unban me so i can continue my singing career
I've said what I think of permanent bans several times already. Dunno what he did to get banned, but I was playing with him last night and he was pretty fun. Just chilling and playing some tunes over mic. My only issue was sometimes he did it during rounds, but eh that's whatever. Sometimes he was getting gagged for playing music during the mapvote, which I think is a little excessive.

I'd personally like to see a video of what he did to trigger this ban.. and in any case this definitely shouldn't be a forever ban.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(03-06-2021, 09:29 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I've said what I think of permanent bans several times already. Dunno what he did to get banned, but I was playing with him last night and he was pretty fun. Just chilling and playing some tunes over mic. My only issue was sometimes he did it during rounds, but eh that's whatever. Sometimes he was getting gagged for playing music during the mapvote, which I think is a little excessive.

I'd personally like to see a video of what he did to trigger this ban.. and in any case this definitely shouldn't be a forever ban.

There is a link in the original post to the song I was playing. I was playing it in dead chat during a game. no one has video of it though to my knowledge
(03-06-2021, 09:29 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I'd personally like to see a video of what he did to trigger this ban.. and in any case this definitely shouldn't be a forever ban.
 Ah sure. The last two instances: https://streamable.com/am3hl7 The buffer didn't catch the moment when he played the whole song.
from what iv been told and have seen he shouldn't have even been gagged, im not with the times on ttt staffing it may have changed, as annoying as i find timbo with the constant music i'd give the man a +1 on a reduction over astraight up unban
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean
If this rule were consistently enforced, I should've been perma'd for micspam a long time ago. Seems to me that the newer crop of mods are being a bit overzealous with their interpretation of the rules.

Besides, local mute exists! Or just keep people gagged for a map; this hardly warranted the nuclear option imo.

+1 on a reduction.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(03-06-2021, 10:27 PM)(s)ynthray Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 09:29 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I'd personally like to see a video of what he did to trigger this ban.. and in any case this definitely shouldn't be a forever ban.
 Ah sure. The last two instances: https://streamable.com/am3hl7 The buffer didn't catch the moment when he played the whole song.

eh yeah thats a little bit on the annoying side

still though, no forever bans for dumb microphone antics
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
People play on the server for the community, and I've had the pleasure to share many games with Timbo. He makes alot of people laugh, and adds color to the server when he's on.

I was on when he got perma'd (IGN at the time was (s)icki minaj). (s)ynthray gagged me for snapping along to Timbo's music that map, but didn't gag Timbo until roughly a full minute later. I don't have video evidence of this, so it's my word against his. It's because of this that I believe that if (s)ynthray used his mod powers in a more appropriate manner, Timbo wouldn't have been perma'd and he wouldn't be discussing his possible permanent departure.

What got me hooked onto the server in the first place was a user named Dolphin. He had a soundboard of just dolphin noises, and used every opportunity to "spam" vc with their soundclips. It was a hilarious riot, and everyone was having a good time. And that's what Dink's TTT should be about, just having a good time. It's hard to do that when regulars get banned for what many would think of as minor inconveniences.
It's fine to mess around as a community. It's not so fine to do it at anyone's expense whether or not they're vocal about their dissatisfaction. Which is why there's a rule against micspam in the first place.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
I have no horse in this race but.. I'd like to point out that he has 9 legit bans dating back to October of 2020 and about 4 or 5 of them are mic spam related. Just food for thought.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
A grand majority of the playerbase has significant issues with the rules and the way they are implemented, and whenever criticisms are given it is the senior staff's position to make no change nor even entertain the idea of change. If the ruling base should refuse to listen to their players, it is only natural that the players would refuse to listen to highly contentious rules and end up breaking them repeatedly. In addition, donators and other players of preferential status are consistently allowed concessions which are not afforded to regular players; this is one of the primary reasons I and I suspect many other players who spend so much time on the server they otherwise would donate choose not to do so. This ear-plugging only serves to exacerbate the issues the sitting elites choose to ignore outright.
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]