and craftiness to make it through the course. Don't get me wrong, bhopping is it's own skill (unless you use a program).
(03-14-2020, 04:09 PM)The Triangle Wrote:
Coming from a Normal players perspective. 

When the little group I used to play DR with, it was more like you described. It was more about tripping up the Death bringer, than it was about the time to complete the course. So for us, it was more about the fun of the game type than about winning the fastest time. Yes, we hoped to get to the final arena and go head to head with the death bringer but it was also fun just to have a good group to joke and play with. 
Ultimately for us, it was more like a content creator. We had fun dialogue while trying to trip up the death bringer, and would have fun dying (odd as it may sound).

What bothered us though was having Bhoppers jump in and spoil the fun. They were more about completing the course as fast as possible, and on many occasions it was difficult for the death bringer to even get to some of the traps to try and kill the person. 

Before you ask, no I don't Bhop nor have I taken the time to try to Bhop. It has no appeal to me.
 I also don't have a desire to have the fastest time on DR, because I enjoy the conversations that go on while trying to avoid death more than being super fast.

I of course haven't played DR in quite some time, as for my opinion form playing. I preferred the normal standard because I felt it took a bit more skill and craftiness to make it through the course. Don't get me wrong, bhopping is it's own skill (unless you use a program).
Oh god, please go back to center alignment
Woah, Alora is alive.

I'm one of the older Deathrun players, back then there was no such thing as Autohop servers. However now adays you see them EVERYWHERE.

If you want our servers to be Unique, I would consider keeping autohop off. However, if we're trying to build on Deathrun to get it popular again, we might want it on.

As that would probably be the preference for most Deathrun players now adays.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Autohop is generally liked cuz its ez to zoom and for players to learn the basics w/o needing to time hops i would also like to point out just cuz u bhop doesn't make u good when i played cg(you could move like 2 or 3x faster on that server than here too) deaths could generally get the bhoppers(bar like 3 people) pretty easily again timing is required and its gmod everyone is competitive in the game for some dumb ass reason. I've had fun on this server and cg with other bhoppers(Derp<3) cuz they have personality to enjoy. The problem is no one fucking talks on the server unless they have a friend on which is what kills it imo cuz no one wants to play in silence. Reg players will play without bhopping either by choice or by not knowing how and bhoppers will either play(if they know how to without autohop) or find a server with it on so they can zoom. Sadly autohop is only part of the problem the other being server interaction with how much neglect and poor interaction with new players I'm not surprised that people don't stay.
honestly keeping it on might be the better options cuz dummies don't want to bother learning how to time or getting a unlocked scroll wheel
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Bhoppers 101
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
Giving this the good ol bump also changed the title to help clarify just in case.
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
bhop and make a bhop server