Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unpopular popular opinion

1. My analysis of competing hypotheses based on preliminary evidence inputted has determined the following: Keeping the jump has the least inconsistencies with the hypothesis, alternative by a negligible margin are second, and outright removal with no changes is last with the most inconsistencies. So in other words, Keeping it has the most benefits and is mainly consistent, alternatives is right up there with it, and removal has a lot of inconsistencies. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. Does this conclusion generally seem to be accurate? In a sense yes. So what the heck is ACH, why the hell did I use this? The truth is I got bored... BUT ACH is a useful tool to aid in identifying alternative scenarios for a range of different possibilities and rejecting certain hypotheses rather than confirming them. Rooting out multiple types of cognitive biases such as confirmation and anchor biases is another useful asset. However, the results/tool does not measure the severity in an accurate sense and would not determine which one would have the costliest consequences if it were to happen. It also does not show the relationship between several interconnected factors. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  3. So why am I saying this whole speel? Because to me, it seems like the possibility of outright removal can be rejected and either keeping it with some slight changes or finding alternatives are the best logistical options. So, if anyone has any alternatives or changes to the jump pack that might be useful, feel free to keep commenting and it can be looked into. These can start being looked into immediately but it won't be a fast or easy process. It can always be tested on test server to reject certain alternatives too. As I have said before, it is a complex issue that no one wins. People will complain about what happens to the jump pack regardless. They all have their benefits and their downsides. So our goal to come to a majority consensus based on logic and reality. It can be hard to do but not impossible.  

uh thanks for coming to my ted talk... continue to suggest things because admin mans and big brother will look down on this thread eventually, we should finally come to some sort conclusion so we avoid this whole biannual discussion that has been going in circles for years... to an extent.

my take is that keeping it has a lot of benefits that can have some minor changes to it and if a good and viable long-lasting alternative whether it be lower jp power/fall damage negation, whatever else, then that can work too. But there don't seem to be too many good ones out there atm. I still stand by everything I said in my previous comment on this thread

ok TLDR: don't read what's below or numbers, just read the bottom two sentences ahaha
[Image: 11388d78d56a11cf52e5f6a88817ddc9.png]
[Image: f8d4f0ffcc22d95adf0ba8db3d4c0beb.png]
[Image: e4e0063fa315e9eb28480c37029cc680.png]
So one thing is being tried out for one day or a few here to see how it runs--The jump pack power has been lowered down from 12 to about 8 as a starting point. We don't want to it be completely useless either and defeat the purpose of it so, let's see how this goes. It should be live on regular server

give feedback if you would like to
(01-16-2020, 04:48 PM)Gabe Wrote: So one thing is being tried out for one day or a few here to see how it runs--The jump pack power has been lowered down from 12 to about 8 as a starting point. We don't want to it be completely useless either and defeat the purpose of it so, let's see how this goes. It should be live

give feedback if you would like to

Test server? Or regular server

Regular server -Gabe
(12-16-2019, 02:02 AM)Noire ♜ Wrote: Actually, I don't think any of the weapons that are of higher tier rarity are 'p2w'.
They did use to be, however now, you need to be good in order to get them.

The crate only weapons are, on average, not worth the grind (except the val and vector):
The M24: high damage, but hindered by the EXCESSIVE zoom, the high sway, and the hip accuracy of a medieval catapult being carried by a horde of underfed slaves
The Bullshite: inferior to to the S&W in fire rate, accuracy, range, and I am pretty sure it the bullshite reloads slower, and it is only good due to its higher body shot damage, meaning people who have the accuracy of a potato (like me) will benefit from using it over the S&W more than those who can shoot
Are there any other crate-only weapons I missed?
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
Honestly so far i think its become a bit way too weak in my opinion we should put it on 9 or 10 to prevent head in ceiling and making it useful and your still able to survive falls well its either we completely remove it or we put it there.
Could also experiment with turning down sv_airaccell. IDK what it's at right now but it could potentially help. At least it might with my limited knowledge of how things work
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Like I said, it was just a one-day thing to test the waters and a starting point. It was bound to have problems. I think I've said before on here that lowering the power on jp beyond where it was would not really make it effective. It is most likely going to be reverted back to 12 and all further tests will be on the test server then possibly another small testing period on the main server, we don't want to make anything permanent atm. We're just testing the waters to see if there are any good alternatives that work for everyone and don't completely defeat the purpose of the jp and what makes it unique here

sv_airaccell might be something to try next