Wrongfully perma'd
Ingame Name: aeth0r

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:49182606

Who Banned You: Turner

Reason For Ban: Mass RDM

Length of Ban: Perm

Reason for Mods to Unban: The mod saw that I killed 3 ppl in one round and didn't listen to my reasoning, I was then instant perma'd after a single slay. One person I killed was standing next to an unid'd body(which I stated in the report, also told the mod in chat multiple times and was not given a response), another had appeared to be holding a knife (he was holstered and crouched directly in front of me and we were in a dark room and I didn't have a flashlight on), and apparently I exploded a barrel at the beginning of the round which killed another person who ran into it, it was a new map I've never played before on some spaceship. Mods should know RDMing is random and these kills had reasoning and were not random (except maybe the barrel, I honestly didn't know I had blown it up). I'm also a couple of hours (3 hours iirc) away from becoming a Member so I'm not just a random going around killing ppl, I know the rules and don't think being perma'd after never being banned before is reasonable.

Although I'm relatively new to the server I enjoy its people and features. I rly hope to continue playing!

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): No
please don't force me to play on MOAT :(
@Turner
After seeing turner's response and your responses as well, I'd say it is clearly evident that your understanding of the rules is a little bit blurred and needs to be brushed up upon. For now I would say -1 for unban and if you brush up on the understanding of the rules then maybe a reduction would be possible in my eyes. So +1 for reduction if you do this
You had 3 instances of rdm in a single round, Not having your light on is not an excuse. You did not give the player any time to I'd the body he was near and you blew up a barrel right at the start of the round that killed one player and hurt another.
Negligence isn't an excuse
[Image: hsk.gif]
(07-16-2018, 07:36 PM)Turner Wrote: You had 3 instances of rdm in a single round, Not having your light on is not an excuse. You did not give the player any time to I'd the body he was near and you blew up a barrel right at the start of the round that killed one player and hurt another.

Random Deathmatch (abbreviated to "RDM") is a term used to denote when a player randomly kills other players without valid reasons.

#1 Although I didn't have the light on I still had my reasoning, which is not random.

#2 I had just walked into the room and the player was crouched in a corner and badly wounded next to an unid'd body, why shouldn't I think he's a traitor? I don't think that is random.

#3 The only true RDM here was the barrel kill.

Being perma'd for these things seems pretty bizzare, especially when I was ignored when giving my reasoning in-server and also in the report files.
(07-16-2018, 07:46 PM)aeth0r Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 07:36 PM)Turner Wrote: You had 3 instances of rdm in a single round, Not having your light on is not an excuse. You did not give the player any time to I'd the body he was near and you blew up a barrel right at the start of the round that killed one player and hurt another.

Random Deathmatch (abbreviated to "RDM") is a term used to denote when a player randomly kills other players without valid reasons.

#1 Although I didn't have the light on I still had my reasoning, which is not random.

#2 I had just walked into the room and the player was crouched in a corner and badly wounded next to an unid'd body, why shouldn't I think he's a traitor? I don't think that is random.

Being perma'd for these things is pretty bizzare.
the second one is a kill off of suspicion, which is considered RDM according to the rules
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
(07-16-2018, 07:53 PM)[black]Tronald Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 07:46 PM)aeth0r Wrote:

Being perma'd for these things is pretty bizzare.
the second one is a kill off of suspicion, which is considered RDM according to the rules
I've been killed and seen many ppl get killed for the same reason.. also is it not T-baiting when you don't id bodies?
The way they define rdm here is killing a player without a legitimate reason (as defined in the motd). Killing someone for not turning your flashlight on to see they didnt have a knife and were just crouching is not a legitimate reason. You're supposed to give someone time to id a body, and just walking into a room and killing someone for not iding it is not a legitimate reason to kill unless you know the situation at hand, saw them kill the person, etc. At most you can sus unless you give them time to id it and they dont, you tell them to id it and they dont, or they blatently walk away when they saw the body. And the third rdm, you admit yourself was rdm.

-1 for unban, neutral on a reduction. I would read up on the rules again to help you understand the context of why you were banned.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
I'd like to comment on one thing. RDM is Random DeathMatch, yes. But, RDM doesn't have to be random. I ironically came up with a new definition of RDM: Random DaMage, a few days ago. After looking at this post, I think it should be changed.