Dinkleberg's GMod
And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the DOOM SLAyTER - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: TTT Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+----- Forum: Approved (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+----- Thread: And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the DOOM SLAyTER (/showthread.php?tid=17537)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the DOOM SLAyTER - slater - 12-04-2022

Ingame Name: slater

Sponsors: @Wrom, @Quantum_Edge, @Damien, @Laced Xanax, Necromaka, @"Sad_ti84", @yeat, @Grump 

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:90030088
Discord Tag: slater#0018

Time Played: 506.4 hours

When First Joined: Nov 15, 2017 6:20 P.M.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 
US Mountain (MST/MDT) 
8 A.M. - 12 A.M. Sunday - Saturday

Rank Desired: Moderator

Current Rank: Test Moderator

What can you do to help the community: 

What I do as a TMOD currently: 
I'll keep this short and simple, but what I have previously done and still do is create ban requests with necessary information needed for ban requests as well plenty more evidence provided on our watchlists. I have used bring, karma, and fspec/unspec multiple times when they were necessary, such as, bringing stuck players, karma banning cheaters, mass rdmers, or mingers who reach a certain point threshold and spectating players who are cheating to record them for ban requests to put it up in the watchlist. I am very active in completing reports and taking as many reports as I can be able to, which will continue our games without leaving a report open and abandoned. I have been very active in both our discord and forums to give feedback for our serious topics as well as include a positive and fun environment for our community, whether that be new, current, or returning players. I'm well informed and knowledgeable of our rules as well as certain in other areas that are iffy or not well informed such as current exploits, sexual harassment/harassment, ghosting, and etc. I currently test out many new implementations or changes in our test server to give critical feedback and test out new features to make sure they function properly for them to be implemented. 

What I can do as a Moderator:
What I can do as a moderator is mitigate and reduce the empty times where moderators are needed during late nights or even certain days when our moderators are busy or not online. (No shade to our moderators, they do an amazing job everyday!) With the given powers, the biggest instrument for me would be the ban powers. It will help me to be able to give out bans that are necessary for mass rdmers, cheaters, and people who pass the point threshold without having to ping late at night or during times when moderators are not on or busy to diminish the need to make ban requests. Teleporting powers would be a minor, but helpful tool, in helping others stuck without having to go into spectator to teleport them. I have currently helped a bit training and/or helping previous staff members about new features added + aide them in other problems that arise or situations where they are stuck. I would be able to help brand new staff members and train them as during my time, I had somewhat of a bit of training but I was very lost during my first two weeks as a new staff member. This huge gap of training can be handled and allow me to help others as well as give them experiences and solutions. Being a mod will also allow me to discuss various topics or changes in our community ranging from rules to staff discretion and feedback that may be necessary. I am very level headed in keeping my emotions and being open-minded in anything that may need some input to be able to make the right decision or use/create feedback while providing concepts or ideas that can be presented for our dev team and our admins. 

Why you want to help the community: While being a mod would be very aiding, to me, I find it very aiding to be a helpful, friendly, open, and somewhat of an outgoing person that can help others in the our community. I personally thrive off of being a better version of myself while being better for the community and lending a hand wherever it is needed. I want to be able to keep the gears running and make sure that this community has a good staff team that they can rely on as well as allow them to enjoy our community and our own TTT server. I very much enjoy playing with you all and try to keep it fair and fun for everyone. I find this community like my second family and I want to allow us to be able to thrive and grow together. Gaining experience from this community can allow me to be able to understand players as well as be able to be a mod for people that they can rely on and have fun with. 

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): No.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): Trusted Application | Test Moderator Application

How did you find us?: I was scrolling through, randomly picked this server, and found a TTT server that I very much enjoy to this day   Heart

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes

Other: Give feedback/experiences you've had previously as well as give questions if you have any. Sorry for the atrocious formatting and font changes last application, hopefully it's way better than previously. Hope you all have an amazing month, Thank you for Reading!  Heart
Other 2: The Doom Slayer

RE: And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the DOOM SLAyTER - BIIG_SAD - 12-04-2022

+1

man's an awesome Tmod. I can firmly say that, while friends with this man, he has served me every last slay that I deserve.

full edit part one: Yes. I think Slater brings such a unique thing to this community: levity. A lot of times, I see mods take staffing (too) seriously. what I mean by this is that sometimes we tend to let the staffing part go to our heads, and stop having fun. Slater seems to keep this balance well while being a figurehead in this community. 

godspeed

RE: And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the DOOM SLAyTER - Wrom - 12-04-2022

+1 Slater is doing a good job and I think would be a fine mod and help the server when there are no mods needed good luck buddy

RE: And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the DOOM SLAyTER - NECRO - 12-04-2022

+1
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.gamer-network.net%2...ipo=images]

RE: And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the DOOM SLAyTER - lacer - 12-04-2022

+1. lets me use racial slurs in his discord.

also does the staff things good

RE: And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the DOOM SLAyTER - grif - 12-04-2022

+1, slater knows how to be a good mod, he knows how to balance seriousness and fun while still doing what needs to be done. Slater is truly twizz

edit: now comes the waiting...

RE: And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the DOOM SLAyTER - Ryan722 - 12-04-2022

+1, with slightly more to add

Slater's staffing ability isn't really in question here imo. Knows the rules; takes reports, awarns, mutes/gags seriously when necessary; etc. He's also very active in requesting warn threshold bans and making ban requests. Knows what he's doing and does it actively and effectively.

Those things said, I'd personally like to see you have more confidence in your intuition and your decisions. Staffing is collaborative, but as Mod you're going to have to trust what you've read in the guidelines/discord and what you've seen as precedent on the server, and I think that will be good development for you as Moderator.

Also, pleasee stop taking like three reports at once. Getting to reports as fast as you physically can is cool ig, but letting reports be a team affair is cooler and typically leads to them getting handled faster in the long run. Especially as Mod, it may also be better at times to let newer staff gain some experience with handling reports.

I think you're a great Tmod and will make a great mod, just keep these things in mind as you move forward. Good luck :)

RE: And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the DOOM SLAyTER - slater - 12-04-2022

(12-04-2022, 03:34 AM)Ryan722 Wrote: +1, with slightly more to add

Slater's staffing ability isn't really in question here imo. Knows the rules; takes reports, awarns, mutes/gags seriously when necessary; etc. He's also very active in requesting warn threshold bans and making ban requests. Knows what he's doing and does it actively and effectively.

Those things said, I'd personally like to see you have more confidence in your intuition and your decisions. Staffing is collaborative, but as Mod you're going to have to trust what you've read in the guidelines/discord and what you've seen as precedent on the server, and I think that will be good development for you as Moderator.

Also, pleasee stop taking like three reports at once. Getting to reports as fast as you physically can is cool ig, but letting reports be a team affair is cooler and typically leads to them getting handled faster in the long run. Especially as Mod, it may also be better at times to let newer staff gain some experience with handling reports.

I think you're a great Tmod and will make a great mod, just keep these things in mind as you move forward. Good luck :)
Thank you for the constructive criticism. I have taken into account now to ease on reports even though I do have temptations and still do it sometimes, but I'll keep this in mind! I definitely am confident in 90% in my decisions for about most of the encounters I have, there are issues where I question topics we don't talk a lot or that I don't check reports thoroughly but I have been getting better in being confident with my decisions. I do read the guidelines/rules during games where I need to look through and also go back every so often try to make sure I read them right. I'll keep both in mind! Thank you once again! :)

RE: And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the DOOM SLAyTER - Dildo Shwaggins - 12-04-2022

+1, always been great at staffing and fun to play with. Would be excellent addition on mod team

RE: And those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the DOOM SLAyTER - Icey - 12-04-2022

+1 but please cut down on the paragraphs……make sure you are having fun too.