Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
killerzoreo
Offender's Name: killerZoreo

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:170196959

Offender's Rank: Trusted

What They Did: Killer has made a lot of these calls that make people very unhappy as his judgment isn't the greatest. I've stayed quiet because most of the time I can kind of see how can see things as slayable even though they aren't. User licorice (STEAM_0:0:60920830) pushed me into a banana bomb that I was hiding from where I took damage. I said I did, and I shot him one time in return instead of kosing him as he made me take damage. I end up getting slain with the reason "I don't think that's kosable." I got pushed into an area that I got damaged by a different player, and I got slain for shooting him once instead of killing him in return with killer THINKING it isn't kosable. Instead of trying to figure out what happened he just flips a coin and slays. I tried getting a reason or explanation from him on why, and he completely ignored me. I think that this is very poor behavior from someone who is a staff member and has the abilities that he has. I did not get a response for why I was being slain for.

When They Did It: Probably about 15-30 minutes prior to making this post

Potential Witnesses: This is the map after. Users may have joined or disconnected. https://i.imgur.com/Xzkh89k.jpg

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/ZA6wR01

Other: When killer is on by himself his slays are very questionable and I believe he is biased with the users that he slays. He does his job well a lot of the times, but he has a lot of time where his judgment is very poor and questionable. In this situation he wasn't enforcing the rules, he was making a biased decision in which he had no merit and didn't respond to anything regarding why the punishment was happening. I'm not looking to have him demoted or anything by any means as he does a great job being active and catching people who blatantly break the rules, but I think an admin should speak to him about his behavior. This is a poor representation of staff. If I ever get slain for a reason that I don't think I should be slain for I ask the person who is slaying me who explains it instead of ghosting me.
Based on the information I was able to dig up from killer, Licorice, logs, and your screenshot; here's what I've got to say.

Even though he did push you, he didn't do any damage to you. A banana bomb after it goes off spreads the banana's everywhere. It's never consistent. And you were only damage for 7 HP to the bomb. So even though he did not damage to you, you decided to shoot him for 32 HP, which he had full right to defend himself. I don''t take sides for either of you but based on the information and the reports you two made against yourselves, I'm gonna give this a -1 for abuse. He made the right call.

Btw, here are the screenshots of the reports you forgot to add giving both sides of the story: https://imgur.com/a/rZa8MzJ
[Image: nXzQb2c.jpg]
(08-21-2019, 05:14 PM)RenzoLeBenzo Wrote: Based on the information I was able to dig up from killer, Licorice, logs, and your screenshot; here's what I've got to say.

Even though he did push you, he didn't do any damage to you. A banana bomb after it goes off spreads the banana's everywhere. It's never consistent. And you were only damage for 7 HP to the bomb. So even though he did not damage to you, you decided to shoot him for 32 HP, which he had full right to defend himself. I don''t take sides for either of you but based on the information and the reports you two made against yourselves, I'm gonna give this a -1 for abuse. He made the right call.

Btw, here are the screenshots of the reports you forgot to add giving both sides of the story: https://imgur.com/a/rZa8MzJ

I understand how a banana bomb works, however it was on the last banana explosion. A banana flew towards me and I took shelter in a room where Licorice was hiding, which he knew, and he pushed me around the corner intentionally where I took damage from the banana that was right around the corner.  According to the rules "9. ANY amount of damage with a gun is kosable. 5+ damage with a prop is kosable. 20+ damage by any means is reportable." I consider this a form of prop damage in which a player purposefully damaged another player. If it is not, then it is at least considered t baiting by causing damage to another player. He also KNEW that the banana bomb was there, and the report is false because other users as well as myself said it on the mic.
Making calls that make people unhappy doesn't mean the calls are bad. It just means that people will get pissed off because they don't agree with a decision I make. Me saying "I think" was just poor wording. It's not kosable. I got a second opinion to make sure. I slayed you base on an unspoken rule in which you can't validly report someone for throwing a discombob to spread an incend/holy, since it is not you who is technically doing the damage. As far as the ghosting goes, I didn't read the question you asked me as a question. I read it more as "what the fuck. I shouldn't have been slain." So I ignored it. As for your claims at the bottom of this report. You say that I am biased on my reports. I have never had a single problem with you and I have no reason to favor you over licorice or the other way around. If you think that I am being biased overall, I would be happy to see the proof. The only difference between me being the only staff on and having other staff members with me is whether or not I have people to answer my questions about staffing. Also, if this is not made to get me demoted or punished, then why did you make this report? When you asked if I was ignoring you, I replied. You can see it in the screenshot.
(08-21-2019, 05:30 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: Making calls that make people unhappy doesn't mean the calls are bad. It just means that people will get pissed off because they don't agree with a decision I make. Me saying "I think" was just poor wording. It's not kosable. I got a second opinion to make sure. I slayed you base on an unspoken rule in which you can't validly report someone for throwing a discombob to spread an incend/holy, since it is not you who is technically doing the damage. As far as the ghosting goes, I didn't read the question you asked me as a question. I read it more as "what the fuck. I shouldn't have been slain." So I ignored it. As for your claims at the bottom of this report. You say that I am biased on my reports. I have never had a single problem with you and I have no reason to favor you over licorice or the other way around. If you think that I am being biased overall, I would be happy to see the proof. The only difference between me being the only staff on and having other staff members with me is whether or not I have people to answer my questions about staffing. Also, if this is not made to get me demoted or punished, then why did you make this report? When you asked if I was ignoring you, I replied. You can see it in the screenshot.

Because, as I said, I think you do a good job most of the time ,but there are other times that you do a very poor job in my opinion. I think that an admin talking to you regarding your staffing would be beneficial to you and the community. I was a high ranked admin on a gaming community in which TTT was prominent for a very long time a few years ago. I know people aren't always happy with your decisions, I completely understand that. It's your conflict resolution in those situations. I asked you why I was getting slain as he made me take damage where I otherwise would not have, sent you question marks, and you ignored me. I asked if you were ignoring me and you said "Not completely." That's the type of troll asshole response in which you don't answer and ignore any questions regarding the case, but when asked if you're ignoring them you acknowledge that you see what they say but choose to ignore them. Very poor behavior IMHO. You are the only user who doesn't explain why someone is getting slain and that part of being a staff member is a necessity. I'm not saying you have to argue with them, but a genuine question asking why I'm getting slain because he caused me to take damage merits a response.
The only problem I see here is the lack of communication in which I feel that Zoreo should learn to communicate more. Some people just want further explanation and that's perfectly fine, it's always good to get further knowledge of things. 

I've seen some instances before leaving for 2 weeks where people just don't respond or just tell people to make a report on the forums, neither of this is okay if you don't at least try to alleviate the problem on both sides. The forums should be a last case scenario type of thing if the involved parties can't see eye to eye. 
**Not directed towards you Zoreo, just a general observation I've had.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
(08-21-2019, 05:59 PM)Hani Wrote: The only problem I see here is the lack of communication in which I feel that Zoreo should learn to communicate more. Some people just want further explanation and that's perfectly fine, it's always good to get further knowledge of things. 

I've seen some instances before leaving for 2 weeks where people just don't respond or just tell people to make a report on the forums, neither of this is okay if you don't at least try to alleviate the problem on both sides. The forums should be a last case scenario type of thing if the involved parties can't see eye to eye. 
**Not directed towards you Zoreo, just a general observation I've had.

I agree with Hani. The big picture here is lack of communication. As a staff member, you do have a duty to enforce the rules when making decisions on punishments, but if people ask why, always explaining to them why you are punishing them could deter from making a post on the forums. And at the end of the day, staff will always be unbiased to every player.
[Image: nXzQb2c.jpg]
As for the report itself, the slay seems to be justified. He might've pushed you, but he did not damage you. Then you shot him first so he had a right to defend himself and shoot back. The 5+ prop rule you mentioned doesn't really apply here either and is not the intended purpose of the rule. But we should still get @"licorice" 's response and side of the story to account for all sides.

Outside of the report itself, the only thing I see here is a lack of communication which is something I think should be improved upon. The reason of being staff is to moderate, assist and help the players in any reasonable means necessary as it relates to the our server, gameplay, questions, etc. As a staff, you’re here to represent the server, set an example, and be a good role model. This includes communicating with a player when they feel they have been wrongfully slain and not ignoring their questions even though it may not seem like a question to you, but still is a question that should be answered even in the simplest terms. If we're going to enforce the rules and punish someone for breaking those rules we have to justify why we are punishing them and not leaving them clueless as to why they were punished per our rules. This is a general statement and is not meant to single anyone out.

As for the bias you claim, I don't really see any of that here nor see any other kind of proof that would show that. Staff are supposed to be unbias at all times when enforcing rules, if they aren't it carries significant consequences. 

I will leave this open a bit longer for more comments/licorice's response

Edit: locked now, has been resolved
The communication issue was the only reason I posted on the forum. I'm glad we see eye to eye. I'm hoping killerZoreo amends his behavior.
(08-21-2019, 06:32 PM).ceebeast Wrote: The communication issue was the only reason I posted on the forum. I'm glad we see eye to eye. I'm hoping killerZoreo amends his behavior.

"In this situation he wasn't enforcing the rules, he was making a biased decision in which he had no merit and didn't respond to anything regarding why the punishment was happening" <-- taken from your original post.

You pointed out several things you found as issues but posted no proof of him being biased, so I'm not really sure why you're saying the communication is the only issue after claiming he's biased against you. Maybe I missed something?