Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ttt_dinkleberg_2018
Hey fellas, its YA BOI SPICY back after a half-year hiatus
you may remember me from popular works as "The Map That Was Fucked Up and is Fixed Now " series of maps, such as ttt_kakariko_d, ttt_fastfood_d, ttt_existential_d, ttt_hotline_miami_dv1, etc

I come to you with another revision, but this time not necessarily focused around just fixes, hence the missing "_d" suffix (though fixes are still present).

It's not done yet, but the basic idea is to take this admittedly poor quality map and try to bring it up to date.

Current modifications (subject to change):
+fixed sky lighting/lighting in general
+fixed hdr
+fixed/improved T tester
+fixed THICC buildings
+improved road
+gave a use to that weird box room by the T tester
+added watchtower to that corner of the map everyone snipes at
+added 3d skybox
+added lockable door to wooden room above cellar
+added crush trap to wooden room above cellar
+added dancing solid snake (important)
+linked cellar to watchtower with a fancy underground tunnel, one way door links the two
+actually compiled the map how you're supposed to (full compile), so that visibility is calculated (no more shitty fps)

Planned features include improved visuals, improved buildings, non-default sky textures, and maybe some easter eggs or something idk
[Image: wXT38jo.gif]
But it's so bad it's fun.
I would assume the only reason we keep playing that abomination of a map is because of Dinkleberg being in the title of the map, and the creator used to frequent the server. The map is terrible. Actually horrific. It's only fun to play, like Nicky said, because it's awful. Even with your changes, the map still makes me want to hurl my keyboard through an open car window. The only way to fix that map is to remove it from the list of available maps to vote on. If anything, don't make any changes because this map deserves to stay the same.

You said you fixed Kakariko and Hotline Miami? Not to knock your work, because you didn't create those maps, but they're bad and need to be removed because they're bad. Those maps have no redeeming qualities about them and deserve to be wiped from the server.

That probably won't happen, so I'll say "good work." Good work.
I love it. But I hate it. The original was made to be shit, low effort, and silly. While the map is horrific, that is the challenge. It is fun because its just so bad. Its similar to the movie The Room, a movie so terrible, its great. Im happy with how it is now, good work though.
Personally I just don't see the point of fixing such a map. As everyone has and will say, the map is bad. Really bad. So to me this just kinda seems like you're spending all this time and effort to polish a turd. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate what you're doing/trying to do, but honestly I'd rather an entirely new (and hopefully better) map be made instead with the same theme but better quality to replace it instead of it getting tweaked here and there to be less bad. You know, get a map that actually looks like it's a scene from FOP. Although I will say improving fps is probably an improvement that no one can say no to, so that's one fix that I'll say is genuinely appreciated should your version ever be used.
oof
==================== L i l y =====================
[Image: tumblr_ne6mgl5MRJ1s3ci0uo1_500.gif]
"Nah, google it up, shitlord."
The world is but a treat, when you're on easy street
========================================================
PLEASE GOD NO
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8146001]
I HAVE ALL THE MILK  I RAN OUT OF MILK  OKAY I LOST THE MILK!!!
[Image: s2GUXt8.gif]
[Image: image.php]
Thanks for all your responses, but unfortunately my design mentality doesn't take "so bad, it's good" for an answer.
I understand that some people seem to think that a map is literally unredeemable, and thats very well possible in this case, but at least there's nowhere to go but up in regards to map quality.

TTT isn't a serious game, it never was, and due to the fact you can't get a steady fps on a map that's literally a flat surface it never will be.
It's competitive, but it's sillyness is what make's it truly shine. A bad map is a bad map, but that doesn't make it an unfun map.

Don't think of my revision as making a "bad map good", think of it as making a bad map more fun.

(and for the record, just repeating that it's a bad map isn't very helpful ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
[Image: wXT38jo.gif]