Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
closest you've ever been to dying?
Driving on a highway in the winter, everything frozen and a blizzard going. I see a loaded truck as oncoming traffic, just as I shortly lost control over the car and slightly slid over to the truck. Luckily I've had training in these situations so i got myself on the right lane in time but jesus. Never been so scared in my life.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(07-12-2018, 02:48 PM)dot  ┐(‘~`;)┌ Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 05:59 AM)ReThink Wrote: Oh boy, where to begin.

1. Don’t know why drowning is so popular, but I’ve been pretty close to losing consciousness and have taken in a fair amount of lakewater trying to flip a small sailboat. My leg got caught in the main sheet and panicked pretty hard.
  2. pleaseDrove down a single-lane highway over a drawbridge on my bike... against traffic. Tiny median, and cars sped INCHES from me to the point that each one almost sucked me into the lane. That’s was pretty stressful, and my adrenaline was pumping hard the whole time.
  3. Brother and I once walked out to the center of a frozen lake, only to find that it wasn’t fully frozen, and the parts we stood on were not thick ice at all. The rocks we had been throwing could have actually killed us. We were  very lucky.
  4. Not quite a near miss, but my entire family was driving back from picking up my brother somewhere when they were rear-ended by a drunk driver. Totaled the car, if he was going any faster.... yeah. They had offered for me to come along but I declined. Scary to think about either losing my family or almost dying.
  5. Almost choked on a lifesaver alone in my room once. Thought I was done for, so I hit myself as hard as I could upwards into my chest, causing me to cough it out. Turns out almost choking to death makes them tear ducts flow.
  6. Numerous instances of almost being hit by people trying to make red lights. Adrenaline is a helkuva drug.

sorry but I find it kind of funny and ironic that you almost died because of a lifesaver
It was only funny to me until AFTER I could breathe again lol
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

I once went to little havana. And almost died there. I got involved in a drug deal, and while crossing the street to my car, I almost got hit by a car.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I was on the playground swingset in 5th grade and decided to hold the little triangles connection the seat to the chains instead of the chains themselves and at the peak of my swing I fell backwards right onto my head, I blacked out for long enough to have the entire playground surrounding me, if I landed at a different angle I could've broke my neck and died yeet
[Image: giphy.gif]
I looked at your stock photo then I went brain dead
I had a grand mal seizure in the shower and hit my head on the soap bar- not sure which came first. Anyway, I blacked out and woke up naked on my mom's bed with like 5 paramedics surrounding me. She said I stopped breathing, but if that's the case I don't get how they managed to get there and revive me before I went braindead.
So my near-death experience began before I was even born. My father had positive blood, while my mother's was negative. This causes children to have positive blood. My sister was the first child of my family, and her birth went off without a hitch. My brother had a platelet deficiency, which was resolved before it could do real harm. I, however, was the unlucky third child.

A few months before I was due to be born, my blood ended up mixing with my mother's. With my blood being positive and hers negative, her immune system had a bad reaction, and developed antibodies to try and destroy the "invader", or my red blood cells. This afflicted me with Rh disease. Eventually, I had to be cut out via Cesearean-section two months early in rather bad shape. I reckon if I had spent much longer inside the womb, I probably would have suffered hydrops fetalis, or fetal heart failure.

TL;DR My blood was incompatible with my mother's, her immune system tries to kill me in the womb.
[Image: 300px-Heresy_vein-popping.png]
I was like 6 and I was sleeping between my parents in their bed.
I heard fireworks in my dream, it woke me up, so I was turning and it felt like i was laying on splinters so I woke my parents up, they turned the light on and it appeared we were laying in glass from the painting that hung above the bed. The bed was obviously covered in blood. It appeared that someone shot through the window 8 times and some of the bullets hit the painting and there was one bullet that went quite close past us. I guess that’s the most near death experience I had lol
Greetings, 
Swartsy
Age 6 - I was outside with my cousin, we had one of those plastic clunky doctor kits. I refused to put the bandaid on him because I said he needed stitches instead. I know, I was a very stubborn doctor with a stubborn patient. SMH. Anyhow, he chucked the doctor kit at my head, and it hit my temple just right and I blacked out, woke up in the hospital getting stitches.

Age 16 - I was on the bus, middle of winter. We had a horrible snow storm, about 2 and a half feet of snow. Nothing unusual really in West Virginia. It was so white out from the storm, you could hardly see in front of the bus, so the driver pulled over to let it pass some, and let everyone else know over the radio. Next thing we know a large semi came barreling right for us, slid as he tried to hit his brakes, and smashed into the side of the bus. It was terrifying.
I've gotten in a really bad car crash years ago. If you want me to go into detail you can ask me about it xD