Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc
bumping for additional feedback
I now shall give a more detailed response to the criticism that I've received on this thread, rather than thanking and acknowledging your opinions and honesty. No, I am not going to be toxic or express anger, as I am glad people are being honest; I just am going to make a defense against some of these criticisms. 

The criticism I've received here has been very warranted; as I stated on the initial post of this thread, I was not expecting this to be a "we're all in support for you!" type of post because of my strike history and the 2020 tenure I had as staff.

What I do find to be just a little bit confusing is that support changed to opposition using the argument "after reviewing your strikes." If this were the first initial take, I wouldn't be bringing this up, as it's completely warranted; however, what the sudden change of opinion and vote implies that my strike history that I provided (so you wouldn't have to look up my discord ID) either was skimmed over or just not even read. Maybe it's just a misinterpretation on my part, but that's the impression I get. (song reference)

Second, let's talk about this "pedo jokes" comment that I've seen.

BEFORE I say anything else about this, I need you to understand I am NOT DEFENDING these kinds of jokes. Even if they have merit behind being made, they're not appropriate and toxic. I am simply clarifying what happened in detail.

I remember exactly what happened with that strike, so I'd like to clarify the situation. Throwing around the term "pedo jokes" is vague and can be interpreted many ways. For example, you could interpret that as me an inappropriate comment to a minor, calling an individual in the server a pedophile without merit, etc. The joke that was made was where I called PropHunt "pedo hub" because Gebe got community banned for doing said action. I was fairly given a strike for it, as it was an incredibly insensitive joke. What I don't think is a fair take is to make it a plural, acting as if I made several.

I am not considering the "jailbait" joke (which was more so a reference to Damien being called that by ThePhoneix than me actually calling him that) I made to Damien as a pedo joke, which is why it was not administered as "pedo joke." Again, I was rightfully given a strike for that, as it was again, an insensitive comment. 

I've already said everything I needed to say about the leaking staff chat ban I recieved, so I won't waste any more time regurgitating the same statements. If you cannot trust me at the moment because of that, I get that entirely. What I did was idiotic; as Battons and Quartz stated, an argument that I shouldn't be allowed to staff here again is a very valid and fair comment to make. 

What I will say in defense into these comments, is the last time I had caused any trouble was June 26th, 2021. That was 6 months ago which to me, is not that recent, August; if these were a month-2 old, I'd agree with this idea that they're recent.

People can change in 6 months. At that time, I was hanging out with a toxic friend group that was outside from Dink's and their antics rubbed off on me, which is why I caused so much trouble over that stretch of April-June.  Again, let me reiterate this for the fifth time now. I AM NOT trying to argue that these strikes were unwarranted or make excuses for them. I was being an idiotic prick and was punished accordingly. 

So, my question is this: if you want me to wait before I reapply again (August, Quartz, and others), how long should I wait?

If I'm denied on this request, I do have one request. Jammin, I would like you to at least put a 3-month probation period, meaning I wouldn't be able to reapply until April, which would be a year after my first ban from the discord. 

Thank you all again for your time. If you want to ask me questions, I suggest you DM me so I can get back to you sooner.

Appreciate you all,

David.
~Salty
Good Morning David.

At this current point in time, I am going to not recommend you for discord staff.

I took the time to read through some of your previous staff applications, Threads, Unban Requests and Shitposts (The ones not in shitposting) and other discord messages.

So I ask you, what has changed really? 
To quote from an old post (In https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=13144 ) (Yes this thread is over a year old but we will get to why later)

"Why am I bringing this up? Simple. I wish to be banned off the forums. I do not want to be community banned since I want to still have access to the discord, but that is simply so I can play games with people in the community such as Jackbox, Shellshock, etc.

I'll even go as far as to ask for the restricted role for TTT, Prophunt, DR and Murder so I cannot even communicate in any of those channels, just so I don't end up potentially causing issues. If I do end up causing shit on the discord, administer a strike, and if it happens again, ban me permanently with no chance of appeal."

I do count you as being one of my dinks friends and your fun to hang around with, but you have done the 180 flip a few times now that I don't think that 6 months is long enough for the trust need to be staff (And discord staff at that knowing the history).

My recommendation is to take this:
"If I'm denied on this request, I do have one request. Jammin, I would like you to at least put a 3-month probation period, meaning I wouldn't be able to reapply until April, which would be a year after my first ban from the discord."
and extending it to June 26th, 2021, 1 year since your last strike. If you wait that long without incident, People should have no reason to -1 your next application. 

Love ya Salty. 
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
(01-12-2022, 07:01 PM)KaptainLes Wrote: I do count you as being one of my dinks friends and your fun to hang around with, but you have done the 180 flip a few times now that I don't think that 6 months is long enough for the trust need to be staff (And discord staff at that knowing the history).
My recommendation is to take this:
"If I'm denied on this request, I do have one request. Jammin, I would like you to at least put a 3-month probation period, meaning I wouldn't be able to reapply until April, which would be a year after my first ban from the discord."
and extending it to June 26th, 2021, 1 year since your last strike. If you wait that long without incident, People should have no reason to -1 your next application. 

This is why I value our friendship so much; you didn't express any bias in favor of me and hit me with the most honest to God feedback I've seen in a minute. I will do this; I won't reapply until June 26th, 2022, regardless of what the timestamp of when I can actually reapply. I think that's a brilliant idea.

I answered your question of "what's changed" in DMs (if staff want to see that response, I give you full consent to send it to the rest of the staff if they want to see it.) I just didn't want to share that response here because it most definitely is not something I would feel comfortable posting publicly, just to be completely honest. 

However, I'll give a redacted version here. 

Basically, I was at rock bottom in terms of mental/emotional stability and used acting out on a gmod community as a way of coping with my own shortcomings. (Pathetic, I know, but it's the truth.)  I really wasn't that serious about trying to change how I was acting until around mid-July of 2021. I analyzed things that were going on in my life and sought to eliminate sources of stress that were in my control (I.E. The old friend group I had known for 6 years, which was a difficult decision to make but I'm very glad I made it.) 

To give you an idea of how much different I acted before that to after I did it, my own mother told me "You're not even the same person anymore" in a positive way after I decided to stop talking/playing/interacting with that group on a daily basis. I was no longer confrontational, petty, or obnoxious. Yes, I still crack jokes, but as Lemon stated, I no longer do it at someone's expense because I know how shitty that is now. 

Even if I cannot prove it to everyone here that I'm not that same person due to the carnage I caused in the past, I know that I'm not the "Salty" you all knew back then. 

I will not make any further responses on here, as I've been told by Jammin that he plans to either make a closing statement tonight or tomorrow; again, I really appreciate everyone taking the time and expressing feedback, especially the criticism. The only way I can develop trust is by proving through my actions that I'm not that edgy attention seeker I once was to everyone, not just my friends. 

Thank you.
Hello,

First to clarify some things. Salty's presentation of his strikes and actions are pretty accurate. He came very close to a ban last year due to his actions, and left the community before doing so at that time. His presentation of his actions are accurate, and his remorse for his actions are clear. I'm not going to dive into them too deeply as he gets his actions were shitty and appears to have changed his ways.

I did want to clarify his two strikes in relation to pedophilic jokes. The first was him making the joke "Pedo Hub" shortly after the banning of Gebriel, a former PH staff who was banned for inappropriate conduct (more from Fish here). The main issue with the conduct here was the digs being thrown at the remainder of the PH staff - staff that had nothing to do with the situation. By making these type of jokes, the PH staff team was being harassed for doing the right thing and ousting a bad person from the community. The second joke was similar in nature.

To be clear, neither strike was due to Salty making any form of pedophilic statement or joke. These are better described as general harassment of the PH community after Gebriel's ban. Again, as Salty has attested, he is not the same person he was back then.

However, there is a difference between making amends with a community and becoming a staff member in the community. Due to the history here, specifically due to leaking staff chat and previous issues with the PH community, we aren't ready to trust you yet with the job. I think waiting a few months is appropriate, and gives you time to prove yourself trustworthy again. Discord staff members are tasks with keeping the peace and preventing the insurrection of drama - and your actions frankly did the opposite.

This staff application has been DENIED at this time. The earliest you may apply, by request, is April 13th, 2022 - though you may want to take the advice of waiting until July.

And I will add, two areas that will be critical to your acceptance will be overall admin approval (for joining staff discord again) and general support from the PH community (due to the actions taken against them last year). If these two issues are resolved, I see no reason why you can't rejoin the staff team.

Thank you for your application.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks