Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum warning appeal (or something..)
Hello,

My forum warning level is at 60% with three warnings at 20% each, all three for shitposting. I actually like the forum warning system, I'm glad it's being used, but the latest warning I received has me in a "moderator approved post" only mode where replies I make are not instantly available until approved. This is annoying, but I like the feature and I normally wouldn't be upset, but in the case of my latest warning, I don't think it was very justified..

First and foremost, yes I shitpost more than I should. I browse this forum because I'm bored and probably procrastinating something important. I don't actually play these servers anymore, because I don't enjoy video games that much. I've given up on helping out with anything because nothing actually gets done, to the fault of one rather slow link in the management process.. but at this point I'm mostly here to banter with fellow forum users and maybe throw some shade at some policies I don't like. Take that of what you like.

The warning in question was on this thread. The post is now deleted (if you are a donor you can see where it says it was deleted, matt pls fix), but it read:

Quote:he rdmed mee >:((((( -1 with community ban

+1 free this man

Obviously not the most serious reply, but it's a video game forum, not "gamer congress" as one guy put it. Being proper and stuck up about an unban request for killing three people doesn't sit well with me. Still, this post conveys my stance on his unban in a sarcastic but straightforward manner (i.e. my usual shtick of "Mass RDM permabans are dumb, please unban this person, I like them.) I do not have a problem with these kinds of threads being held to a higher quality standard for its posts, as long as it is outlined in the forum rules, and the policy is enforced uniformly. This is not done:

1. Policy not in forum rules: The shitposting rule on the forums (what I was warned for violating in this case) states "Do not repost the same thread or reply to a thread with the intention of cluttering space or derailing a topic." I did not post to the thread with the intention to clutter or derail the thread. My post was obviously not that serious, but it did properly represent how I felt about his unban and the Mass RDM permaban policy, and I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want him to be unbanned.
    I would, again, have no problem if "sillier" posts were not allowed in unban request threads, but that isn't mentioned in the forum rules other than making shitpost threads in important sections like the staff application section.

2. Policy not enforced uniformly - See this image. This post is not deleted, and the poster was not warned for it, despite it containing the same message (i.e. please unban this person, I like them) as my post, which was warned. I do not think this is very fair. Furthermore, I made nearly the exact same post less than a month ago on a different unban request, which remains undeleted and I was not warned for posting it.

TL;DR I got warned for something that I don't really think I should have been warned for. I should tighten up a bit on the forums, because what ends up happening is I just refresh the main page endlessly out of habit and slowly lose my mind until I post something that's kinda funny. Need to find something else to endlessly refresh so my posts can become a bit higher quality on here..
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide

Messages In This Thread
Forum warning appeal (or something..) - by Russ the Stress Queen - 05-03-2021, 11:48 AM