Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Potential Changes to Active Staff List
(12-19-2020, 12:01 PM)bryanbrr Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 12:00 PM)coca cola but guacamole Wrote: where am i wtf
Staff banned
this is untrue now
[Image: Screenshot_20201122-0011042.png]
I actually agree with this. A lot. From a player perspective, especially new players, if someone needs a staff member, there are definitely times they'll look to the staff list to see who to communicate with, and if someone hasn't been getting on in ages, for one, there are entirely different things going on in server that certain people might not know about due to a lack of paying any attention, and two, they might not even have the capability to help with the issue currently. It's valid to have people sorted into levels of activity, more or less. Especially if someone has hardly played for, let's say, six months or longer. They clearly haven't been staffing, dont' know the current climate of the server, and might not even fully remember all the rules or if there are any changes to the rules. Just gets to a point where certain things need trimmed.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
update to the inactive section//my thoughts on this stuff here.

This is going off what I found on gametracker so maybe these people are active and I just don't know their new names?

Either way I think it's fair that if a staff member hasn't played consistently in 3 months that they get moved to inactive and if they are inactive for 3 additional months (so 6 months total) they get dropped from the list. This doesn't mean they lose their powers (as that is a topic for a different thread) but it's just to keep the list nice and neat. You can just state who is removed off the list in the changelog right? So I don't think it would be a big deal to drop heavily inactive people from the main staff list. You can always re-add them later.
I agree. Our staff list is pretty long and half the people on the inactive list have quit TTT altogether.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
Edit: those who historically paid for T-Mod should not be demoted but kept as Inactive if they are not active.

While not many may look at the staff list thread, I feel keeping the staff roster limited to active participants is a more professional approach. Also you don't want staff with old backdoor powers, who want to jump on for old time's sake, jumping on with the knowledge of the 2014 ruleset. It'd be best if staff inactive have their backdoor removed, so that non-staff don't expect them to act as staff. E.G. the Salty situation - he just wanted his rank removed so he could play without staffing.

My opinion, cringe if you want to, is that there should be 4 categories for staff: Active, Inactive, Emeritus, and Historic
Active: At least 10 hours of server time within past two weeks, OR on temporary haitus (<1 month), of which staff (or at least admins) are notified; retain rank and committees
Inactive: At least one on-server visit within past month, are active in staff discord but have no on-server activity, are completely unresponsive over discord for at least 2 weeks, OR are on longer, pre-planned haitus, of which admins are notified and approve of; retain rank, removed from committees temporarily, kept on staff discord
Historic: Staff who have resigned or go missing for 3 months; are demoted to regular/donor and removed from staff discord
Emeritus: Staff who have resigned or go missing for 3 months; are demoted to donor+; this is for staff who have been long active in the community and helped shape it to what it is now; usually limited to admins or significant mods (currently listed are Drew and Sugam, we should list other donor+ folks here at discretion of the admins/dink)

Staff who are demoted for going missing can apply to restore their rank; that committee can decide to restore back to their old rank or to a lower rank as deemed appropriate.
Staff who are not going to play due to a busy semester of school should be listed as inactive but not demoted.

This is a lot of work to manage. I don't think two admins, let alone just Mr. Bolas, would be able to manage adding this. I personally think management of this thread should be handed off to an active staff member or a committee, Nicol has more important things to handle than tracking staff time through Gametracker. Any inactive staff up for demotion due to inactivity can be approved by Nicol on a case by case basis, with evidence and recommendations being supplied by the active staff member or possibly a committee. I would be happy to reach out to the staff on this list to inquire if they will ever become active again, and relay results to the staff team.

I would suggest:
-Creating a historical staff thread (or add it to the staff thread)
-Contact all active staff to see what their preferred name is (e.g. Two Rats Kissing, Cryptic Salsa or Slightly Sweet Salsa, etc.)
-Contact all inactive staff as listed below to see what their situation is and their plans moving forward
-Those who don't respond within 1 month, or indicate they are not going to return to any active level get demoted to regular (or donor if that is known)
-Those who indicate they are on a hiatus or have IRL stuff should go into Inactive as approved by Nicol, removed from committees as appropriate, but retain on-server ranks
-Also we may want to consider consolidating the staff list and committee list to one thread.

My current list of ACTIVE staff is:

Owner
Dinkleberg

Admin
Nicol Bolas

Cake
Bryanbrr
Cactus
Chris Farley
Ethan
Thunderwalrus
Renzo (semi-active on discord but has banned a few; keep on inactive?)

Test Mod
Battons
KaptainLes
Cubie

Trusted
Ceebeast
Two Rats Kissing
Kapitan Billybob
Jedasis
Jammin
Ckg
Slightly Sweet Salsa (correct name?)
Evan (very active on discord; should remain active)
Synthray

INACTIVE staff/Inquire as to their status - keep active, move to inactive or demote?
Noire (<3 hrs past month, recent activity on discord; is he going to play more?)
Jack (2 hours past month, active on discord/forums; is he going to play more?)
MiniMe2001 (IRL situation; should remain on inactive list; reasonably active on discord)
Squid (going military; is he planning to ever come back, or is he done?)
DoYouLiftBro (indicated in November he would "be back soon", busy with college)

Test Mod
Raider Hanks (1 visit in past month;  somewhat active on discord)
Geist (1 visit in past month, not very active on discord)
Cardio (last visit mid-november; not active on discord; possibly busy with school?)
TDawg (last visit mid-november; not on discord)
Toaster Oven (IRL situation; should remain on inactive list; https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=12899)

Trusted
Quaxi Girl (<8 hours in past month; semi-active on discord)
GAMER/DolphinJazz (<10 hours in past month; semi-active on discord)

AFD/Reach out on discord; if they don't reply or ask to be removed they should be demoted.
Test Mod
Semper (last visit september; also last visit to discord)

Trusted
Jaerixon (no activity on discord/game since July; last visit to forums was July)

Inactive (no recent or consistent game playtime)
Queef Commando (Is now donor+, let him die in peace)
(DHN1) aaron74
City
Jaegar Bombtastic
Dalek Emperor
Extreme PvE
reed1103
Helen
KillshotKenny
Soup
Turner
Kale
MrPotato
7-Zip (he was on like 3 days ago or so)
JustKuono
Daegan
Dospayne
Hal
Penny
EightBitTrip
Bman
Karl
DuckBentley
Courtana
EpicGuy
Deaf Taylor Swift
Child You Never Knew
General Lee 2: Lee Harder
Papa Cossette
GuyBieri
Sassy Phoenix
Jagged
InkyBlinky
Stormroad
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
@Jammin your suggestion for contacting inactive staff was actually what I had planned to do before seeing if they should be demoted. Decided to not even try that though lol. All in all these suggestions are pretty nice though. A historic, but up-to-date list would take forever. Good idea though as it would be nice, could maybe even throw in the year(s) beside their names.
(12-21-2020, 12:49 AM)JammiRe Wrote:
snip
i agree with some of this but definatly not all of it, and mistake 1 was listing dink as active
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
yea i dont got all my gametracker names linked i just be rat
Can't demote @TDawg4 for inactivity since he is a true donor-tmod. He payed for that role he deserves to keep it..
Also he is a shit katarina player and he needs this rank to boost his confidence.
[Image: j3I5q8.jpg]
(12-21-2020, 07:49 PM)Cactus Wrote: Can't demote @TDawg4  for inactivity since he is a true donor-tmod. He payed for that role he deserves to keep it..
Also he is a shit katarina player and he needs this rank to boost his confidence.
this true - donors retain what they paid for. But if you are forever inactive that should go on a historic list, not on the inactive staff list.
But i agree, those who paid shouldn't be demoted
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks