by popular request
Ingame Name: 
HONG
SteamID: 
STEAM_0:0:181855199
Discord Tag:
HONG#1999
Time Played: 
2W 2D 10H 35M (387.5 hours or 23251 minutes)
When First Joined: 
May 11, 2021 (71 days ago at the time of posting)
Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 
Currently available during the afternoon-evening (11 AM-1 AM), Eastern Standard Time
Rank Desired: 
Trusted
Current Rank: 
Donor (Regular)
What can you do to help the community: 
I'm well familiarized with the rules and staff guidelines, and have enjoyed assisting staff members in keeping the servers enjoyable to play on for the past month+. Becoming staff myself would help me accomplish this better, as the issue I most commonly see on the server is not having anyone to handle reports. 
Why you want to help the community: 
As stated, I enjoy playing on the servers, and additionally enjoy having others be able to having fun, as well. I've made a fair few friends despite my relatively short time here, and both them and others should be able to have a fun experience playing; I'd like to help make that the case. 
Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): 
No. 
Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): 
No. 
How did you find us?: 
Joined off of a friend, following the death of another TTT server we both played. 
Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): 
Yes. 
Other: 
please note i am a punk
I was recommended multiple times to make this by staff, friends, and sometimes both. I was tempted to wait a while longer to make sure my behavior's been completely straightened out, but a certain staff member said they had "zero idea" of how much of an ass I could be, so I saw no reason.
Regardless of the outcome, I'm interested to see what points others raise, so I can learn and improve; I'll also continue to help staff with reports, etc. as long as I'm available.
Hong has a great presence on the server. I have seen him assist and provide insight to new players and staff alike for a variety of issues. In regards to his "punkness", I have never seen him blatantly attack or go after someone (aside from some annoyance time to time stemming from the stupidity that comes from stupid players...but even then its minor). I believe Hong would make a great addition to the server because of his overall commanding presence, calm and humorous demeanor, and his daily playtime. +1
+1 brother was division leader of a tf2 community and it was 90% furries so he has experience guys

hong has good understanding of the rules and knows how to balance rule breaking and fun and isnt hitler he banned me 500 times before so -1 but +1 because he is my brother
I don't think there is a better candidate for staff on the server. skill wise one of the best players, attitude wise one of the friendliest, funniest, and gets along well with anyone, and is one of the most active players. I don't think a +1 does justice so I'll do a +10
Hong is great. He’s always following the rules, never rdming or causing trouble. He’s silly at times but definitely knows when to be mature. He’s a really active member both in game and the forums. I believe he’s a friendly and knowledgeable player who would be a fantastic addition to the staff team. 

+1 Good luck, Hong!
(07-21-2021, 02:00 AM)HONG Wrote: -snip-
please note i am a punk
-snip-
Regardless of the outcome, I'm interested to see what points others raise, so I can learn and improve; I'll also continue to help staff with reports, etc. as long as I'm available.
Hi Hong, thank you for applying for staff.

I've seen you in this community for a decent while now. I remembered when you and some of your friends first joined. You were so good I spent close to an hour specing for hacks and monitoring for ghosting.
But, as it turns out, you weren't ghosting. You weren't cheating. You and your friends were good FPS players looking to chill in a new TTT community.
And here we now are.

I think you have a good grasp on the only real issue that may prevent you from being staff, which is your behavior. You are a very competitive person and I feel your competitive drive sometimes makes you combative.

All of that being said you have been incredibly helpful to us. You have advocated for the issues of the community and are very active in all aspects of our community via forums and discord.

I feel that if you are able to work on keeping a clear head in times of chaos, I think you would make a great trusted.

I guess my main question is, do you want to be staff?
I feel like you play here to have fun. By joining the staff team, you will be viewed differently by your fellow players - all of a sudden, you are expected to "do your job" instead of just jumping on to kill some time.

Given everything I've seen I believe HONG would make a great addition to the staff team.
I will give him a +1 at this stage.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(07-21-2021, 09:28 AM)Jammin Wrote: all of a sudden, you are expected to "do your job"
Since when do people expect TTT staff to do anything 

-1 just because you're weirdly competitive about a game with no stakes and the fact that you have a reputation for that doesn't bode well for you
I guess it's kind of tradition to make this kind of response to one's own app:

Many thanks to everyone who's already responded in such a short time. I've greatly enjoyed reading all of the responses, in part because people have already raised great points that I can improve upon. I feel obligated to respond to a few good points in particular.

(07-21-2021, 09:28 AM)Jammin Wrote: I guess my main question is, do you want to be staff?
I feel like you play here to have fun. By joining the staff team, you will be viewed differently by your fellow players - all of a sudden, you are expected to "do your job" instead of just jumping on to kill some time.

I'll start by saying that I'm here to have fun-- I'm also highly aware that part of that, however, is placing the fun of others before your own. I probably should have mentioned that I did staff a great deal in another source game (TF2), and am familiar with this part when it comes to the ins and outs of being staff. I've recently been getting back into this mindset as I've thought more and more about applying for staff after being recommended to do so, and have gotten on at times when staff are otherwise unavailable solely to gather evidence for a ban request. Again, I'm here to have fun, but both that and placing the enjoyment of others before your own stem from the same basic desire to have and maintain an enjoyable environment, which I believe I possess.
This is probably starting to sound defensive rather than accepting at this point, which isn't how I meant to write it, since all of what you've written contains awesome points that I'll continue to think about and work on. Thanks again for the detailed response.

(07-21-2021, 10:04 AM)Reina Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 09:28 AM)Jammin Wrote: all of a sudden, you are expected to "do your job"
Since when do people expect TTT staff to do anything 
I'd be lying if I said I haven't made this same exact criticism against staff I found to be largely inactive, and was told to apply for staff myself. That's why I'm here. Take that as you will.

Thanks again to everyone for taking time out of their day to respond, even at 4 AM like some.
Being competitive isn't inherently a bad thing. The problem arises when you let that competitiveness get in the way of you actually having fun with the game. I haven't seen this happen with HONG in the time he's been in this community. 

You remind me a lot of myself when I first went for staff back in 2018. You've already shown that you want to help out, you're not afraid to voice your opinion even if it goes against the majority, etc, etc make this guy staff already thanks

+1 if you unbind your jump and crouch keys
(07-21-2021, 11:28 AM)Dinkleberg's Drama Tierlist Wrote: +1 if you unbind your jump and crouch keys
-1 to unbinding jump and crouch keys +1 to +1ing me anyways