Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unpopular popular opinion
(12-15-2019, 12:00 PM)Proper Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:32 AM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: -1, TTT isn't supposed to be competitive, the jetpack makes the game fun for players and to your point that it makes people leave, I think it makes people stay. This is gmod and people are here to have a good time, and I guarantee if the jump pack is removed there will be more people upset than the vocal minority that and the same 10 people who frequently push for shit to be removed. Y'all cry over everything, manhacks, poison dart gun, transfusion kit. It's gonna get to the point where it's a vanilla server where no one is going to want to play because the constant crying stripped the server of what made it popular 2-3 years ago.

Did you ever learn how to respond to things constructively or did your parents just browbeat you into being toxic at all times for no reason

How's that not constructive?

Anyways, the jump pack does have its pros and cons. I don't want it to be removed without being replaced by something. So maybe add double jump inplace where people could still make larger gaps. I know it won't be a perfect solution, but I feel it would be a better one.
(12-15-2019, 12:10 PM)Yeezy Jeezy Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 11:32 AM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: -1, TTT isn't supposed to be competitive, the jetpack makes the game fun for players and to your point that it makes people leave, I think it makes people stay. This is gmod and people are here to have a good time, and I guarantee if the jump pack is removed there will be more people upset than the vocal minority that and the same 10 people who frequently push for shit to be removed. Y'all cry over everything, manhacks, poison dart gun, transfusion kit. It's gonna get to the point where it's a vanilla server where no one is going to want to play because the constant crying stripped the server of what made it popular 2-3 years ago.

Did you ever learn how to respond to things constructively or did your parents just browbeat you into being toxic at all times for no reason

How's that not constructive?

Anyways, the jump pack does have its pros and cons. I don't want it to be removed without being replaced by something. So maybe add double jump inplace where people could still make larger gaps. I know it won't be a perfect solution, but I feel it would be a better one.

Those larger gaps aren't supposed to be accessible. Double jump is just an overall bad addon. 

I'm thinking something like MiniMe suggested with the addon that falling while crouching = mostly negated fall damage. Only problem is I've heard it locks you in the animation while falling.
neutral tbh if we want the jetpack gone we are gonna have to ACTUALLY balance guns not having guns SHADOW BUFFED and ill consider agreeing
(12-15-2019, 12:35 PM)Meeemo Wrote: neutral tbh if we want the jetpack gone we are gonna have to ACTUALLY balance guns not having guns SHADOW BUFFED and ill consider agreeing

what if i told you the guns are balanced but you just can't hit with them because of the jumpack ghandi hopping exploit
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I feel like double jump would be much worse than just keeping the jump pack
(12-15-2019, 12:52 PM)Evil Otto Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 12:35 PM)Meeemo Wrote: neutral tbh if we want the jetpack gone we are gonna have to ACTUALLY balance guns not having guns SHADOW BUFFED and ill consider agreeing

what if i told you the guns are balanced but you just can't hit with them because of the jumpack ghandi hopping exploit

Also double jump Garbo please never add it.

He’s not talking about the guns being bad and needing a buff. He’s talking about the guns that are super op and need to be balanced where you don’t need to stick your head into a roof to get away from them. (M16)
remove lump pack it's a legal exploit.
(12-15-2019, 11:32 AM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: -1, TTT isn't supposed to be competitive, the jetpack makes the game fun for players and to your point that it makes people leave, I think it makes people stay. This is gmod and people are here to have a good time, and I guarantee if the jump pack is removed there will be more people upset than the vocal minority that and the same 10 people who frequently push for shit to be removed. Y'all cry over everything, manhacks, poison dart gun, transfusion kit. It's gonna get to the point where it's a vanilla server where no one is going to want to play because the constant crying stripped the server of what made it popular 2-3 years ago.

You have a weird obsession with worrying about me too much. The personal attacks on a suggestion thread where I made a legit argument is not needed and you are being hypocritical.
Lets keep this on topic, this is an actually important thing that needs to be addressed on the server

remove the jumpack 2k19
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Nobody "wins" the jump pack argument. People are always gonna complain about the jump pack regardless of what happens with it. With the jump pack, if you jump in some rooms your head goes in the ceiling. But if you lower the jump pack's power beyond where it is now, it's not that useful anymore. Some people like that the jump pack is "unique," negates fall damage, etc. It could piss some people off of it gets removed. So again, no one wins. So altering the jump pack is just an overall bad idea, that should not happen. Leaving it the way it is, removing it completely, or finding a good alternative to it are the best three options. Double Jump is bad, that will never happen. I'm not against exploring other options, but it's a complex issue to resolve.