Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
closest you've ever been to dying?
(07-11-2018, 01:01 PM)Christian Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 12:47 PM)Foxka Wrote: Why? You dont need to share if you dont want to

I've been close to drowning pretty much in the same way that I didn't know how to swim and I fell in the deep end of the pool at my cousins house.

I've also been deathly I'll at the hospital when I was younger, around 11 I think, where my kidneys bad an infection of some sort and the pain was unbearable. 

Nothing else other than some major accidents I guess, I've been shot in the foot once and had many deep cuts n bruises but nothing that was like "oh I'm gonna die".

This thread has nothing to do with me, but I don't think it's something that needs to be public within the forums. There are some people here that have alot of issues including with depression, and this is just a thread I believe that could backfire. I'd hope no one would ever think about suicide, and that they would reach out for help / talk to someone if they ever have thoughts. This thread just gives me bad energy vibes, and I feel as if it's not something that needs to be publicized here on the forums.

being someone that has had depression most of my life and lost my best friend to suicide, i have to disagree. depression is different for everyone, so maybe someone would get offended by this. however, i don't think existentialism is necessarily a bad thing. the title is clearly telling that there is mentions of death, it someone knows they won't be comfortable with it, they could look away. if this was a talk of suicide I could understand where you're coming from, but these are personal experiences that you are not required to share by any means. i have edited the topic a bit just to ensure that this is a safe place. i do appreciate you being upfront about your concern and i will make sure to make this thread doesn't get out of hand.
[Image: tumblr_oc1hazkarA1vnktu6o1_500.gif]

dot ヽ(^◇^*)/
Well I used to have pretty sever asthma and I ended catching whooping cough. I started coughing and couldn't breathe and almost suffocated. (Warning the rest is pretty gross) So I go to take a sip of water because my throat hurts from coughing and end up having another coughing fit and I started to choke on the water, noone else was home so I performed the heimlich on myself by slamming my abdomen against a kitchen counter. Basically almost drowned from a water bottle because of whooping cough. 0/10 wouldn't recommend.
I drove through a black neighborhood the other day, scariest shit ever.
(07-11-2018, 07:34 PM)nopleez Wrote: I drove through a black neighborhood the other day, scariest shit ever.

That sounds like a very traumatizing experience, I'm sorry you had to experience that..
==================== L i l y =====================
[Image: tumblr_ne6mgl5MRJ1s3ci0uo1_500.gif]
"Nah, google it up, shitlord."
The world is but a treat, when you're on easy street
========================================================
(07-11-2018, 07:34 PM)nopleez Wrote: I drove through a black neighborhood the other day, scariest shit ever.

Was this in the same neighborhood that Nicky got robbed?
(07-11-2018, 01:01 PM)Christian Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 12:47 PM)Foxka Wrote: Why? You dont need to share if you dont want to

I've been close to drowning pretty much in the same way that I didn't know how to swim and I fell in the deep end of the pool at my cousins house.

I've also been deathly I'll at the hospital when I was younger, around 11 I think, where my kidneys bad an infection of some sort and the pain was unbearable. 

Nothing else other than some major accidents I guess, I've been shot in the foot once and had many deep cuts n bruises but nothing that was like "oh I'm gonna die".

This thread has nothing to do with me, but I don't think it's something that needs to be public within the forums. There are some people here that have alot of issues including with depression, and this is just a thread I believe that could backfire. I'd hope no one would ever think about suicide, and that they would reach out for help / talk to someone if they ever have thoughts. This thread just gives me bad energy vibes, and I feel as if it's not something that needs to be publicized here on the forums.

I'd say that this thread would accomplish something contrary to what you are thinking Christian. To me this thread allows us to understand our own mortality and appreciate life just a little bit more. It's good to able to share these things with people especially since I know many people on this server have depression. It's good to know you're not alone and have people to call on. That's just my thoughts. Btw I had near death experience. One time i was mowing the lawn and the mower caught up a rock and shot it out near me at an alarming rate. I was spooked to say the least.

[Image: atomic_vault_boy_by_lolwut_kun.jpg]

Are you sure it just wasn't @"Lycan" sitting outside his house?
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
When I was like 6years old I was stung by a scorpion (a really small poisonous one), I was in a little town and the nearest hospital was 30-40 minutes away, I don't really remember a lot since I was fainting but my family told me the doctors had to give me more medicine because the poison was too strong and it had been in my bloodstream a lot of time.

Apart from that I have some glass cuts in both of my arms because stupid little me ran into a big ass glass door in the middle of the night and it broke as I crashed into it
[Insert good signature]
[Image: oaKnu2F.jpg]
Oh boy, where to begin.

1. Don’t know why drowning is so popular, but I’ve been pretty close to losing consciousness and have taken in a fair amount of lakewater trying to flip a small sailboat. My leg got caught in the main sheet and panicked pretty hard.
  2. Drove down a single-lane highway over a drawbridge on my bike... against traffic. Tiny median, and cars sped INCHES from me to the point that each one almost sucked me into the lane. That’s was pretty stressful, and my adrenaline was pumping hard the whole time.
  3. Brother and I once walked out to the center of a frozen lake, only to find that it wasn’t fully frozen, and the parts we stood on were not thick ice at all. The rocks we had been throwing could have actually killed us. We were  very lucky.
  4. Not quite a near miss, but my entire family was driving back from picking up my brother somewhere when they were rear-ended by a drunk driver. Totaled the car, if he was going any faster.... yeah. They had offered for me to come along but I declined. Scary to think about either losing my family or almost dying.
  5. Almost choked on a lifesaver alone in my room once. Thought I was done for, so I hit myself as hard as I could upwards into my chest, causing me to cough it out. Turns out almost choking to death makes them tear ducts flow.
  6. Numerous instances of almost being hit by people trying to make red lights. Adrenaline is a helkuva drug.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

(07-12-2018, 05:59 AM)ReThink Wrote: Oh boy, where to begin.

1. Don’t know why drowning is so popular, but I’ve been pretty close to losing consciousness and have taken in a fair amount of lakewater trying to flip a small sailboat. My leg got caught in the main sheet and panicked pretty hard.
  2. pleaseDrove down a single-lane highway over a drawbridge on my bike... against traffic. Tiny median, and cars sped INCHES from me to the point that each one almost sucked me into the lane. That’s was pretty stressful, and my adrenaline was pumping hard the whole time.
  3. Brother and I once walked out to the center of a frozen lake, only to find that it wasn’t fully frozen, and the parts we stood on were not thick ice at all. The rocks we had been throwing could have actually killed us. We were  very lucky.
  4. Not quite a near miss, but my entire family was driving back from picking up my brother somewhere when they were rear-ended by a drunk driver. Totaled the car, if he was going any faster.... yeah. They had offered for me to come along but I declined. Scary to think about either losing my family or almost dying.
  5. Almost choked on a lifesaver alone in my room once. Thought I was done for, so I hit myself as hard as I could upwards into my chest, causing me to cough it out. Turns out almost choking to death makes them tear ducts flow.
  6. Numerous instances of almost being hit by people trying to make red lights. Adrenaline is a helkuva drug.

sorry but I find it kind of funny and ironic that you almost died because of a lifesaver
[Image: tumblr_oc1hazkarA1vnktu6o1_500.gif]

dot ヽ(^◇^*)/