unban me so i can continue my singing career
Ingame Name: Timbo 

SteamID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009338283

Who Banned You: synthray

Reason For Ban: micspam

Length of Ban: permanent

Reason for Admins to Unban: so I can give my point shop items away before I get banned again lmao

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): yes, I'm pretty sure there's only been one thread for the 10 or so bans I have lol

Other: If playing a joke song in dead chat is really significantly worse than listening to literal dead silence, just reban me after I give away the point shop items I've accrued from 500+ hours playing with you nerds lmbo

https://youtu.be/ZVUyyHYkBHk

song link to what I was playing for anyone interested, it's a classic
+1, Playing music / soundboards in dead chat in NO WAY affects game play. It does not interfere. It does no harm. No one was complaining. In fact people were encouraging the soundboard use. Perma-banning for 'micspam' is profoundly stupid. Rewrite the rules. Some of these recent permabans have been outright ridiculous.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(03-06-2021, 08:30 PM)Timbo Wrote: Ingame Name: Timbo 

SteamID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009338283

Who Banned You: synthray

Reason For Ban: micspam

Length of Ban: permanent

Reason for Admins to Unban: so I can give my point shop items away before I get banned again lmao

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): yes, I'm pretty sure there's only been one thread for the 10 or so bans I have lol

Other: If playing a joke song in dead chat is really significantly worse than listening to literal dead silence, just reban me after I give away the point shop items I've accrued from 500+ hours playing with you nerds lmbo

https://youtu.be/ZVUyyHYkBHk

song link to what I was playing for anyone interested, it's a classic

+1 Timbo is a Good man and his "micspam" is calming and for the whole duration of the time that I was on today nobody told him to stop once we are just jamming out  in dead chat
[Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.png...height=701]
Hi Timbo,
Your steam ID is STEAM_0:1:24536277.
I will say that I don't belive a permanent ban is warranted based on current staff guidelines. However I was tabbed out during the offending mic-spam, so I don't have full context regarding whatever else happened.
Reserving further comment for the unban committee.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
We will not simply rewrite rules just because someone you liked got punished for breaking the rules. We are enforcing the rules in place until they are changed and approved dink and nicol. +1 for reduction-1 for straight up unban.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
To put things into perspective. This isn't a first, second, third, fourth, or even fifth offense. This doesn't include the various warnings you've received from staff regarding the issue including several from me. 
[Image: b_560x95.png]
[attachment=2866][attachment=2867]To piggy back off of nicol here.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
No opinion on this either way, but the whole "we have to enforce the rules as they are written" argument is nonsense. As a staff member, you are most certainly allowed to use your discretion and not punish someone for using a soundboard as long as nobody complains about it and/or it isn't excessive. As far as I'm aware, nobody was said to have complained and nobody has posted any proof of what happened so I cannot say whether it was truly excessive or not.

edit: Yes, I realize this offense in particular was him playing a song, but I believe what I said above should still apply.
In the staff Discord yesterday evening another staff member stated that Timbo was going to need another ban for micspam. I first suggested a kick, for which I was told Timbo was already kicked. I then responded, and I quote, "what about a 24 hr ban instead."

The 24-hour ban resolves the issue of the immediate micspam and calms things down for the time being. Ideally, the punishment is commensurate with the crime. A permanent ban for playing some soundboard noises is not the proper punishment.

We don't need to be permabanning people for micspam, unless that micspam is of the type that is extreme, like that which is racist or literally only earrape.

The Timbo ban should be reduced to a 24-hour ban. Perhaps in consideration of the past micspam bans, reduce to a week at the very most.
to reiterate:

Reason for Admins to Unban: so I can give my point shop items away before I get banned again lmao

just trying to give away my points and items lol

(03-06-2021, 09:19 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: In the staff Discord yesterday evening another staff member stated that Timbo was going to need another ban for micspam. I first suggested a kick, for which I was told Timbo was already kicked. I then responded, and I quote, "what about a 24 hr ban instead."

The 24-hour ban resolves the issue of the immediate micspam and calms things down for the time being. Ideally, the punishment is commensurate with the crime. A permanent ban for playing some soundboard noises is not the proper punishment.

We don't need to be permabanning people for micspam, unless that micspam is of the type that is extreme, like that which is racist or literally only earrape.

The Timbo ban should be reduced to a 24-hour ban. Perhaps in consideration of the past micspam bans, reduce to a week at the very most.

I've been banned for micspam twice already. first was 3 days, second was 2.7 weeks. I figured yall are just winging it, and synth told me I'd get a permaban lol. I was literally typing "who wants my items before synth bans me" as he banned me today lmao