Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum warning appeal (or something..)
Hello,

My forum warning level is at 60% with three warnings at 20% each, all three for shitposting. I actually like the forum warning system, I'm glad it's being used, but the latest warning I received has me in a "moderator approved post" only mode where replies I make are not instantly available until approved. This is annoying, but I like the feature and I normally wouldn't be upset, but in the case of my latest warning, I don't think it was very justified..

First and foremost, yes I shitpost more than I should. I browse this forum because I'm bored and probably procrastinating something important. I don't actually play these servers anymore, because I don't enjoy video games that much. I've given up on helping out with anything because nothing actually gets done, to the fault of one rather slow link in the management process.. but at this point I'm mostly here to banter with fellow forum users and maybe throw some shade at some policies I don't like. Take that of what you like.

The warning in question was on this thread. The post is now deleted (if you are a donor you can see where it says it was deleted, matt pls fix), but it read:

Quote:he rdmed mee >:((((( -1 with community ban

+1 free this man

Obviously not the most serious reply, but it's a video game forum, not "gamer congress" as one guy put it. Being proper and stuck up about an unban request for killing three people doesn't sit well with me. Still, this post conveys my stance on his unban in a sarcastic but straightforward manner (i.e. my usual shtick of "Mass RDM permabans are dumb, please unban this person, I like them.) I do not have a problem with these kinds of threads being held to a higher quality standard for its posts, as long as it is outlined in the forum rules, and the policy is enforced uniformly. This is not done:

1. Policy not in forum rules: The shitposting rule on the forums (what I was warned for violating in this case) states "Do not repost the same thread or reply to a thread with the intention of cluttering space or derailing a topic." I did not post to the thread with the intention to clutter or derail the thread. My post was obviously not that serious, but it did properly represent how I felt about his unban and the Mass RDM permaban policy, and I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want him to be unbanned.
    I would, again, have no problem if "sillier" posts were not allowed in unban request threads, but that isn't mentioned in the forum rules other than making shitpost threads in important sections like the staff application section.

2. Policy not enforced uniformly - See this image. This post is not deleted, and the poster was not warned for it, despite it containing the same message (i.e. please unban this person, I like them) as my post, which was warned. I do not think this is very fair. Furthermore, I made nearly the exact same post less than a month ago on a different unban request, which remains undeleted and I was not warned for posting it.

TL;DR I got warned for something that I don't really think I should have been warned for. I should tighten up a bit on the forums, because what ends up happening is I just refresh the main page endlessly out of habit and slowly lose my mind until I post something that's kinda funny. Need to find something else to endlessly refresh so my posts can become a bit higher quality on here..
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(05-03-2021, 11:48 AM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: Hello,

My forum warning level is at 60% with three warnings at 20% each, all three for shitposting. I actually like the forum warning system, I'm glad it's being used, but the latest warning I received has me in a "moderator approved post" only mode where replies I make are not instantly available until approved. This is annoying, but I like the feature and I normally wouldn't be upset, but in the case of my latest warning, I don't think it was very justified.

Past 50% warning level the forums will automatically put the account in moderation for 1 week. The rest to follow in red.

First and foremost, yes I shitpost more than I should. I browse this forum because I'm bored and probably procrastinating something important. I don't actually play these servers anymore, because I don't enjoy video games that much. I've given up on helping out with anything because nothing actually gets done, to the fault of one rather slow link in the management process.. but at this point I'm mostly here to banter with fellow forum users and maybe throw some shade at some policies I don't like. Take that of what you like.

I'll start here. Just the other day, after already having 2 existing warnings on forums, you necro'd one of you other threads from February. Instead of applying another warning then I decided to give you and milly a warning through discord to not push your luck as it would lead to you being moderated. Not only was the thread past its time, there is nothing the general community can do at this point for the thread no matter how well the proposed addon might help the server. At this point it is a matter between dink and the admin team if it gets anywhere. Regardless you two have been on a thin line and that contributed to the 3rd warning.

The warning in question was on this thread. The post is now deleted (if you are a donor you can see where it says it was deleted, matt pls fix), but it read:

The post showing is purposeful, admins and some moderators in certain sections have button to show the message while the general body should just see the delete. Without it the posts would not disappear, instead there would be a gap it would shrink the amount of messages shown per page. For example 3 deleted posts would allow only 7 posts to show, leading to an unbalanced amount of posts shown per page (normally 10). 

Quote:he rdmed mee >:((((( -1 with community ban

+1 free this man

Obviously not the most serious reply, but it's a video game forum, not "gamer congress" as one guy put it. Being proper and stuck up about an unban request for killing three people doesn't sit well with me. Still, this post conveys my stance on his unban in a sarcastic but straightforward manner (i.e. my usual shtick of "Mass RDM permabans are dumb, please unban this person, I like them.) I do not have a problem with these kinds of threads being held to a higher quality standard for its posts, as long as it is outlined in the forum rules, and the policy is enforced uniformly. This is not done:

1. Policy not in forum rules: The shitposting rule on the forums (what I was warned for violating in this case) states "Do not repost the same thread or reply to a thread with the intention of cluttering space or derailing a topic." I did not post to the thread with the intention to clutter or derail the thread. My post was obviously not that serious, but it did properly represent how I felt about his unban and the Mass RDM permaban policy, and I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want him to be unbanned.
    I would, again, have no problem if "sillier" posts were not allowed in unban request threads, but that isn't mentioned in the forum rules other than making shitpost threads in important sections like the staff application section.                              (Jesus Christ the formatting is fighting me) The policy wording is part of an update to the rules, intended for last weekend, yet it is already there. See the additional bit in the rules you posted of "Do not post in important sections without proper form or reason." Important sections applies to any thread that requires a form (unban, ban, app, abuse) and the responses therein. Other admin announcements may apply but generally a "serious" or "important" thread will fall into an above section. Considering that you have posted above no play time in the server you would have no reason to give an input on the unban itself. The unban section is not a place to draw the line on how you feel about permabans, you have made that clear already, with such a "silly" structure to your post. +1 free this man does not give reason with any weight; similarly +1 good guy would not fly on an application. You spent more time on the jab at the perma rule so...
  2. Policy not enforced uniformly - See this image. This post is not deleted, and the poster was not warned for it, despite it containing the same message (i.e. please unban this person, I like them) as my post, which was warned. I do not think this is very fair. Furthermore, I made nearly the exact same post less than a month ago on a different unban request, which remains undeleted and I was not warned for posting it.
         You would have a much stronger case pointing out other posts in different threads. Specifically this post was only passed over because it comes from the banning mod. Said mod giving any indication carries weight in of itself. I am also not going to hunt down a post so far back or even while I was gone. The previous moderation or lack of neither reflects how the warn system was intended to be used in my absence nor the future use and rules. Even if he should have given some more thought to the post...

TL;DR I got warned for something that I don't really think I should have been warned for. I should tighten up a bit on the forums, because what ends up happening is I just refresh the main page endlessly out of habit and slowly lose my mind until I post something that's kinda funny. Need to find something else to endlessly refresh so my posts can become a bit higher quality on here..

I would suggest another game or hobby. Sitting at home refreshing social media pages has helped no one. A sport perhaps, or another game that has either an active community or enough depth to it to keep your mind from wandering. I spent quite some time distancing myself from how connected I was to the drama and other toxicity that was present in the community before returning to any role. Setting clear boundaries will help manage your time involved. Take the remainder of the week to put some thought to this end. 
This thread does not set a system for appealing warnings. If such a system is set in place it will be announced. I thought it would be fair to respond to this appeal in this specific case.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon