Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc
Hello,

First to clarify some things. Salty's presentation of his strikes and actions are pretty accurate. He came very close to a ban last year due to his actions, and left the community before doing so at that time. His presentation of his actions are accurate, and his remorse for his actions are clear. I'm not going to dive into them too deeply as he gets his actions were shitty and appears to have changed his ways.

I did want to clarify his two strikes in relation to pedophilic jokes. The first was him making the joke "Pedo Hub" shortly after the banning of Gebriel, a former PH staff who was banned for inappropriate conduct (more from Fish here). The main issue with the conduct here was the digs being thrown at the remainder of the PH staff - staff that had nothing to do with the situation. By making these type of jokes, the PH staff team was being harassed for doing the right thing and ousting a bad person from the community. The second joke was similar in nature.

To be clear, neither strike was due to Salty making any form of pedophilic statement or joke. These are better described as general harassment of the PH community after Gebriel's ban. Again, as Salty has attested, he is not the same person he was back then.

However, there is a difference between making amends with a community and becoming a staff member in the community. Due to the history here, specifically due to leaking staff chat and previous issues with the PH community, we aren't ready to trust you yet with the job. I think waiting a few months is appropriate, and gives you time to prove yourself trustworthy again. Discord staff members are tasks with keeping the peace and preventing the insurrection of drama - and your actions frankly did the opposite.

This staff application has been DENIED at this time. The earliest you may apply, by request, is April 13th, 2022 - though you may want to take the advice of waiting until July.

And I will add, two areas that will be critical to your acceptance will be overall admin approval (for joining staff discord again) and general support from the PH community (due to the actions taken against them last year). If these two issues are resolved, I see no reason why you can't rejoin the staff team.

Thank you for your application.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks

Messages In This Thread
Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-09-2022, 06:42 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by dong - 01-09-2022, 06:52 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by HONG - 01-09-2022, 06:58 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 04:35 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 10:00 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 11:10 PM