Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dead
Unfortunately Deathrun died the month it started. I love the gamemode and I love to play it, but there is never anyone on to have fun with.
Best option for it right now until it gains more popularity is to switch it to another gamemode that has more popularity or stop the server in general to ease the strain on dink's wallet.
My opinion of Dr is that it is kinda neglected because no one from the rest of the community wants to play on it.
This also translates to the staff. None of the staff are active anymore so the server is not enjoyable. If all it requires is for us to have more staff the I will gladly volunteer because I play on Dr quite a lot.
The fact that people keep on saying that it is dead is actually making it true by discouraging community members from joining on.

Say you see 1 person on Dr , if you Jon the server, you are kickstarting the entire server because as soon as you have 2 people the server is playable. This means that more people will join. At this point you can just get off or get back onto TTT/PH/RP
Also as I have been playing I have noticed more and more repetitive players on Dr . All it needs is a little help from the rest of the community.
One more way to help the server is to add it to your favorites list, as silly as this sounds it will easily give you the opportunity to join the server whenever ttt or ph are full

(08-05-2017, 01:02 PM)Jerminator00 Wrote: A problem that I've always had with deathrun is that as soon as someone that knows how to properly bunny hop gets on, anyone who doesn't pretty much becomes obsolete with games ending before people moving normally get halfway through. As someone who doesn't (know how to) bunny hop, it feels kinda pointless to play deathrun because of that. But that's just my opinion.

As for replacing the server, maybe put up a poll to see what other gamemodes the people active in the community would be interested in playing/if they would be interested at all? I do seem to recall a vanilla TTT server keeps getting mentioned every once in a while though.
Dr has auto jump so that as long as you know how to turn and hold space, you are fine
One thing I would like to see is for the jump pack to get nerfed, you can jump over from 40-90%of the traps depending on the map and you can even skip some male entirely. The jump pack being so op can cause quite a few exploits to be possible, needing the jump pack would fix these