Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permanent Bans! Again!
(02-28-2021, 01:18 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: However, as soon as you attach that number then that’s seen as the appropriate number for the ban. Whether that will affect the number of successful appeals to make bans shorter i don’t know.

This is a good point and one I had not considered.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
I agree with some of what said. One of the biggest reasons I support perm bans is that it FORCES people to appeal if they want to come back. Some do not know how to do that and will never appeal, meaning they will never play again. That is unfortunate, yes, but happens. The appeal is simply an admission to making a mistake or challenging the grounds for banning in the first place. We never look for a heartfelt apology. If someone says "I was banned for hacking 3 years ago, I've changed" compared to "I was banned 3 years ago for hacking, just unban me already" we naturally will have a preference for one over the other.

I don't want toxic people coming back and doing what they already did again, simply because their ban wore off. I want them to be forced to appeal so that we can weigh the pros or cons of letting them back in or seeing if they were inappropriately banned.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
Permabanning for mass is so silly.
(02-28-2021, 02:22 PM)aethy Wrote: Permabanning for mass is so silly.
Yes I agree with this especially when the mass isn’t really that malicious. A specific situation I remember is with @Jedasis who massed mainly because they kosed on t traps if I recall correctly. He didn’t get banned and just got slays for it, but yet people still get perma banned sometimes even if it’s a mistake and a similar situation to jedasis.
(02-28-2021, 01:50 PM)Raider Hanks Wrote: We never look for a heartfelt apology.

lol
@"VERY RARE" I never did anyways
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(02-28-2021, 12:42 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: To be honest, I don't like banning people because of rdm .If I banned someone because of rdm, it's probably a ban request.In my opinion ,hacking,exploit, should not be forgiven.

+100000

Most of the time rdm happens on accident, at least on our server and people even apologise. Unless someone rdm's to troll, I don't consider it a big issue and give people a chance willingly.
Would like to get feedback from some higher ups tbh
[Image: xdjlve.png]
Im still strongly in favor of keeping permanent bans.

When a staff member bans a player on the server, the tagline in the chat reads "Indefinitely!" Indefinitely means "lasting for an unknown or unstated length of time.This is essentially telling the player they are banned "until appealled" The function of this is to let players know that theres a window that allows them to apply for an unban. It is an effective tool in getting to the bottom of ban situations, finding out "did this player have malicious intent?" or other important questions. 

Permanently banning players for mass rdm etc, removes a lot of overhead work for staff members. What I mean by this is that if for example we changed mass rdm to 6 months, this means every 6 months or so when trolls get bored again, we wont have to keep banning the same malicious players that decide to keep returning. Staff already have enough ban history to go through, like checking rylo ken's bans and thinking "ok he's been banned for mic spamming 10 times already, do we perma ban now?" imagine if we had to go through that organizational process every single time a serial mass RDMer rejoined the server. Its not worth keeping track of so many frequent trollers.

So to conclude, permabanning serves a a strong enough purpose in keeping the rules and enforcement streamlined and simple. The appeal process is pretty fair as it is right now in my opinion.
Ok so if people want to keep the perma bans then all I ask is for staff to use their discretion more often in the case of mass rdm bans, since again acccidents can and will happen. I seen people who mass rdm get slays before when it clearly accidental so that’s all I am asking for this since I do notice sometimes players get perm banned for accidents that had no malicious intentions. Just be prepared to do some investigations into the matter before issuing bans. That is all, thank you.