escalated/freedom unban
Ingame Name: ESCALATED1629

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:503810186

Who Banned You: nicol

Reason For Ban: bhop scripts

Length of Ban: perm

Reason for Admins to Unban: stop banning players that know more about the game than you holy fucking shit i've seen laced mini and fozzy hit more movement than me in single rounds combined yet i get banned after 3 fucking maps of "evidence" which just shows me playing legit you guys go off w/ the fucking false bans man i stg
literally get a logitech g502, unlock the scrollwheel and a make a scrollwheel jump bind if you wanna do the same thing i do! its not that fucking hard!
only reason im requesting an unban is so i can not get multi-account banned so i'd appreciate it guys thanks

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): no

Other: yes im an alt 
I'll upload my evidence tomorrow as it's midnight and I'm quite tired, but the general consensus was while laced/mini/fozzy do in fact have more movement, they have jump packs. You were hitting near perfect bhops and maintaining that speed without one. The fact that you're a fresh guest account on the server always makes people more inclined to look into it. I'd suggest letting me(or an admin if that's more comfortable) know who this is an alt account of. We consider your privacy, and would not give that information out if asked.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(12-23-2019, 01:54 AM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: I'll upload my evidence tomorrow as it's midnight and I'm quite tired, but the general consensus was while laced/mini/fozzy do in fact have more movement, they have jump packs. You were hitting near perfect bhops and maintaining that speed without one. The fact that you're a fresh guest account on the server always makes people more inclined to look into it. I'd suggest letting me(or an admin if that's more comfortable)  know who this is an alt account of. We consider your privacy, and would not give that information out if asked.

I don't use the jump pack. (by the way, I'm honored to be mentioned there with two of my idols tbh) I am nowhere near a great bhopper, but I consider myself consistent. I usually hit near perfect bhops and maintain speed without a jump pack. Unless asked to, I won't go into the settings I use for bhopping, but yeah

I'll respond with more when Nicol uploads his evidence, but the point I was making was you don't need a jump pack to be good at bhopping.

edit: ay lmk who u are cutie
not saying who im an alt of but i do know all the identities of the people who used the red profile picture account and ill snitch for an unban!!!
-
no my main is not banned and i havent even touched this server on my main in quite a bit, but i will agree people are constantly suspicious of guest accounts and for that reason i did come on here specifically to record clips and tryhard, knowing i would probably end up getting false banned because ive seen so many people fault victim to the shaky staff hand and its inevitable when you dont have the aim and reaction time of a 3rd grader who was born prematurely
I'd like to preface this stating that this wasn't the act of staff with shaky hand, and that this ban was not a spur of the moment decision. This ban had quite a lot of discussion, both in staff chat with the admins and in game with several trusted members of the community who urged me to look into this like @EpicGuy and @Christian. Regardless of if you were hacking or not remains to be seen, but the fact of the matter is staff as a whole are always suspicious of random guest accounts joining and instantly doing better than some of the regulars. Getting upset about a false ban is justified, I am aware. I do apologize on a whole for those who get wrongfully banned, however there is an old adage about being safe rather than sorry.

https://streamable.com/ttcui
https://streamable.com/n0937
https://youtu.be/X6jydr0VniY

I believe @Penguinslayer4 has more clips if needed, however if you are being sincere then they probably won't be needed. Again for future reference for you and others. If you're on an alt account, and feel like you could be falsely banned(as you stated you felt like you might be), it is always as simple as letting an admin or mod know who you are. Trusted members of the community are trusted for a reason. I do get you value your privacy, and I know I and the admins will respect that.

Edit: And one more thing, while this ban was looked at by several staff members and other non-staff members, this ban lies entirely on myself so please do not give any unnecessary hostility to any other community members.

Edit 2: After careful consideration and talking with a few people, I +1 an unban.
(12-23-2019, 01:54 AM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: I'll upload my evidence tomorrow as it's midnight and I'm quite tired, but the general consensus was while laced/mini/fozzy do in fact have more movement, they have jump packs. You were hitting near perfect bhops and maintaining that speed without one. The fact that you're a fresh guest account on the server always makes people more inclined to look into it. I'd suggest letting me(or an admin if that's more comfortable)  know who this is an alt account of. We consider your privacy, and would not give that information out if asked.

He shouldnt have to leak his main to prove that he's not hacking.
(12-23-2019, 12:27 PM)ChokeMeGrandpa Wrote: He shouldnt have to leak his main to prove that he's not hacking.

Not my point, nor is it my intention, to have him leak his main account in order to prove he isn't hacking. Speaking to admins was merely a suggestion to help the process. I'm sure he's more than capable of proving it himself. Nowhere did I say he had to do anything like that.
Nothing there. +1 for unban, with the suggestion that staff be trained in knowing what not only bhop scripts look like, but hacks in general. I've seen a lot of false bans in my time for things that simply aren't hacks, scripts, etc. Don't jump the gun unless they are blatantly cheating.

Also, on the point made about alt accounts, speaking from experience, I go on an alt and only let one select person know who I am, someone who I know won't single me out because of my skill. This has always been a big problem, and the regulars aren't the only people that do it. The staff do, too. Hence why nobody tells the staff that they're on an alt. It's not their fault that everybody cries wolf (or hacker, if you will) whenever a halfway decent player gets on the server.
Looked like it to me, but I'm just dumb. Using a g502's freewheel is actually very smart. This is a no brainer unban tbh.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Just putting this out here: purposefully going on a server with an alt to record and “tryhard” then getting banned and getting mad about it is like kicking the wolf and being upset it bit you. You knew what was going to happen. It’s a relatively young staff team for a game this old. You have better things to do than play kick the staff, pick up a coding language or something.
Anyways +1 for unban of the bhop scout main. Looks like he loses momentum in all the right places.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon