Woah -Mini's unban
(06-22-2018, 04:32 PM)MiniMe2001 Wrote: I still do not understand the reason for my first ban. Surfing has happened loads of times and happens on the default map as well and I’ve never received a warning to stop surfing. At most the worst thing I did was get ontop of the map ledge where I could stand on it which according to motd is 1 week ban at most. I also do understand the ip ban for ban evading even though the first ban was bs.

I don't understand why you would appeal a ban that was invalid and should've been a 1 week ban when you already have a permanent ban for something else. Just seems like a huge waste of time to me.
Okay guys there's an easy way to solve this whole ordeal: ban jumping.
@"Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca" Not understanding how something works hardly seems like reason to ban it. bhopping exists in all source games and tons of people do it. I don't think I've ever played on a gmod server for more than a week without seeing people bhopping. The only difference is minime is really good at it, but a ton of people do it. It's hardly an exploit, because it still exists in modern versions of source even though valve have had ample opportunity to remove it, and the continuing gmod updates have made no attempt to remove it either.

Here's a relatively short video that explains how to do it.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
(06-22-2018, 11:45 PM)queef commando Wrote: @"Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca" Not understanding how something works hardly seems like reason to ban it. bhopping exists in all source games and tons of people do it. I don't think I've ever played on a gmod server for more than a week without seeing people bhopping. The only difference is minime is really good at it, but a ton of people do it. It's hardly an exploit, because it still exists in modern versions of source even though valve have had ample opportunity to remove it, and the continuing gmod updates have made no attempt to remove it either.

Here's a relatively short video that explains how to do it.

Thanks for the explanation. Only source games I play are this one and Left 4 Dead. Haven't really seen much of this stuff in either one.

I should note, however, that I didn't say he should of been banned for the bhopping stuff. I expressed disapproval with the use of alts and the ban evasion. I did say that the bhopping stuff should be banned, though.
(06-22-2018, 11:15 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: Jump packs aren't the problem.

The only map I've seen normal people surfing on is fastfood. ONLY MAP. This shouldn't be a line of defense. 

On the other hand, MiniMe flies across the map on every map. Frankly, I don't understand bhops or how that is even possible without some kind of cheats. The only person I've ever seen do this on our server is Mini or one of his alts.

Ban evading isn't ideal. Continuing to use alts when asked not to isn't ideal either. If I remember correctly, I believe a stipulation for Mini being staff was no alts. He used alts then too.

I like Mini. I've played with him for a long time. I don't want him to be perma banned.

However, this flying across the map bullshit needs to end. The alts need to stop forever too. This use of whatever the hell bhops is needs to be banned. Feels kinda stupid that we need to make an entire rule for just one player, but if that's the case, then that's the case.

TL;DR - No more alts for Mini. No more bhopping for Mini. Bhop becomes illegal. Mini doesn't remain permabanned.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/44807-9-...te-of-time
(06-23-2018, 04:26 AM)Zephyr Wrote:
(06-22-2018, 11:15 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: Jump packs aren't the problem.

The only map I've seen normal people surfing on is fastfood. ONLY MAP. This shouldn't be a line of defense. 

On the other hand, MiniMe flies across the map on every map. Frankly, I don't understand bhops or how that is even possible without some kind of cheats. The only person I've ever seen do this on our server is Mini or one of his alts.

Ban evading isn't ideal. Continuing to use alts when asked not to isn't ideal either. If I remember correctly, I believe a stipulation for Mini being staff was no alts. He used alts then too.

I like Mini. I've played with him for a long time. I don't want him to be perma banned.

However, this flying across the map bullshit needs to end. The alts need to stop forever too. This use of whatever the hell bhops is needs to be banned. Feels kinda stupid that we need to make an entire rule for just one player, but if that's the case, then that's the case.

TL;DR - No more alts for Mini. No more bhopping for Mini. Bhop becomes illegal. Mini doesn't remain permabanned.

I will personally freeze hell over before I let you people try and ban bhopping.

Jump packs are literally the problem here, movement like that does not exist if the jump pack is designed better or removed entirely, since all it seems to do now is alter your gravity while you hold jump with it equipped which is a really really lazy way to go about it. Also Google frame-limiting in Speedrunning, very well known method to achieve difficult jumps and boundary exits, but has been since toned down by valves editing to the engine and various games.
Bhopping is just air strafing with perfectly times jumps so that you don't loose speed when hitting the ground. Hitting multiple jumps in a row makes you gain more and more speed. As for me I play gmod at a low fps, so I have no problem limiting the fps just slightly more to find a perfect fps for a server which allows me to hit more jumps perfectly. I spent some time trying to find it using different fps's and just testing it out and I found that 35.3 fps is a good fps as well as 33.3 (Which I use) to hit more perfect bhops. It's all about when to hit space and for me how much im willing to loose a couple fps.

(06-22-2018, 11:32 PM)ExiledShadows Wrote:
(06-22-2018, 04:32 PM)MiniMe2001 Wrote: I still do not understand the reason for my first ban. Surfing has happened loads of times and happens on the default map as well and I’ve never received a warning to stop surfing. At most the worst thing I did was get ontop of the map ledge where I could stand on it which according to motd is 1 week ban at most. I also do understand the ip ban for ban evading even though the first ban was bs.

I don't understand why you would appeal a ban that was invalid and should've been a 1 week ban when you already have a permanent ban for something else. Just seems like a huge waste of time to me.

It was a perma ban for the same thing. I'm not appealing one ban over the other it is essentially the same ban.
(06-23-2018, 07:08 AM)MiniMe2001 Wrote: Bhopping is just air strafing with perfectly times jumps so that you don't loose speed when hitting the ground. Hitting multiple jumps in a row makes you gain more and more speed. As for me I play gmod at a low fps, so I have no problem limiting the fps just slightly more to find a perfect fps for a server which allows me to hit more jumps perfectly. I spent some time trying to find it using different fps's and just testing it out and I found that 35.3 fps is a good fps as well as 33.3 (Which I use) to hit more perfect bhops. It's all about when to hit space and for me how much im willing to loose a couple fps.

(06-22-2018, 11:32 PM)ExiledShadows Wrote:

It was a perma ban for the same thing. I'm not appealing one ban over the other it is essentially the same ban.

I'll make it simpler for you, if you wanted to maximize your chances of an unban you should've appealed the ban evasion, then addressed this in another post made afterwards if you were only pardoned for the ban evasion. There are some people hung up on this and don't wanna give you a reduction for it. 

I guess I should give my opinion while I'm here. You're a pretty chill person and I personally have had no issues with you. Whether or not a verbal warning was/was not given is unclear to me because it's a classic tale of "He said, she said" and there's no proof that you were told to stop. That being said I feel it's fair to judge someone as innocent until proven guilty in all cases. +1 for a ban reduction. The reduction should reflect what the MOTD says.
has @"Dakota" weighed in yet? he's the admin that told me to ban sooo
(06-23-2018, 05:56 AM)calmdownlove. Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 04:26 AM)Zephyr Wrote:

I will personally freeze hell over before I let you people try and ban bhopping.

Jump packs are literally the problem here, movement like that does not exist if the jump pack is designed better or removed entirely, since all it seems to do now is alter your gravity while you hold jump with it equipped which is a really really lazy way to go about it. Also Google frame-limiting in Speedrunning, very well known method to achieve difficult jumps and boundary exits, but has been since toned down by valves editing to the engine and various games.

If you remove the jump pack, half the server would die simply from falls on maps like dolls. I'd prefer if we leave the killing to the traitors.

The jump pack is a very popular item as well and I think more people would be upset about it being removed than happy about it being gone. It's only a very small proportion of players that are abusing the jump pack. The whole server shouldn't have to suffer as a result.

P.S.Sorry for helping turn your unban request into a discussion on bhop/jump packs, Mini. I still stand by my original post and want your ban downgraded.