Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jedasis's TMod Application
Ingame Name: Jedasis

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:44429375
Discord Tag: Jedasis#9999

Time Played: 200 Hours as Jedasis and as SM7.

When First Joined: 2015 as SM7, April 15, 2020 as Jedasis.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Kinda variable recently, usually after 1:00 PM EST, but I try to be on in the mornings after 9 AM EST.

Rank Desired: TMod

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community: Since November 21, 2020 I've served the server as Trusted. Since then I've handled countless RDM reports, gaged or muted people a couple dozen times, and filed 2 ban reports. (More on that later.) None of the regulars seem to have an issue with me, which is actually somewhat surprising, as staff usually gets a bit of a tough crowd on the server. My biggest problems have been running into an issue where a TMod was needed when one was around. While @synthray's recent promotion to TMod will probably eliminate that a fair amount (he's always on the server!) I'd still like to be able to help there myself. So that's the main thing I can bring to the table as a TMod.

Why you want to help the community: It's no secret that at the end of the last year we lost a ton of staff, including a lot of upper staff. As such, it stands to those left behind to step up and fill those shoes. I want to do what I can to help out the server in the absence of people like Dong and Prince Nicky. This is my main motivation for wanting to step up to a TMod.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): No, but a ban was requested.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): Yes, once for trusted, which was accepted.

How did you find us?: Server browser.

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yep.

Other: I'd like to acknowledge my weaknesses here. The big one being my lack of ban reports. I'd like to state this isn't because I don't know how to gather evidence for them. The ban requests I have posted have had solid evidence (except for  this one. I incorrectly assumed a player was ghosting when they weren't.) and I've coordinated evidence with other staff very well. It just happens that players don't really do anything worthy of a ban when I'm on, or if they do a Mod is on and just bans them there, or another staff member beats me to the report (usually Jammin or Synth). So I don't really get a lot of chances to make reports. My other main weakness is that the past few weeks I haven't been playing super consistently. That is my bad, I've just wanted to take a breather from Gmod for a bit. I should be on more frequently in the next few weeks, and I might get the opportunity to make more ban requests. (though hopefully not) I actually don't think this application will get accepted, though I hope it will. This is a good opportunity to gather feedback from other staff about if I've correctly identified what I still need to work on, and if there are any other areas they feel I'm lacking in. Either way, thank you for your consideration.
He/Him/His

Messages In This Thread
Jedasis's TMod Application - by Jedasis - 01-08-2021, 03:34 PM
RE: Jedasis's TMod Application - by Jammin - 01-08-2021, 03:52 PM
RE: Jedasis's TMod Application - by Jedasis - 01-08-2021, 03:58 PM
RE: Jedasis's TMod Application - by (j)ax - 01-08-2021, 04:22 PM
RE: Jedasis's TMod Application - by Damien - 01-08-2021, 04:23 PM
RE: Jedasis's TMod Application - by Jedasis - 01-10-2021, 03:03 PM
RE: Jedasis's TMod Application - by David - 01-10-2021, 03:49 PM
RE: Jedasis's TMod Application - by Jammin - 01-10-2021, 04:07 PM
RE: Jedasis's TMod Application - by Jedasis - 01-10-2021, 05:35 PM
RE: Jedasis's TMod Application - by Synthray - 01-10-2021, 05:37 PM