Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
.ceebeast
(01-18-2020, 11:59 AM)Christian Wrote: Voteban should always be a last resort, obviously in a scenario where you try to get Staff on, and none are either available or do not respond back. I don't see anywhere you attempted to do this. And even then, you should of done a 30 minute to an hour ban max. As you're not really supposed to be Banning people as a Donor.

This will most likely end up being just a warning, but you have to remember that there is always a process to be followed. This should also be a learning lesson as well when it comes to using Voteban. People should understand you have it as a Last Resort, but you shouldn't be banning for more than a hour.

The ban probably should be removed as well, unless the Admins deem it as just.

There was no vote ban, the user is not banned. This was just a kick with a message to try to dissuade the user from coming back and trolling where the user proceeded to instantly reconnect and continue trolling. I did not take any screenshots as evidence as I did not think that there would be a post made about this since it was completely instigated by Young Buckaroo and there were multiple users that are respected and have been in this community for a long time that would be able to serve as witnesses.

I chose to handle this situation as, even if there was a staff member that I would be able to get online, they would waste their time doing something that they would not like to do, ie sitting in spectator mode with a low amount of players and making sure the user did not troll. My action of kicking him was an attempt at handling the situation efficiently.
(01-18-2020, 12:07 PM).ceebeast Wrote: There was no vote ban, the user is not banned. This was just a kick with a message to try to dissuade the user from coming back and trolling where the user proceeded to instantly reconnect and continue trolling. I did not take any screenshots as evidence as I did not think that there would be a post made about this since it was completely instigated by Young Buckaroo and there were multiple users that are respected and have been in this community for a long time that would be able to serve as witnesses.

I chose to handle this situation as, even if there was a staff member that I would be able to get online, they would waste their time doing something that they would not like to do, ie sitting in spectator mode and making sure the user did not troll. My action of kicking him was an attempt at handling the situation efficiently.

Ahh I see, I just misread that. My apologies.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
So to defend ceebeast, this guy was false kosing ceebeast almost every round I played last night. He also false kosed me and a couple other players for killing him in previous rounds as Traitors. He also did some rdming and was in general trolling. He was warned multiple times and completely deserved the kick. He was the reason I asked for staff last night on discord. I asked for staff before the kick happened and staff was previously pinged twice before I got on, so I think ceebeast was in the right. If staff were to have been on, I believe he would've been slain multiple times.

@dong staff was pinged and I was told that nobody could get online.
(01-18-2020, 04:22 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: So to defend ceebeast, this guy was false kosing ceebeast almost every round I played last night. He also false kosed me and a couple other players for killing him in previous rounds as Traitors. He also did some rdming and was in general trolling. He was warned multiple times and completely deserved the kick. He was the reason I asked for staff last night on discord. I asked for staff before the kick happened and staff was previously pinged twice before I got on, so I think ceebeast was in the right. If staff were to have been on, I believe he would've been slain multiple times.

This does change things in my eyes. Though I would of preferred there to be a follow up thread in regards to a Player Report / Ban Request, but as long as there was some sort of effort made to Contact Staff, and sufficient time had passed with no response, I have no issue with this kick.

Unless Young has any evidence to counteract this, I think I do lean in the favor of this being a valid kick. As there isn't really hard proof present to invalidate this at this time.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Proof of effort made to get staff onto server: was roughly 20-30 minutes prior to this report being placed.

[Image: Screenshot_126.png]
I was in a similar situation myself with propkilling when donor, and yeah you wont know if they're a T or not. Best to wait for some things after the round. Also, don't try fooling someone with a "kick ban" or whatever that was. Its kinda funny looking at, but at the same time its not needed.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Quote:EDIT: After considering your behavior on the server I decided to review your profile, your history, your gametracker, your steam account (friends, name changes, account creation, etc) it leads me to believe that this is an alternate account of a different member of this community and that you knew exactly what you were doing.

You're attempting to stalk me over a report...? ...in a video game? Like what? That's seriously not normal or healthy behavior. That's shit you call the police about.

Unfortunately you made claims without any proof, so it's word against word. I sure wish a real admin was online while we were playing. Thank you for apologizing for kicking during a round.

Edit: If it's possible to pull up logs, you'll clearly see Thunder and .ceebeast rdming me and trolling me in chat. I've had to start recording. .ceebeast wouldn't be able to pass a successful voteban against me since his accusations are false.
(01-19-2020, 03:13 AM)Young Buckaroo Wrote:
Quote:EDIT: After considering your behavior on the server I decided to review your profile, your history, your gametracker, your steam account (friends, name changes, account creation, etc) it leads me to believe that this is an alternate account of a different member of this community and that you knew exactly what you were doing.

You're attempting to stalk me over a report...? ...in a video game? Like what? That's seriously not normal or healthy behavior. That's shit you call the police about.

Unfortunately you made claims without any proof, so it's word against word. I sure wish a real admin was online while we were playing. Thank you for apologizing for kicking during a round.

Edit: If it's possible to pull up logs, you'll clearly see Thunder and .ceebeast rdming me and trolling me in chat. I've had to start recording. .ceebeast wouldn't be able to pass a successful voteban against me since his accusations are false.

Uhh, I’m not trying to stalk you... Feel free to call the police in regards to me checking out your steam profile and stats....

Unfortunately I don't have any evidence, however I offered multiple respected witnesses that can vouch for what actually occurred. I also wish that there was an admin present during this situation. I sincerely apologize for kicking you in the middle of the round, especially since it was your T round. I did not intend any malice, I just attempted to curb your consistent trolling. I was hoping that you would not come back after I kicked you as you were ruining gameplay for many others by doing what you were doing, however when you came back I never responded to you or spoke to you as I decided that that would be the best course of action; not to feed you.

If you do have any recordings, please post them. There are game logs in the discord, and I encourage you to look through them and post any evidence of thunder or myself trolling you in chat. Thanks.
Honestly I've never seen ceebeast rdming, or going out of his way to cause issues. This just seems to be a troll who was rdming and causing issues and just happened to get LUCKY and be kicked on his T round for false kosing, in order too use that to make Ceebeast look bad. Probably should have contacted staff (maybe he tried, but like he said, at 2 am there is no staff on usually). Overall I think he handled it better then most would have.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(01-19-2020, 03:13 AM)Young Buckaroo Wrote:

Can't really call police on people for finding out public information :L
[Image: tenor.png]
holy moly