Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unpopular popular opinion
I have to agree with ice.

Right at the start of joining the server, the jet pack was instantly something I wanted due to the fact that it can be used as a way to survive shoot outs against those that don't have it.
(12-14-2019, 10:28 PM)Shinobimaru Wrote: I have to agree with ice.

Right at the start of joining the server, the jet pack was instantly something I wanted due to the fact that it can be used as a way to survive shoot outs against those that don't have it.

So we remove it and there goes the problem.
My biggest issue is some gaps become unclearable (like the inno motel t trap) and some easter eggs become damn near impossible to get (Like the skybox one on rooftops). I feel like lowering the gravity decrease on the jump pack would help, but I know that in the end that wouldn't really solve anything
But using the jump pack is so helpful and i will actually cry if it is removed so uh -1 i have no bad things to say about it considering i have more problems with people who bhop without a jump pack, plus i like the negated fall damage its saved my life so many times. < also i rarely see a problem with hitboxes and again people who bhop break their hitboxes not jump pack really
Cool
(12-14-2019, 11:19 PM)ChokeMeGrandpa Wrote: My biggest issue is some gaps become unclearable (like the inno motel t trap) and some easter eggs become damn near impossible to get (Like the skybox one on rooftops). I feel like lowering the gravity decrease on the jump pack would help, but I know that in the end that wouldn't really solve anything

Inno motel T trap is completely clearable w/o jump pack/bhopping, skybox easter egg on rooftops is easy with grapple hook

(12-14-2019, 11:20 PM)>Evee< Wrote: But using the jump pack is so helpful and i will actually cry if it is removed so uh -1 i have no bad things to say about it considering i have more problems with people who bhop without a jump pack, plus i like the negated fall damage its saved my life so many times. < also i rarely see a problem with hitboxes and again people who bhop break their hitboxes not jump pack really

bhopping without jump pack A. takes skill and B. is easier to hit than someone bhopping with the jump pack because their entire upper body is in the ceiling. 

You only need to be on server for about a minute to see someone break their hitbox with the jump pack. @A_Cat_Named_John does this every single round and I hope he burns in hell for it.
(12-14-2019, 08:40 PM)ice water turned atlantic Wrote: This has been suggested 300 million times and been shot down for no good reason, remove the jump pack so I can stop complaining about people who spam crouch jump and put their heads in the ceiling to break their hitbox

if not then spamming crouch jump should be considered an exploit

and if neither of these options work then this server will die ty

edit: basically the 1 good thing that the jump pack does, negating fall damage, is outweighed by the tons of bad things it does

People have been saying the server will die because of the jump pack since 2016 and the server hasn't died yet lol. Players actually stay on dinks because of the jump pack because of its "Noob Friendly" and "Unique" aspects because we're the only server who uses it and how it acts as a reward if you play long enough. I agree the jump pack is dogshit and rewards bad players but there's not an actual good replacement for it.  I'm still down for removing it tho
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
-1, TTT isn't supposed to be competitive, the jetpack makes the game fun for players and to your point that it makes people leave, I think it makes people stay. This is gmod and people are here to have a good time, and I guarantee if the jump pack is removed there will be more people upset than the vocal minority that and the same 10 people who frequently push for shit to be removed. Y'all cry over everything, manhacks, poison dart gun, transfusion kit. It's gonna get to the point where it's a vanilla server where no one is going to want to play because the constant crying stripped the server of what made it popular 2-3 years ago.
(12-15-2019, 03:38 AM)Fozzy Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 08:40 PM)ice water turned atlantic Wrote: This has been suggested 300 million times and been shot down for no good reason, remove the jump pack so I can stop complaining about people who spam crouch jump and put their heads in the ceiling to break their hitbox

if not then spamming crouch jump should be considered an exploit

and if neither of these options work then this server will die ty

edit: basically the 1 good thing that the jump pack does, negating fall damage, is outweighed by the tons of bad things it does

People have been saying the server will die because of the jump pack since 2016 and the server hasn't died yet lol. Players actually stay on dinks because of the jump pack because of its "Noob Friendly" and "Unique" aspects because we're the only server who uses it and how it acts as a reward if you play long enough. I agree the jump pack is dogshit and rewards bad players but there's not an actual good replacement for it.  I'm still down for removing it tho

Very fair point. 

If everybody reading this can look for a replacement that isn't double jump (because, no.) I'm sure we can figure something out.

Keep in mind I'm not saying we HAVE to remove the jump pack, there's always the possibility of lowering the jump boost it gives, considering crouch jump spamming an exploit, or something else that I can't think of because I just woke up

Thanks for the input, cutie <3

(12-15-2019, 11:32 AM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: -1, TTT isn't supposed to be competitive, the jetpack makes the game fun for players and to your point that it makes people leave, I think it makes people stay. This is gmod and people are here to have a good time, and I guarantee if the jump pack is removed there will be more people upset than the vocal minority that and the same 10 people who frequently push for shit to be removed. Y'all cry over everything, manhacks, poison dart gun, transfusion kit. It's gonna get to the point where it's a vanilla server where no one is going to want to play because the constant crying stripped the server of what made it popular 2-3 years ago.

While the jump pack can make the game fun for people, it also makes the experience less fun for others who are A. new to the server and can't hit somebody who's entire body/head hitbox are in the ceiling or B. everybody not using one because they don't like it and still having the problem mentioned in point A. Or somebody uses the grapple hook exploit and kills a player while flying across the map at mach 4. Sure, there's a rule in place for that one, but my point is, while a lot of people have fun with it, a lot of people have less fun with it.

Also notice that for a good portion of items we've removed, we've replaced them with other items that the community has positively responded to and that we've actually tested quite a bit. 

Garry's Mod is never going to be a perfect game. Dink's is never going to be a perfect server. But please, don't act as if a big change (i.e. removing the jump pack and replacing it with something mentioned in this thread, or doing something else with it) is going to suddenly kill the server. If people don't like it, revert the change and start back at square one. It's not that difficult.
(12-15-2019, 12:00 PM)Proper Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:32 AM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: -1, TTT isn't supposed to be competitive, the jetpack makes the game fun for players and to your point that it makes people leave, I think it makes people stay. This is gmod and people are here to have a good time, and I guarantee if the jump pack is removed there will be more people upset than the vocal minority that and the same 10 people who frequently push for shit to be removed. Y'all cry over everything, manhacks, poison dart gun, transfusion kit. It's gonna get to the point where it's a vanilla server where no one is going to want to play because the constant crying stripped the server of what made it popular 2-3 years ago.

Did you ever learn how to respond to things constructively or did your parents just browbeat you into being toxic at all times for no reason

How's that not constructive?

Anyways, the jump pack does have its pros and cons. I don't want it to be removed without being replaced by something. So maybe add double jump inplace where people could still make larger gaps. I know it won't be a perfect solution, but I feel it would be a better one.
(12-15-2019, 12:10 PM)Yeezy Jeezy Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 12:00 PM)Proper Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:32 AM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: -1, TTT isn't supposed to be competitive, the jetpack makes the game fun for players and to your point that it makes people leave, I think it makes people stay. This is gmod and people are here to have a good time, and I guarantee if the jump pack is removed there will be more people upset than the vocal minority that and the same 10 people who frequently push for shit to be removed. Y'all cry over everything, manhacks, poison dart gun, transfusion kit. It's gonna get to the point where it's a vanilla server where no one is going to want to play because the constant crying stripped the server of what made it popular 2-3 years ago.

Did you ever learn how to respond to things constructively or did your parents just browbeat you into being toxic at all times for no reason

How's that not constructive?

Anyways, the jump pack does have its pros and cons. I don't want it to be removed without being replaced by something. So maybe add double jump inplace where people could still make larger gaps. I know it won't be a perfect solution, but I feel it would be a better one.

Those larger gaps aren't supposed to be accessible. Double jump is just an overall bad addon. 

I'm thinking something like MiniMe suggested with the addon that falling while crouching = mostly negated fall damage. Only problem is I've heard it locks you in the animation while falling.