Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bryanbrr's A New Admin Application
@"Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca" i appreciate the brief history lesson, but I already knew about all of the previous admins and how to distinguish them from the rest.

The main point I made was that throwing people into an admin position out of desperation isn’t a good idea. Do I believe Bryan has the capability to be a good one? Yes, he has the dedication and motivation to do just about anything he puts his mind to. Now, do I think that this staff team has numerous candidates to make a whole admin squad? Not in the slightest. Bryan is the only candidate right now who I think is capable. I could write an entire essay as to why others should not get it, and it would be a lot more convincing than just saying “needs more time.”

Also, those in the running with me last summer were Noire, DoYouLift, and MiniMe.

The community feedback is good yes, but I’ve mostly just noticed people saying +1 does well, but there is an insane jump from mod to admin, even larger than tmod to mod. That these people aren’t recognizing, and that’s what is worrying me.

Admin should be someone who you can go to for advice, a leader, and someone who is all around levelheaded. The only one that fits those categories who is active would be Bryan.
(02-04-2021, 12:36 AM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 10:01 AM)dong Wrote: Prefacing by saying this, my respect for you is off the charts bryan, but...

1) I truly don't believe admin should be a rank you apply for, even with this apparent "need."

2) If you all in desperation mode for another admin I can either suggest one to dink or come back (worst scenario) seeing as my spot is the one that needs filled.

3) I also do not believe that there are any candidates who are active AT THIS CURRENT TIME, that's just my opinion and I apologize. Will explain more with next point.

4) I think with more time you would be a good fit, but the only thing that concerns me is that you've been active your entire staff journey and we all know of the infamous admin curse. I'll tell you from experience that you will put everything on the line and be burned out faster than you can say igloo.

5) Trying to bum rush people into a huge position like this will not yield good results. Don't risk it and absolutely bomb, get prepared more through the moderator position.

Against the majority here lol, but this is my serious advice. All in all, with more time you and the other people who were in the running with me last summer are the only ones I could see getting this promotion.

The thing that has distinguished our good admins from our bad admins hasn't been their past experience. That being said, two of the admins I was most familiar and impressed with, Matt and Gabe, were active moderators for around 4-5 months prior to their promotions to admin. 

The thing that I believe matters most is the personality of a moderator. 

Just like in real life, some of the traits that would make for a good admin are:
1. Discipline - act professionally. some people are annoying - keep your cool. 
2. Confidence - you need to be able to make decisions that people will listen to
3. Humility - you're not afraid to admit mistakes when they inevitably happen. not afraid to ask for help either.
4. Responsibility/Reliability - need to be able to fulfill your role or step aside
5. Fairness - you must be able to listen to reason 
6. Courage/Perseverance - don't pussyfoot around. make hard decisions and be able to defend them if you believe they are right.

I would recommend evaluating each prospective TTT admin with these criteria in mind. No candidate will be perfect. At the very least, however, each candidate should have some degree of these characteristics already present. 

I will provide a brief history overview for those unfamiliar with some of our past TTT admins - here is a link to a thread that documents past staff. I will go through some of the past (no longer active) admins to consider not only what kind of admin they were, but also a couple of characteristics about them. You will clearly notice that decent people make for, at the very least, decent admins and vice versa. 

Queef

-a decent and fun guy, though at times a little too sassy and cliquey
-a good admin who continued to help the server even after becoming inactive

Scoovie
-blunt and unafraid to shy away from an argument, though he probably should have 
-a fairly decent admin despite his faults

Avi
-a great person who was happy to help where she could
-a good admin

Gabe
-a smart, good person
-a good admin who was responsible many positive changes for the server

Matt
-good person, smart and mindful
-a good admin that also made positive changes to the server

EpicGuy
-another smart fellow and genuinely good dude
-though he wasn't admin for very long, I think his tenure can be overall be considered a positive one

The_Kor
-at the time I knew and played with him, a massive prick with very little critical reasoning skill
-not a good staff member, they must have been desperate to have chosen him for admin

Foxka
-today, he just seems bitter. as a staff member, he always seemed to be spiteful of others and was an unpleasant person to be around
-he was admin for a week and was about to be stripped of his rank for abuse before resigning

Cocaine Lobster
-trolled at the expense of others in a mean-spirited manner. sometimes fun. 
-awful admin. he literally ghosted with his friends while on the server and after being demoted, created his own server. 

Rippe (de facto admin)
-pedo.  
-awful staff member. argumentative, motivated by a desire to control (grooming) others and power

Noclip 
-A superior staff member, very smart and handsome if I say so myself,
-Has both testicles.

Now I can't tell if Bryan would be as good of an admin as people like Matt or Gabe, but I am fairly confident that he wouldn't be as bad as people like Foxka or Cocaine either.  

If Bryan, or anyone else, is promoted to admin I think a key piece of advice is to try to take things slowly. Ask Nicol or the moderator team for help/guidance as you need. There's nothing wrong with leaning on others early on. You don't need to insulate yourself because of a title. 

I'm not sure who was in the running for admin last summer, but there's only one active moderator (Ethan) that was around then. I'm sure he'll be on the radar of Dink when/if he makes a decision on adding additional admins.

Best,
Prince
Please don't do like the previous guy and try to mantain the topic. That's all.
Alrighty, Strap Your weird Northern Hemishere Freedom-loving Asses to your chairs, You are in for a wall of text which includes some random ass shit but trust me in my head it's all related to this Admin Application. I'm not doing a TD;LR. But I do hope all of the current staff as well as anyone who commented on this post will read it but at the end of the day that's up to you, yes you reading this right now, Hi, I hope you're doing well. Anyway on with the response...

Over the last couple of months, there has been a bunch of active donor plus members semi-active around the community. And from listening to them and reading what they have to say, it doesn't seem like burnout will be your issue. If you follow the pattern and precedent from the Admins/Co-Owners of past, It will be discouragement. Every member that applied for staff from trusted to mod at their core, all have the same motive for joining the staff team. To make the server a better place for everyone involved.
All of us have different ways of doing that or showing that, as we are all different people from different walks of life. And as it is easy to point out flaws in people you dislike, it is harder to point out good qualities in them. (Not saying I dislike Bryan, Just a general comment). I am far from perfect, in fact, I think I see everything in more of a negative view (As seen by my white Owl Response) and each of our staffing methods comes from where we are in life as well as what is currently happening in our everyday lives. Each member of staff has their Strengths and Weaknesses. (This Might be a weird place to end this paragraph but it's all part of the bigger picture.)

Everyone member of staff would like to see change, Not necessarily the same change as others, but change in different areas from rules, to committees, to testing, to Staff Commands, to discord permissions, maps, pointshop items... so on, so on. The general gist I get from the donor plus guys is Dinks Never Changes (Insert Fallout Music). And when it does, it is rare and extremely slow. It all lies on what Dink decides to do, and let's be honest, he can do what he wants, it's up to him, it's his server, he built it. And if you follow suit, not saying you will, but if you do manage to get admin, take a long hard look at all the people that came before you, and the changes that they tried to make, and the things that they wanted to do that would have benefited TTT. Then brace yourself, and don't get discouraged too much too fast. If you want proof of this Just look at all the staff resignations, most say similar things not just from admins but from Mods down to trusteds. Not to be doomy and gloomy but one day the current staff team will feel the same way, but then there will be a new wave of fresh staff with the same hopes and dreams we had ready to take over our place and the cycle will repeat itself, (Except Nicky, he will still be here), sure we might make small changes but at the core, Dinks Never Changes.

The only real thing holding this TTT server as well as the other 3 servers together is the community... That's it. From the people you love to the people we hate, this community has so many sub-communities and other groups within it, and they are the real reason we all keep coming back, Not that we like TTT or PH or DR or Murder because there are many better servers out there than here game-wise. At least half of the people in our discords and sub-communities that we met on dinks don't even play Gmod anymore. It's the people we meet and enjoy playing with and talking to and sharing things with that keeps us coming back to Dinklebergs Gmod.

No secret that Dong leaving left a big gaping heart-shaped hole in our souls, and the staffing team but I don't want to recommend you because at the end of the day Dinks doesn't need another admin, it really doesn't. If no one got admin the server would be fine, nothing would happen and as I said, the server would just churn in a fresh wave of guests who make it to regular who apply for staff, etc. I for one wish I knew then what I know now before applying for staff, and getting too invested in the community. (Just Really want to know how long some of the issues are, just have a read through the older section of the forums). Too many staff are playing it way too safe with your responses, trying to word your responses to be fence-sitters, "I recommend you" but also at the same time "I don't want this to come back and bite me in the future is Dink and Nicol deem this the wrong way to go about it", just say what your really want to say without fear. And too many old staff also saying "This Isn't the way to go about getting admin". TBH none of us know the right way and the way you recommend, all we know of dink is that he updates our roles, Demotes people, and that it is uncomfortable to try and talk to him because all we are told is that he doesn't like to be bothered with Gmod stuff unless necessary. And the rest of yall, don't just +1 your mate, Genuinely have a think about it, is Bryan truly the next admin you want in TTT, and why?

I am recommending you (Bryan) for the Admin position not out of a need for a new admin and you are best suited, but rather Because I truly believe you have the ambition, drive, and motivation to make the changes everyone wants (Not Needs).  This admin application may be an unconventional way to do it but I feel like it's neither a good nor a bad way to go about it. Yes I am aware may be "calling" some people out, Some people who consider me a friend, and I mean no disrespect, this is no Jab at anyone in particular, so please don't hate me for it, I just don't like hiding in shadows with my own opinions, I hope at least yall at the least appreciate my honesty. My discord messages are always open if ya wanna discuss anything. My Only goal Here to really ask you "Is Byran the guy I want to see as the next addition to the admin team?" No, "We need a new admin" or "That's My Friend so +1" but a genuine want to see Bryan as the next admin.

Bryan is Amazing staff on the TTT side of the Server: active, good communication, Responds to On-Call Staff, Mostly Consistent with his staffing (The only flaw I could pick up, I think you may be a little subconsciously biased sometimes), Enforces the rules fairly, has a good balance between Staffing and personal time, knows when to be strict and when to relax a little. Keeps a level head in all situations and always willing to lend a hand. Bryan is involved in the wider community whether it be in Staff Discord or Normal discord, Bryan has embedded himself as is widely known throughout the Wider Dink Community.

Be the change you want to be, Don't let yourself be discouraged, Remain Unbiased, Don't forget you have the whole staff team to lean on.

Bryan, You Are Ready

+1

The Edits were spelling mistakes
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
Homieboy's loved by everyone in community, takes his shit seriously and during his very long time staffing there's probably only one instance where I think he handled that a situation badly. Also took his time helping me with my shadow ban with which Nicol himself couldn't have been asked to do so he already is an admin in my eyes. Much love! +1

P.S. Where is ape model?, - Uriel 2017
(02-08-2021, 05:17 PM)CrAcKbOnE Wrote: P.S. Where is ape model?, - Uriel 2017
test server
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)

Just because you don't check the logs before you slay. You wrongfully slay and ignored your mistake after being confronted about it.
(02-08-2021, 09:31 PM)happy knee Wrote: -1

Just because you don't check the logs before you slay. You wrongfully slay and ignored your mistake after being confronted about it.
I wasn't ignoring my mistake, I was actively looking to solve it. I understood you were wrongfully slain and corrected the issue.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
Bryan is good mod would be gooder at admin +1
Cult member since 8-8-18
(02-08-2021, 10:21 PM)GAMER Wrote: Bryan is good mod would be gooder at admin +1
ily <3
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]