Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remove leyhitreg.
I headshot someone and they didn't die, then 15 seconds later they died halfway across the map because of me previously headshotting them
We tried to find viable alternatives. We removed it and nobody liked that choice. If anyone has a solid replacement, please post it here.
The problem with hitreg that a lot of people forget is that gmod runs off the original version of source and they didn't bother making sure the hitreg worked correctly because the game was always fully intended to be sandbox. It just needed gunplay that worked. Then you introduce lag compensation, custom addons, custom hitreg, and its all a hot mess of stitched together issues that you can't really fix without going back to square one.
EDIT: forgot to add in the hitreg got significantly worse a couple years ago for some arbitrary reason, after a quick google search its showing me october 10th 2018 is a commonly complained about update. So I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unless you wanna go vanilla or code your own hitreg we are kinda screwed for now.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
Hillrop got this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
What if we just move to Source 2

TTT in VR --- Half Life Alyx style.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
[Image: leyresponse.PNG]
Here's the response from the man himself. I'm chatting with him about a better version we could possibly use.
Bit of an update on this, he said he's not sure and servers kind of have to find what version works best for them.

I have reverted us back to version 2.0.11 this morning. Let me know if this is better or worse than what we had before.

https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/5340/versions

Here's the documentation for all the changes
(03-31-2020, 08:52 AM)Dinkleberg > Wrote: Bit of an update on this, he said he's not sure and servers kind of have to find what version works best for them.

I have reverted us back to version 2.0.11 this morning. Let me know if this is better or worse than what we had before.

I know you went back twice, and after the second time I haven't experienced any double hits.
(03-31-2020, 08:52 AM)Dinkleberg >:( Wrote: Bit of an update on this, he said he's not sure and servers kind of have to find what version works best for them.

Thanks for keeping us posted on this dink, appreciate the willingness to keep us updated.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
Hey guys,
Switched to version 2.0.8 - should fix the flare gun thing.

Sorry it took me so long to fix this - consider it a delayed April fool's joke. Let me know if double hits are still happening

*Server likely needs to restart to apply the fix