Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ph_dimmsdale what to fix
Either making some props lighter or having more props be static would fix the problem where you have to shoot basically everything. I get where he's coming from, it's annoying
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(03-26-2020, 07:16 AM)TheUltraFish Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 07:12 AM)Near Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 09:38 PM)Mantis Wrote: Can the damage to hunter be changed to taking 5 health per shot instead of per pellet with the shotgun. Ie: shooting the couch with the double shot and taking 60 damage. I havent played dimmsdale for a while so i'm not sure if this was fixed.

As in on just map or in general cuz I'd rather not buff the excutioner

He's talking map some props when you shoot them take away a lot of health even if only shot once on that map. Not to say other maps aren't guilty of this but it is commonplace on dimmsdale

Interesting, did not know of this as I dont play a lot of prophunt but I will definitely try and fix this

Ok i just really dont understand why the shotgun deals that much damage. On ph_ratrun_sewer if you shoot the tire with a shotgun it deals 5 damage but I copied and pasted the same exact prop into my map and it dealt like 30 damage. If someone understands how to fix this please let me know because I am lost.

My Maps
been here since September 2016
I don’t know how to fix it but from what I can tell the damage is taken based on the pellets that connect instead of the shot as a whole. If 6 of the pellets land it’s 30 damage and if all 12 land it’s 60 on the double shot. I don’t know how the map editor works or why the damage changes between maps but if it’s possible you might be able to classify the pelts as a group and have them damage the player based on what the group as a whole connects with. This would probably effect damage on real prop players and I’m not sure if it’s possible to do, just my best guess.
(03-27-2020, 06:01 PM)Mantis Wrote: I don’t know how to fix it but from what I can tell the damage is taken based on the pellets that connect instead of the shot as a whole. If 6 of the pellets land it’s 30 damage and if all 12 land it’s 60 on the double shot. I don’t know how the map editor works or why the damage changes between maps but if it’s possible you might be able to classify the pelts as a group and have them damage the player based on what the group as a whole connects with. This would probably effect damage on real prop players and I’m not sure if it’s possible to do, just my best guess.

Well, that's the way it's SUPPOSED to behave, notice how shooting a barrel with a shotgun only deals 5 damage like it should.. I have no idea what's different about the custom props of dimmsdale and custom props on other maps
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(03-27-2020, 06:08 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 06:01 PM)Mantis Wrote: I don’t know how to fix it but from what I can tell the damage is taken based on the pellets that connect instead of the shot as a whole. If 6 of the pellets land it’s 30 damage and if all 12 land it’s 60 on the double shot. I don’t know how the map editor works or why the damage changes between maps but if it’s possible you might be able to classify the pelts as a group and have them damage the player based on what the group as a whole connects with. This would probably effect damage on real prop players and I’m not sure if it’s possible to do, just my best guess.

Well, that's the way it's SUPPOSED to behave, notice how shooting a barrel with a shotgun only deals 5 damage like it should.. I have no idea what's different about the custom props of dimmsdale and custom props on other maps

Its not just the custom props though, I used a normal hl2 tire in my tests. Only dealt 5 damage on ph_ratrun_sewer but when copy and pasted into ph_dimmsdale it deals like 30.

My Maps
been here since September 2016