Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observation/Criticism of Ban Appeal Replies
Epic always says the right thing before I do but I'll go ahead and add some of my opinions.

Austria-Hungary, you are quite right. Ban appeals need to be more professional and respectful. Unfortunately, it tends to be hard to frame a ban appeal as the "victim" without appearing accusatory towards a certain staff member. This, in turn, can upset staff and cause them to retaliate. Certainly not ideal. However, staff members should try to be respectful, regardless of how the other player is acting. It's something that I personally am going to work on and I hope other staff members do as well. Clearly, people are noticing our lack of professionalism, and that is not a good thing.

I do like the idea of discussing bans on steam chat as well. It's not necessarily useful for all bans, but perhaps for the people that are members and above that get banned. After spending over 20 hours on the server, they should at least receive that level of respect. Mass RDMers and random guests, maybe not so necessary.

Thank you for calling this to our attention.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Observation/Criticism of Ban Appeal Replies - by Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca De La Ley - 12-18-2017, 05:10 PM