Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wouldn't it be funny if
Ingame Name: Matt_st3 (Strongrule)

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:84644478

Time Played: 108.38

When First Joined: Forums mid May '17, PH December '17

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Typically late night CST around 11pm (server roll over time), sometimes about 3-5pm depending on if day is better than night for me 

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor -

What can you do to help the community: I have a lot of general experience staffing on Dink's because of TTT. I'll still continue with the forums, but I wanted to try having a direct role again now that I have more time. Its a job hunt so I have off and on time, but its much more than the blackhole my final semesters were. I can handle things like gag/mute while picking up things on the PH side like watching teamswapping and tbh more ghosting then TTT had. It'll be a bit of a learning curve, but I feel I can handle it. Specifically I'm looking to help refill the number of staff in PH to help out the ones I know. I've been trying to help out where I can, but since I'm not a big fan of donors backseat driving I cant really do that and say I'm helping.

Why you want to help the community: Even though I "retired" but not really, I still want to help out with the community. I really enjoy it and have made several friends inside it. For PH I enjoy the more laid back atmosphere it brings. I've had some time in TTT but lately I've got to know more of the PH staff/regulars and want to help out with the time I have. Overall, ive got time again and know people here, and we all know I cant shut up and watch so.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): Not unless Nuru or Penguin banned me when I wasn't looking

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): Some old TTT ones but nothing (posted) PH

How did you find us?: Some of the TTT and PH staff were becoming friends, so soup and penguin told me I had to play lol. Past that it was just resurfacing in the community again but since PH was more laid back I've spent more time there recently.

Other: 
@[Yellow] Travis1421 We gon try
@Penguinslayer4 They did it again
(honestly its a bit short bc it ate my last one)

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Keep staff applications serious and with proper feedback, critique and voting moving forward.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army

The enthusiasm is awesome, but to honest I hadn't heard anyone mention let alone you mention previously that you were interested in becoming staff until this point. 

You are very familiar with Forums and formats, seeing as you've help create many things here. 

I do not think you should receive the rank of trusted at this time, as you don't even have a months time active on the PH server. I believe that you should continue to wait and be more involved on the server with bans and handling situations. Yes, I've played with you on server a few times and have seen you co-operate with staff which is all good things. 

Again, at this time I think you should wait a bit longer and have more time within the PH server so that people are more familiar with you. This will also allow you to get a good flow with the staff in handling situations since you have access to Admin chat with your Donor- Role. 

Best of luck to you Matt, and see you on the prop field 
(02-02-2020, 12:59 AM)Mr Voss Wrote: Again, at this time I think you should wait a bit longer and have more time within the PH server so that people are more familiar with you.

Voss I love ya man, but you're not exactly on the server a whole lot yourself to see this guy around. Honestly, matt is one of the people I'm MOST familiar with on Prophunt.

Matt has heavy experience, is very well spoken, and knows how to interact with his community in a way that's hard to get with a lot of people. Strikes an excellent balance between messing around and laying the hammer down, something that can only be obtained through the high experience he has as a TTT staff. Give this man staff, and give it quick!
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
So let's go over some of the things that Matt brought to the table for TTT, that he could potentially bring here. Since someone is so quick to look at time, and not actions... Matt was the only active admin back in the day, and actually played and handle things in game for the TTT server. He also worked directly on projects for the community like Star Wars Pet Crates. He kept the TTT playerbase actually interested in the TTT server when no one else actually cared. He had major plans for some of the stuff that he had created (This was directly discussed between us) but it fell short. His actions in other parts of the community have proven him to be a VALUABLE ASSET to the community and he is obviously trusted amongst someone here..... He has never stopped loving this community, and from what I see will never change his mind. He in my mind is the an excellent and responsible person. Seeing that someone say he needs more time with staffing, is quite.. hilarious to say the least...

Positive actions/maturity/ and commitment can always overlap time, seeing the fact that certain aspects of things cannot be overlooked for better traits is like looking at a perfect solider and telling him that he cannot enlist because he is missing a tooth... If time is a major quality here, then I need staff reviews ASAP.

+1, Good Luck Buddy.

**EDIT** I'd like to present to the jury evidence 1 and 2.
Evidence #1 - https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...light=Cult
Evidence #2 - https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...light=Cult
+1 he's super mature and respectable when he play's TTT, will make a good staff on the prophunt server.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
Hey Matt! Thanks for applying!

Much support is being given already to matt for his outstanding performances as previous TTT admin, i gotta agree with Voss here. Also quickly to address russ' comment on his inactivity. Voss gets on at times you're not on russ. Matt I've seen you on ever time you've most likely been on, and if im being honest, you do tell me some people are sus, but thats about where I've seen you participate in staff chat. I also haven't seen you lay down some staff binds (its not that you need them or anything, I just haven't seen them). I understand that you got the experience, but Ph rules are very different than TTT. I see you've been getting on consistently this past month, but you've only recently have been here for a bit. 

My advice is familiarize yourself with our rules. Get yourself known for more than just your donor- rank. If you feel like you can't just watch, give us a hand with gags or recordings if there is only one staff one and so on. If you feel like you have a basic grasp on how things work, show us that you do.

For now its a (-1) from me. Just cause you're previous staff from TTT doesn't mean you get to jump in front of those who have been here and want to really apply with the necessary requirements. I like your motivation though. I look forward to see you on server buddy. 

EDIT:

I may have jumped the gun on the whole matt isn't helpful when he's on because he doesn't believe in overstepping staff cause donors aren't staff. I understand that well with some donors in the past overstepped me like crazy. I honestly haven't seen anyone overstep as of late and if anything, most of the donors I've been around are chill and they do help out quite a bit. Others are always asking for help and even point out the bad guys. I may have expected avbit too much out of matt and I shouldn't of done that. My vote isn't gonna change, because I still feel like this was unexpected and I hoped you waited a bit longer matt. I honestly don't have a problem with you anywhere. I wish you good luck dude

I'm just putting what I feel, no hate bro <3
Not meant to be a shitpost but ph apps require an introduction. Your last introduction thread was made in 2017 and people are always recommending reintroducing yourself when intro threads are years old when applying on these apps. So I'd recommend reintroducing yourself to the new age of ph players.
Yea, that would be funny. Ha

In all seriousness, Matt was a good admin on ttt and I think it would be cool to see him in ph dark green. I can't really give much feedback since I hace been fairly inactive, but he's been helping out from what I've seen. +0
(02-02-2020, 02:35 AM)Abdel Wrote: Matt I've seen you on ever time you've most likely been on, and if im being honest, you do tell me some people are sus, but thats about where I've seen you participate in staff chat. I also haven't seen you lay down some staff binds (its not that you need them or anything, I just haven't seen them)

Isn't this a catch 22? He's not hitting staff binds or participating in the staff chat, but he's not staff yet.. why would doing staff related things be a prerequisite for getting staff in the first place? Isn't the point of trusted to be trained and learn how to properly staff?
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide