Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do
Hi, this thread is to talk about what you guys do when bored at work, and the type of work you do, so let's begin

As of now im currently working as an interpreter, this means im a sort of "translator" between two people or more in a call, and since it's a WFH position and I don't have to look at anyone sometimes I get bored and start playing chess or candy crush, this being said, I don't do it when there's a lot of information going on with the call, but sometimes the calls are just a bunch of "yes" and '"no", so it gets kinda boring
Line cook at an Italian restaurant. Not often bored because we're constantly getting fucked, but if it's a slow day I usually just stare at the little TV they have setup on a wall nearby. Usually just a football game or something which I don't care for at all, but there is literally nothing else to do besides talk to other people on the line so i like to think i now understand at least a little bit how american football works, and im pretty sure ive memorized at least 3 different progressive commercials.

If I get a dish shift I bring a speaker to work and play music which usually breaks up the monotony but im usually getting absolutely demolished on dish so again boredom isn't something I have to worry about there--only my constantly shrinking sanity.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Lab support at a major biotech company. Sometimes we’re nonstop and others were just vibing. Usually we’ll joke around with each other and watch some videos when we really have nothing to do
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(12-22-2022, 09:07 PM)Admiral Arbok Wrote: Line cook at an Italian restaurant. Not often bored because we're constantly getting fucked, but if it's a slow day I usually just stare at the little TV they have setup on a wall nearby. Usually just a football game or something which I don't care for at all, but there is literally nothing else to do besides talk to other people on the line so i like to think i now understand at least a little bit how american football works, and im pretty sure ive memorized at least 3 different progressive commercials.

If I get a dish shift I bring a speaker to work and play music which usually breaks up the monotony but im usually getting absolutely demolished on dish so again boredom isn't something I have to worry about there--only my constantly shrinking sanity.
Thank you for the answer! I do have to say, I've heard cooking staff usually gets the worse end of the stick and it can be a burden, but I'm glad you can concentrate on cooking to avoid boredom, at the cost of ur sanity
(12-23-2022, 02:14 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: Lab support at a major biotech company. Sometimes we’re nonstop and others were just vibing. Usually we’ll joke around with each other and watch some videos when we really have nothing to do
My men out here living the best life, congrats! It does sound fun, plus you can talk to each other to make the time fly by
depends on which job, when i am teaching, i do not have bored times. When i bartend and its slow i chain smoke cigs and murder my lungs
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
I was the operations manager for the student engagement office for my university, I would often use my phone when I was bored since I would have a lot of down time while working on my projects or running around during events. I got to drive a golf cart too a few times and took the long way, that was fun

Will probably do the same thing with being on my phone for the new job I am starting.
IT support for Fujitsu, a Japanese fortune 500 company. Mostly just show up to work absolutely blasted, spend 90% of the day watching YT videos while ignoring calls so my co-workers get them instead. Been an easy 2 years lmao.
                                   [Image: qFmo2rj.png]
I’m a cook at a local pub and I’ll listen to podcasts/watch YouTube while I’m back in the kitchen just mindlessly prepping food or cleaning. When the kitchen is completely dead I’ll sit out at the bar and talk with the bartender or the regulars.
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
I Work as a remote agent for an IT help desk basically I help people change their passwords the the dumbed down version of what I do. Its more extensive depending on my clients.
Since I work from home and my Call volume is highly random I play Prop Hunt because I can go "afk" for an extended period without getting yelled at for delaying
More often then not I end up watching Netflix and playing any game I can pause if a call comes in.
Or I'm studying to finish up my degree