Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wrongful ban.
Steam Name: Old Man Trash, Fell, Tickle Me Elmos Weiner

Steam I.D: STEAM_0:0:50904722

Who banned you: [red]Starky

Reason for ban: Targeting and Harassment

Reason for Mods to unban you: Speaking on the behalf of Fell here, this was a poorly thought out ban. He never really said anything in game, it was all steam messages with what I now view as very valid points. If it was in chat and shit then it would be justified, but it was steam messages, which doesn't really have any connections to server and we are in no place to control it.

(Optional) Extra details: This ban was flat out wrong on many aspects, he never did anything in global chat or anything of that nature. It was basicly a ban off of steam messages and personal opinion, and was thought about by starky (And me, but at the time I was not fully informed.) for about 5 minutes.
Plus he keeps the server in a light mood, unban this man.
This was more of a issue on part of immaturity. He was banned because of targeting, in this case he was going to every staff member saying things to get them on his "side" it is pretty petty if he had actual issues with me he should have stated them with me not to every other staff member... It shouldn't have been happening. He needs to reply since it is for him. The harassment was, it went on for three-four days causing issues with staff against me. This being said it could have been considered trolling even because he was doing it for personal gain it seems because he knows he could have talked to me but he didn't through his own choice. I also didn't just outright ban, I had enough proof at the time. -1 for unban. 0 for reduce since I don't have the proof anymore.
(02-18-2017, 02:28 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote: This was more of a issue on part of immaturity. He was banned because of targeting, in this case he was going to every staff member saying things to get them on his "side" it is pretty petty if he had actual issues with me he should have stated them with me not to every other staff member... It shouldn't have been happening. He needs to reply since it is for him. The harassment was, it went on for three-four days causing issues with staff against me. This being said it could have been considered trolling even because he was doing it for personal gain it seems because he knows he could have talked to me but he didn't through his own choice. I also didn't just outright ban, I had enough proof at the time. -1 for unban. 0 for reduce since I don't have the proof anymore.

You kill me, you know that? He was banned for actions outside of the server, in steam messages. Thats not right. If he is banned from THE SERVER, then he needs to do something IN THE SERVER, not in STEAM MESSAGES.
(02-18-2017, 02:30 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 02:28 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote: This was more of a issue on part of immaturity. He was banned because of targeting, in this case he was going to every staff member saying things to get them on his "side" it is pretty petty if he had actual issues with me he should have stated them with me not to every other staff member... It shouldn't have been happening. He needs to reply since it is for him. The harassment was, it went on for three-four days causing issues with staff against me. This being said it could have been considered trolling even because he was doing it for personal gain it seems because he knows he could have talked to me but he didn't through his own choice. I also didn't just outright ban, I had enough proof at the time. -1 for unban. 0 for reduce since I don't have the proof anymore.

You kill me, you know that? He was banned for actions outside of the server, in steam messages. Thats not right. If he is banned from THE SERVER, then he needs to do something IN THE SERVER, not in STEAM MESSAGES.

So you're basically saying anything said in chat messages shouldn't be applied to the server? That's funny considering some of the things you've accused others of. Via chat messages
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]

I get what you are coming from, but if what he is doing, is affecting people in the server.. Not only me but others then the harassment note is still there so I stand my ground with my opinion.

(02-18-2017, 02:32 PM)[orange]mkkay671 Wrote:

So you're basically saying anything said in chat messages shouldn't be applied to the server? That's funny considering some of the things you've accused others of. Via chat messages

It seems to be a little hypocritical at this point correct?

Yes, it affected the server, but it shouldnt be taken that seriously if it was outside the game. If it was directly impacting the game environment and players then yes, but it wasnt. Extreme mesures were taken in this case, especially since they were completly valid points, not just kicking up bullshit for his own gain.
(02-18-2017, 02:38 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:

Yes, it affected the server, but it shouldnt be taken that seriously if it was outside the game. If it was directly impacting the game environment and players then yes, but it wasnt. Extreme mesures were taken in this case, especially since they were completly valid points, not just kicking up bullshit for his own gain.

Oh so its alright, if you do it?
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
(02-18-2017, 02:41 PM)[orange]mkkay671 Wrote:

If a leader silences the simplest thing that goes agiant him for personal gain, what do you call it?
A dictatorship.
Fell had a valid point, I had a valid point, you basicly silenced it and now you're trying to silence me.
Rofl.
(02-18-2017, 02:45 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 02:41 PM)[orange]mkkay671 Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 02:30 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: You kill me, you know that? He was banned for actions outside of the server, in steam messages. Thats not right. If he is banned from THE SERVER, then he needs to do something IN THE SERVER, not in STEAM MESSAGES.

If a leader silences the simplest thing that goes agiant him for personal gain, what do you call it?
A dictatorship.
Fell had a valid point, I had a valid point, you basicly silenced it and now you're trying to silence me.
Rofl.

You are making this a big deal.. What you fail to realize is that it is a game still. Regardless your staff position this is still a game. A growing community, but also a game. It is meant for entertainment and happiness, EVERYONE is allowed until they have done something on a severe enough scale to get banned. It is the cycle it is the guidelines it always has been. If I do something wrong on a major scale I would expect a ban. Regardless who you are the community is what needs to grow. Staff is there to maintain the server and keep the issues down, BUT ALSO HAVE FUN AT THE SAME TIME. If you can't look past something that happened months ago, you still try to cause issues and bring it against me shouldn't the same happen to you? If I am the issue and you keep a issue going you are the issue as well. This is a unban request, not a debate. IF this keeps up I will lock the thread.

Allow the thread to take its course. Don't sit and argue over it.
+1
I agree with Russ here, this ban was unnecessary as Starky in fact never talked to Fell about it. He never asked him to stop, etc. basically, this ban was technically false.
Fell is a great person who kept the server in a great mood half the time, he was a great staff. He did his job and respected many. Overall he needs to be unbanned in my opinion. There was no reason for him to be banned. I see no evidence of the fact he was targeting and harassing Starky. Possibly put some evidence there, photos, videos, etc. and I will believe you. Steam messages are different from server conversation unless they involve server issues. Fell was just clearly stating his opinion(s) within steam messages. I totally understand why he would, as he is a brother of Crow. Therefore, just unban the man. For god's sake, there is no valid reasoning behind this.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18294926]