Woah -Mini's unban
+1 for reduction of main, ban of all alts, and final chance with IP ban if on alt again. He's done a good job at staff and plays fair a lot too, but he did screw up as light's end badly. He's normally not malicious though so I think a chance to return after a bit would be fine
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(06-22-2018, 01:21 PM)Everyjuan Wrote: I posted the evidence in staff chat on discord before banning but..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/242w4okvu97zsu....webm?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfhb4jrtv4plyr....webm?dl=0

That's more than surfing. and you've been warned about this multiple times.   After I banned Light's End, you joined under your main. So, ban evasion too.

This isn't more than surfing, and there are plenty of other maps that have surfable surfaces that are used to gain an advantage. The problem is not with minime its with the jetpack addon, Minime is not the first person to use it like this and he won't be the last as long it stays the same. An example of an "exploit" that everyone seems fine with is on ttt_fastfood ontop of the library its only accessible through surfing yet I've seen plenty staff as well as regulars doing it with both scoovie or kody on with little to no commenting or punishment. The ban evasion though I can understand wanting to keep the perma solely on this, but I believe that this wouldn't serve the community as whole or stand any sort of learning experience for minime. For an infraction this small mixed with his long history with this server, taking into consideration the ban evasion I'd say a month ban is more than enough. Also an easy fix for that specific map "exploit" is to make it possible to stand ontop of the houses making surfing back to and fro impossible as well as giving new spots for people to shoot from.
(06-22-2018, 08:31 PM)calmdownlove. Wrote:
(06-22-2018, 01:21 PM)Everyjuan Wrote: I posted the evidence in staff chat on discord before banning but..

That's more than surfing. and you've been warned about this multiple times.   After I banned Light's End, you joined under your main. So, ban evasion too.

This isn't more than surfing, and there are plenty of other maps that have surfable surfaces that are used to gain an advantage. The problem is not with minime its with the jetpack addon, Minime is not the first person to use it like this and he won't be the last as long it stays the same. An example of an "exploit" that everyone seems fine with is on ttt_fastfood ontop of the library its only accessible through surfing yet I've seen plenty staff as well as regulars doing it with both scoovie or kody on with little to no commenting or punishment. The ban evasion though I can understand wanting to keep the perma solely on this, but I believe that this wouldn't serve the community as whole or stand any sort of learning experience for minime. For an infraction this small mixed with his long history with this server, taking into consideration the ban evasion I'd say a month ban is more than enough. Also an easy fix for that specific map "exploit" is to make it possible to stand ontop of the houses making surfing back to and fro impossible as well as giving new spots for people to shoot from.

On fast food you get on top of the library by jumping on a chair and then onto the roof. no one ever surfs to get up to it. In fact, you're supposed to be able to get on top of it because theres a hidden key to a 'secret' room. That, and you can just use the grapple hook to get on top. I don't know what you're on about sir.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(06-22-2018, 08:34 PM)Foxka Wrote:

On fast food you get on top of the library by jumping on a chair and then onto the roof. no one ever surfs to get up to it. In fact, you're supposed to be able to get on top of it because theres a hidden key to a 'secret' room. That, and you can just use the grapple hook to get on top. I don't know what you're on about sir.

But everyone does surf on that map and does use it to get ontop of the library.

People surf to get on top of the library all the time.

I have legitimately never seen anyone get ontop of there with a chair only with a grapple or by surfing.
Minime being told to stop using alts is one thing.
But bhopping and surfing are pretty common mechanics in gmod which aren't explicitly against the rules, so I don't get a ban for that.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
If surfing is this much of an issue, this is why jump packs should be removed. Grapple hooks are extremely exploitable do to the fact how much you can float with the jumppack. If what is said about him evading his true, he should probably have the same punishment as Hillrop. As for the bhop scripting, you can get a good idea if someone is scripting based off of perfect hops a player can achieve in the cac menu. You can basically do the same with detecting autoclickers, either way this ban is fairly odd.

I think there needs to be a clarification about bhoping and surfing and floating in the air and shit. This isn't the first time I've seen bans like this, most of the floating bans are unintentional and I think we kinda just jump to banning players. I'm not blaming Juan here, but I think there should of been a bit more of a discussion before jumping the gun here. Hopefully upper staff can look at this and come down to a fair conclusion. The only determining factor (imo) will probably come down to the intent of evading the ban.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Jump packs aren't the problem.

The only map I've seen normal people surfing on is fastfood. ONLY MAP. This shouldn't be a line of defense. 

On the other hand, MiniMe flies across the map on every map. Frankly, I don't understand bhops or how that is even possible without some kind of cheats. The only person I've ever seen do this on our server is Mini or one of his alts.

Ban evading isn't ideal. Continuing to use alts when asked not to isn't ideal either. If I remember correctly, I believe a stipulation for Mini being staff was no alts. He used alts then too.

I like Mini. I've played with him for a long time. I don't want him to be perma banned.

However, this flying across the map bullshit needs to end. The alts need to stop forever too. This use of whatever the hell bhops is needs to be banned. Feels kinda stupid that we need to make an entire rule for just one player, but if that's the case, then that's the case.

TL;DR - No more alts for Mini. No more bhopping for Mini. Bhop becomes illegal. Mini doesn't remain permabanned.
bhopping being illegal is pretty dumb, it is a instinct for everyone to jump around like a bunch of crack kids. Bhopping comes down to timing and skill, and a little bit of ping and fps matching. Now minime being skilled with these movement techniques are annoying, but that is how skill works, if you are better at something then someone else, then not much that can be done. Only thing that can be done, is to add an artificial delay for jumps, were you have to wait a bit when you jump. It isn't like mini got to a one way spot were only he can see people behind a nodraw texture. It didn't look like he was doing that in the videos. All i saw was bonafied surf skills with jumpack assistance. Nothing really to get banned for. He really isn't gaining much of a gameplay advantage being up there either, he is very exposed and doesn't have much room to escape. And as said, this wouldn't be a perma anyway from what i can tell.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^