Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ph_dimmsdale what to fix
I have been gone quite a minute partly due to college, relationships, and my laptop with the VMFs being big broke. But I am finally back and am pretty much completely home-bound thanks to the rona. Its been awhile since I have updated the prophunt and I know there are a few major bugs to fix.
  1. Respawning and keeping zero gravity 
  2. There are problems with the occluders causing props to be invisible when they shouldn't be
The first one is an easy fix I just had to increase the normal gravity trigger's size to encompass the whole map.
The second one on the other hand is an entirely different beast to tackle. The occluders that make the props pop in and out is a unintentional glitch that for some reason yall really like. I guess it makes the map stand out from the other prop hunt maps (i wouldnt know not a big ph guy). The problem with fixing some of the issues that result from these occluders is that I have no idea how it works so that might be a lot of trial and error.
But let me know of any bugs that you guys have noticed that I should fix or anything you would like to see added. Also is the invisible stuff worth keeping?

My Maps
been here since September 2016
I would say it is not worth keeping if it is causing issues but is fine overall unless people are becoming illegal props.

The other one is that some people are still worming their way out of the fishbowl as props on the top sometimes and then swim around where hunters can not get them.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(03-25-2020, 05:03 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: I would say it is not worth keeping if it is causing issues but is fine overall unless people are becoming illegal props.

The other one is that some people are still worming their way out of the fishbowl as props on the top sometimes and then swim around where hunters can not get them.

Ok I fixed the fishbowl thing I made the player clip much thiccer

My Maps
been here since September 2016
I sent you a problem in DMs a while back concerning props being able to hide in between the fence's occluder. pls fix

edit: I cannot read
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
also the escaping the fishbowl issue should be fixed
(03-25-2020, 07:42 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: also the escaping the fishbowl issue should be fixed

Yeah I think I mentioned that

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(03-25-2020, 07:45 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 07:42 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: also the escaping the fishbowl issue should be fixed

Yeah I think I mentioned that

im blind lol
Can the damage to hunter be changed to taking 5 health per shot instead of per pellet with the shotgun. Ie: shooting the couch with the double shot and taking 60 damage. I havent played dimmsdale for a while so i'm not sure if this was fixed.
(03-25-2020, 09:38 PM)Mantis Wrote: Can the damage to hunter be changed to taking 5 health per shot instead of per pellet with the shotgun. Ie: shooting the couch with the double shot and taking 60 damage. I havent played dimmsdale for a while so i'm not sure if this was fixed.

As in on just map or in general cuz I'd rather not buff the excutioner
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(03-26-2020, 07:12 AM)Near Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 09:38 PM)Mantis Wrote: Can the damage to hunter be changed to taking 5 health per shot instead of per pellet with the shotgun. Ie: shooting the couch with the double shot and taking 60 damage. I havent played dimmsdale for a while so i'm not sure if this was fixed.

As in on just map or in general cuz I'd rather not buff the excutioner

He's talking map some props when you shoot them take away a lot of health even if only shot once on that map. Not to say other maps aren't guilty of this but it is commonplace on dimmsdale

Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army